IGNORED

Gylfi Sigurðsson

51 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

thank you for sharing that.  the anti-gylfi people need to read that, he's an icelandic god that we are blessed to have in our squad

Mark, everyone knows what Gylfi is capable - which is why people get frustrated with him. 

It’s solely up to him and him alone to perform at those levels 

58 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Yeah he's been class for the last season or so

Has he been playing for someone else?

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

thank you for sharing that.  the anti-gylfi people need to read that, he's an icelandic god that we are blessed to have in our squad

If by God you mean very talented but frustratingly inconsistent enigma, then yes he is. 

But he did play very well tonight, agree with Matt he looked very tired in the last 30 mins but his work rate was impressive. We just hope he can keep this level up.  

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Yeah, that’s ridiculous. He played well tonight, no doubt, but we are blessed to have him? He’s been poor for a long time.

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

As a performance he was one of the best players on the pitch great to see, but whether this is a turning point for him this season remains to be proved, like so many he needs to be consistent every week not once in a blue moon. It’s down to him now to put that sort of performance in week in week out. 

And to raise his fitness so he can do it for a full 90, as do a number of our squad.

32 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

The difference in a player who wants the ball and decides to be bold with it rather than a player who points at who should receive the ball instead of him who passes back and sideways. 

A player with his technical ability should be ashamed of some of the performances he has put it.

Not only his technical ability but he’s worn the armband countless times and shrieked it. Hopefully it’s more to come, I’m happy to see him have a good game.

If he pulls his finger out he has the ability to win us points single handily and we will need that over the next month.

36 minutes ago, Btay said:

Not only his technical ability but he’s worn the armband countless times and shrieked it. Hopefully it’s more to come, I’m happy to see him have a good game.

If he pulls his finger out he has the ability to win us points single handily and we will need that over the next month.

Frustrating isn't it?

I don't think Carlo has ever had to manage a squad of players who need hairdryers and cups smashing and I don't think that's his style....  

For me he's the type of manager who is like the teacher in school who was easy going but you didn't want to disappoint... Other teachers shout and ball and rule by fear.  

It really shouldn't take this long to get the players to be disciplined and hardworking.  Big Dunc did it over a few games.  I spoke to John Ebbrell about this and he was assisting Dunc and he said it wasn't sustainable - both Dunc and the players would burn out, it was pure energy and drive, over a stretch of games that isn't gonna work. 

Carlo has probably learned as much managing this team than any other in his career. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

he's been a lot more consistent lately, really coming into his own.  he's doing a lot of defending and pressing and he works hard in that advanced midfield role.  nice to see the goal today and Carlo's faith in him rewarded.  

You still got a soft spot for him Mark I can feel the love in your post, won’t belong before he’s back as your profile picture 😉

2 hours ago, Matt said:

He’s in a good run, but his deadballs really annoyed me yesterday 

Bad weather, and digne is first choice when he comes back.  I’m not too worried about it

59 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You still got a soft spot for him Mark I can feel the love in your post, won’t belong before he’s back as your profile picture 😉

I do, I loved him at Swans and at Spurs, I just like the guy.