IGNORED

Ross Barkley

https://twitter.com/whoscored/status/890866923529015296

Interesting how stats can be used to make a player look good/bad.

Just actually read through it. Interesting to see people's opinions.

It did t really make Ross look bad, but like people pointed out. The areas of the pitch show him much he was looking for he ball and willing to receive the ball in forward positions.

Another reason for wanting him to stay.

Praying we get a replacement for him. Thursday showed us a deep hole.

Just actually read through it. Interesting to see people's opinions.

It did t really make Ross look bad, but like people pointed out. The areas of the pitch show him much he was looking for he ball and willing to receive the ball in forward positions.

Another reason for wanting him to stay.

Praying we get a replacement for him. Thursday showed us a deep hole.

It's how and when they lose the ball....

Miscontrolling a 15 yard ball - unacceptable.

Taking on a man to get to a by line- acceptable.

Playing a through ball to a player making a run beyond the defenders- acceptable

dribbling in your own half when a pass is on - unacceptable

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/ross-barkley-must-take-less-10902409

Looking worse for Ross day by day. Not going to end well this one, I really hope we aren't carrying this over into the start of the season.

Oh, now its 120k per week he's turned down and all top 6 clubs are after him.

You couldn't make this up....

oh wait, they did!

Be interesting to know if a official transfer request was handed in, if he wants to leave then do it properly, formally request the transfer instead of holding the club to the loyalty payment.

I always find this funny, not just with Barkley alone, but all player situations like this.

They want to leave their club but won't hand in a transfer as it means they'll not be entitled to a 'loyalty' payment on their remaining contract...or however it works.

I wonder if Sigurdsson has handed in a request? He's made it pretty clear he wants to leave.

I'm sure it's agents at work again, looking after themselves through players.

I always find this funny, not just with Barkley alone, but all player situations like this.

They want to leave their club but won't hand in a transfer as it means they'll not be entitled to a 'loyalty' payment on their remaining contract...or however it works.

I wonder if Sigurdsson has handed in a request? He's made it pretty clear he wants to leave.

I agree mate, the money they get is ruining the game, where as the integrity and passion gone with most players, in their banks I think.

Yep, its a cuntish move, "oh I don't want to play for you but I wont make it formal so I get paid more money." Its snake behaviour that.

I'm not a fan of how Sigurdsson has gone about trying to move to us either, you play for the team that's paying you until the transfer goes through, yes you can tell the club "listen I would like to move to X if they match your price tag" but downing tools is bang out of order. I highly doubt he has handed in a written transfer request either.

With Siguardson it's slightly different imo- and I'm not juat saying that because it's us. We've made more than a fair offer for him, one way above what he's worth so he has every right to feel aggrieved that he's being priced out of a move.

On the flip side I get Swansea don't want to sell so want the best proce but if the clubs being unrealistic in it's valuation knowinng the player wants out then the player will feel he's being treated unfairly.

Of course we offered him good contract. We're not underpaying our players, we never did. I'm sure the offer was at least 100k GBP, considering he's earning over 60k already. It's stupid to believe otherwise. Actually I don't think he deserves so much money, but if it's true he has turned down our offer worth 120k per week, he should get the fuck out of the club immediately and enjoy his overpaid mediocre existence elsewhere.

Edited by Haiku

Ok....

What's worse?

1. Signing a 5 year deal and then spouting off to the press or club that you want to move 1 or 2 years into the deal

2. Signing a contract and honouring it to the point that you will exercise the refusal to sign an extension to get the move you want?

For every Ross Barkley who doesn't want to sign a new deal there is a tony hibbert who feels aggrieved tgat he doesn't get another 2 years money for nothing.

For every gylfi who wants his club to accept an offer from another club there is a niasse who feels totally rejected and is trying to be sold against his wishes.

Lukaku did better, because he had two years left and other clubs were obligated to pay big time in order to get him. With Barkley we're in position to lose him for pennies, because he only has one year left, is injured, is mediocre punk and has huge salary demands that nobody is willing to meet.

Edited by Haiku

Ok....

What's worse?

1. Signing a 5 year deal and then spouting off to the press or club that you want to move 1 or 2 years into the deal

2. Signing a contract and honouring it to the point that you will exercise the refusal to sign an extension to get the move you want?

For every Ross Barkley who doesn't want to sign a new deal there is a tony hibbert who feels aggrieved tgat he doesn't get another 2 years money for nothing.

For every gylfi who wants his club to accept an offer from another club there is a niasse who feels totally rejected and is trying to be sold against his wishes.

Hibbert wasn't aggrieved about not getting a new contract at all, just the way he (and Ossie) found out they were being released.

http://toffeeweb.com/season/16-17/news/33217.html

Ok....

What's worse?

He's been a snake running his contract down. Pretty sure you weren't as considerate when Moyes done it.

