IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

My heart says, “Ancelotti was the man who transformed Pirlo from a number 10 to the silky deep lying legend that he will forever be remembered.”

My head asks, “What’s Ancelotti been sniffing?!?!” 

I had mused whether that is what would happen when Ancelotti arrived, and let's just say I muse no more!

13 hours ago, London Blue said:

Siggy is a passenger at best in most games he plays in, Carlo knows this. Do you seriously think that a manager of his ability and experience would want Siggy playing in his team every week if he had a choice? We can all see Siggy is a fish out of water, and is not viable in a squad pushing for Europe, which is our stated aim. Carlo is a World Class manager so of course he knows this.

Lack of options is one of the reasons he is playing, yes I know we let moaning Morgan go, but I imagine we had no choice but to let him go once he made it clear he wanted to go. Another reason is to preserve any semblance of fee we might get for him when he goes in the summer.

A new midfield player is a must, but once we get Gambin fit we will have Gomes, Davies, Gambin and another player. Both Davies and Gomes work best in a midfield 3 with a ball winner so maybe have 2 midfielders arrive in the window.

Davies’ head is gone right now, completely gone. Kids got no confidence and I’m worried for him.

11 hours ago, Btay said:

1 game doesn’t wipe out a season and a half.

Both he and Gomes looked better in a 3. Would like to see it with Gordon for Davies this weekend.

I really don't see Gordon in a central midfield position. He is so lightweight and he does turnover the ball a lot. Maybe play him in the 10 position, but I couldn't see it going that well if he played deeper.

13 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I really don't see Gordon in a central midfield position. He is so lightweight and he does turnover the ball a lot. Maybe play him in the 10 position, but I couldn't see it going that well if he played deeper.

He's taller than Phil Foden and a bit lighter.  Foden has been playing centre mid more than attacking mid. It's a different ask in our midfield- granted. 

I certainly wouldnt say play him centre right now but I wouldnt discount it as an option in the future. 

19 minutes ago, Bailey said:

DCL was slight until last summer then bulked up a lot. No reason Gordon couldn’t too

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He's taller than Phil Foden and a bit lighter.  Foden has been playing centre mid more than attacking mid. It's a different ask in our midfield- granted. 

I certainly wouldnt say play him centre right now but I wouldnt discount it as an option in the future. 

Oh definitely, I wouldn't say he couldn't in the future but at the moment his build is very slight. Foden, at least appears, to have a much lower centre of gravity and he also has very good technical ability.

Just now, Matt said:

DCL was slight until last summer then bulked up a lot. No reason Gordon couldn’t too

DCL has never been slight since he has been with us. He has bulked up a lot as he has matured but there is no comparison with him and Gordon.

I'm not saying he will never play in central midfield, but it just isn't right for him at this stage of his career both from physical, mental or technical perspective.

Just now, Bailey said:

DCL has never been slight since he has been with us. He has bulked up a lot as he has matured but there is no comparison with him and Gordon.

I'm not saying he will never play in central midfield, but it just isn't right for him at this stage of his career both from physical, mental or technical perspective.

He was a beanpole for a long time mate

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

Its more the formation and players to suit. 1 midfielder sitting and playing horizontal lines while the other 2 are more advanced, looking to get the ball on the half turn and drive forward. Roles i think Gordon and Iwobi are very much suited to.

On 24/07/2020 at 01:14, Btay said:

Its more the formation and players to suit. 1 midfielder sitting and playing horizontal lines while the other 2 are more advanced, looking to get the ball on the half turn and drive forward. Roles i think Gordon and Iwobi are very much suited to.

Yeh I can see that, especially in the future but I think it still might be a bit too much for Gordon right now. I agree about Iwobi, he surprised me in the little glimpses we got of him in a central midfield berth (both at 10 and slightly deeper).

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Whilst I certainly wouldn't say he played well, he still showed more than the other two behind him based upon the overall performance. It isn't saying much though.

Bailey I don’t often disagree with you but that’s bollocks, Davies was the only one to in the middle to show any desire, and he wasn’t that good. 

19 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Whilst I certainly wouldn't say he played well, he still showed more than the other two behind him based upon the overall performance. It isn't saying much though.

Based on the fact that he's our highest paid player, who cost us £45m, an international captain..... then I don't expect him to be in a toss up with a youth graduate in terms of quality..... I certain don't expect him to be outshine in effort either. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Bailey I don’t often disagree with you but that’s bollocks, Davies was the only one to in the middle to show any desire, and he wasn’t that good. 

To be fair to Siggy he got back in and defended on more than one occasion when a player without desire wouldn't have. 

I do think Davies gave it more of a go but there was no quality in anything he did when it came to doing something important and that is where, for me, Siggy edged it. I'm certainly not saying he played well, in terms of moments of quality, he showed more than the other two. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Based on the fact that he's our highest paid player, who cost us £45m, an international captain..... then I don't expect him to be in a toss up with a youth graduate in terms of quality..... I certain don't expect him to be outshine in effort either. 

I couldn't care how much they get paid or cost, that wasn't part of the equation. Was Siggy's performance good enough, no. Was Davies' performance good enough, no. That is all that matters to me. It doesnt give Davies an excuse to play shitter because he came from the academy and is paid less.