IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 20/07/2019 at 01:40, Aidan said:

Yeah leave the £40m 17 year old signings for the clubs who already have a star striker and are playing European football. 

It's not going to be 40 million up front. More like 15 million and the rest are bonuses.

7 minutes ago, Makis said:

It's not going to be 40 million up front. More like 15 million and the rest are bonuses.

I would’ve thought bonuses would make up a small part but that the majority would be spread over a few years. Liken £30m total plus £10m in bonuses, but as you say £15m or so upfront 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

We did. He’s signed for Real Madrid. Would love to know how close we were in the summer, if at all. 

It's like the Kean deal. Yeah he could be a world beater but there is a time to bring players in for the future. We needed an experienced striker last summer and failed to get one and now we're wondering why we can't score goals. 

13 hours ago, Aidan said:

It's like the Kean deal. Yeah he could be a world beater but there is a time to bring players in for the future. We needed an experienced striker last summer and failed to get one and now we're wondering why we can't score goals. 

The way DCL is now scoring I’m quite happy we didn’t get someone in to get in his way. 

39 minutes ago, StevO said:

The way DCL is now scoring I’m quite happy we didn’t get someone in to get in his way. 

But that was a big risk. He showed no sign of picking up his scoring ratio this season and I doubt he will maintain it long term. 

Who knows with a proper striker leading the line silva may not have been sacked. 

Not a criticism towards dom, just a incline. Im pleased with how he's doing recently. 

5 minutes ago, Aidan said:

But that was a big risk. He showed no sign of picking up his scoring ratio this season and I doubt he will maintain it long term. 

Who knows with a proper striker leading the line silva may not have been sacked. 

Not a criticism towards dom, just a incline. Im pleased with how he's doing recently. 

We could have had Ronaldo and we'd have scored no more. Silva was a fraud and with his tactics no striker in the world would have scored bag fulls as we were so slow and predictable getting the ball forward we rarely managed to find a player in the box once we did. 

• 4 weeks later...