One went for £90m after bigging himself up and only left to a club that met his ambition, something we failed to do. If we were in champions league he'd probs still be here. We didn't, he earned a move and we recieved a fair whack. I find it pathetic that any one can complain about a player being vocally ambitious.

The other underperformed and has turned down what the club to believe to be a good offer. Add to that he's local and has been given more support than any player previously. I know which one I'd lanel as a shit house.

Ok....

What's worse?

It's hard to swallow point 2, considering he's been offered a contract with a weekly rise of some amount, had his boyhood hero rejoin the club, the club is on an upward trajectory with new stadium plans and record expenditure with additional signings to take the pressure off. The fact we lured Rooney back is testament to that.

Granted all that shows is that there obviously must be some major shit between him and Koeman, and he's staying silent to retain his bridges in case.

There are plenty of rumours saying that Barkley is demanding too much wages. Spurs are losing interest due to it.

I think an agent is filling Ross head with garbage. Telling him that he is worth this and that.

If Everton offered 120k a week and if Ross said thanks but no thankS then good riddance. Doubt that any other club is going to pay him more

But didn't Koeman say that we haven't received a single offer for him?

Yet he is demanding big wages from Spurs haha.

Or do we think a Koeman is lying through his teeth?

How times have changed. Players are cunts now... for NOT handing in transfer requests haha! Fucking hilarious.

But didn't Koeman say that we haven't received a single offer for him?

Yet he is demanding big wages from Spurs haha.

Or do we think a Koeman is lying through his teeth?

How times have changed. Players are cunts now... for NOT handing in transfer requests haha! Fucking hilarious.

Think the papers have made all this "commanding a big wage" stuff up.

I think he will end up at Chelsea. They can afford the big wages and they need players to bulk up their squad. Ross could play in their system with three centre halves and Kante alongside him. I'm not saying for one minute he is a starter for them but he would likely get a game for them over spurs who favour the same eleven

He's been a snake running his contract down. Pretty sure you weren't as considerate when Moyes done it.

One went for £90m after bigging himself up and only left to a club that met his ambition, something we failed to do. If we were in champions league he'd probs still be here. We didn't, he earned a move and we recieved a fair whack. I find it pathetic that any one can complain about a player being vocally ambitious.

The other underperformed and has turned down what the club to believe to be a good offer. Add to that he's local and has been given more support than any player previously. I know which one I'd lanel as a shit house.

You think it's pathetic that people moan at a player who starts talking about needing to leave 1 year into a 5 year contract?

I think the word pathetic applies to that person who is dishonouring his contract.

Club never showed ambition? It had spent more money in players in the previous calendar year than any other club up to the poi t of his sale and announced a new plan for a dockside stadium.

Talking shit again.

Barkley was offered his contract IN APRIL. he told koeman in April that he wouldn't be signing it.... he never played him.

Club fucked about with barkley - simple as that and the lad has decided he needs a fresh start. He will be sold.

Don't start blaming Barkley that the club never offered him a contract till April.

Edited by Hafnia

It's not like his contract runs out this year. If we offer him a a new and by all accounts decent new contract with over a year left that's plenty of time.

Given the what's happened since I expect informal negotiations were underway before April but without any joy. The club then put their best offer in place in April and things haven't changed.

I think amongst all the fuore over this since about May, we've missed something.

If you go back through the news archives to around April 2016 there were a number of reports that Barkley was refusing to talk about a new contract and/or would not accept any new contract at that moment in time as he ponders his future.

Martinez said this about Barkleys contract in FEBRUARY 2016...

We will probably look at it in the summer. As Ive said before, Ross is not a young man any more.

Hes a player you can build a project on. When you want to build a project it is about a player who wants to play for Everton and wants to take that role. It is one thing as a manager wanting to do something, if the player doesnt feel the same way then you cannot do it.

Take note of these key words...

"When you want to build a project it is about a player who wants to play for Everton and wants to take that role. It is one thing as a manager wanting to do something, if the player doesnt feel the same way then you cannot do it.

I'm not sure how this slipped off the radar last year...maybe we were all too missed off with Martinez to notice these words and reports? Or maybe at the time it didn't seem significant to any of us. But as we try to piece together the jigsaw...it makes a bit more sense.

Did the club totally ignore Barkley until March/April this year? Or was it Barkley who wanted to hold off as long as possible?

Edit...sorry, didn't quite finish before I had to get off the train!

So, has Barkley via his agent rd the club since last year that he didn't want to talk about a new contract?

Does it not seem strange that this club, who are often keen to the up contract extensions asap, left one of it's prized assets hanging until March/April this year?

Is it not possible that Koeman, with his philosophy on selling players in the final year of their contracts, and knowing of the stand off with Barkley, told the board to come up with a good contract offer anyway, whilst also having a quiet word with Barkley about the realistic outvine of not signing a new contract?

Edited by Newty82