IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

iwobi was played on the left, he came on for bernard.  as always gylfi is the scape goat.  gomes and morgan were getting run through, but it's gylfi fault.  DCL couldn't score open goals but it's gylfis fault.  i would have like to have seen gomes go for iwobi and dcl go for kean and then see how gylfi does with some players around him that arent static, but as always he will be blamed for global warming next probably.

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

iwobi was played on the left, he came on for bernard.  as always gylfi is the scape goat.  gomes and morgan were getting run through, but it's gylfi fault.  DCL couldn't score open goals but it's gylfis fault.  i would have like to have seen gomes go for iwobi and dcl go for kean and then see how gylfi does with some players around him that arent static, but as always he will be blamed for global warming next probably.

Iwobi was all across the front line. No one is blaming Gylfi for the others failing, but doesn’t absolve him of his ineffectiveness the last few games. 

3 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Gilfi is in the team to create chances and score goals. In the three matches he hasn’t come close to that. If he’s not producing he needs to be dropped and that applies to everyone. 

perhaps you missed the one two in the box where richy fluffed it, or the other 1 2 where digne fluffed it.  he can't assist and score the goals all by himself.

On 25/08/2019 at 09:28, FairWooney said:

Gylfi looked very static and I rarely saw him contribute much.  he did create a couple of things but was very rarely involved in the game.  touched the ball 37 times in an hour (Bernard did much less and didn't really seem to be making the movement and showing for it in a game where their sat back and he's in the perfect position to make things happen.  Both he and Gomez were guility of not contributing effectively to create things around the edge of the box.

Personally I thought Iwobi looked more lively when he came on and i'd like to see him get a start in the middle in the league cup and if he plays well then he should start in the next league game.  Kean should also start in the league cup and if they work well then they should both be starting at the weekend.  We looked a lot more dynamic and created more in the box when they were on.

Was wondering how well he would do in the middle for us the other day. I'm not sure if Silva has this in his plans though as I think he said he would be purchased to play on the left.

I think he’d Be open to him playing in the middle and I’m sure he’s been mentioned as such in the past as an extra option to Sig.  I think he looked like he’d do better there than on the wing to be honest and if we had a front 4 of Bernard, Richarlison, iwobi and Kean then I think that would give us plenty of quick movement going forward 

Sigurdsson seemed to be a bit more motivated and involved against Lincoln, albeit sporadically. Looking forward to see him running on all four cylinders again pretty soon. We have a few players a little off-kilter at the minute; if we can get the pieces to fall into position it would make a world of difference, and we'd see a completely different Everton.

6 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

can't believe we won with him in the side.  it's a miracle

No one hates Gylfi Mark - but he has done the square root of fuck all in the first 3 games bar put 2 balls on richarlison’s head. Everyone’s is simply screaming for him to get involved or a system to force him to get involved because when he does get on the ball it’s normally quality.

where i differ is that i don't believe that is his fault.  when a CF isn't getting service we don't blame them, we blame the midfield.  i saw him do the same things at Lincoln he does every week.  Tries to put balls int he box for others to run onto, tries 1-2's, and presses from the front.  the only difference this time was the result of the people on the other end of those balls namely the hockey assist he had for the goal.

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

where i differ is that i don't believe that is his fault.  when a CF isn't getting service we don't blame them, we blame the midfield.  i saw him do the same things at Lincoln he does every week.  Tries to put balls int he box for others to run onto, tries 1-2's, and presses from the front.  the only difference this time was the result of the people on the other end of those balls namely the hockey assist he had for the goal.

He looked like a completely different player against Lincoln. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

I just want more from him. My pet peeve with him is when our CM’s have it with a compact team in front and he sits central in front marked out the game - he is not only taking himself out the game but also the ball into the CF’s feet. In this situation he needs to move sharply 5 yards either side, open that channel then move towards the CF for the sharp lay off and either look to shoot or feed a winger making a third man run.

Football is simple really.

He certainly played out wide on the right a lot more. He and Richarlison kept swapping positions to get him more involved in the game. While his crossing out there is quality, I doubt he’d be getting the same amount of time and space against premier league level full-backs though. 

5 minutes ago, Vranny said:

He certainly played out wide on the right a lot more. He and Richarlison kept swapping positions to get him more involved in the game. While his crossing out there is quality, I doubt he’d be getting the same amount of time and space against premier league level full-backs though. 

He doesn’t need time or space to do something incredible though - ask Maddison from Leicester! Just get on the ball more and make things happen.

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

I don’t think he’s the whipping boy I just think he deserves Critism just like everybody else. As our most expensive player he has needed to do more and create more. On Sunday he did that. Was it the change in formation that allowed him to get into those pockets out wide? Was it the Iwobi and kean? Or maybe was it due to the new players he now knows he’s not guaranteed a game ever week? 

Maybe a mix of all three, whatever long may it continue👍