IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

9 minutes ago, Vranny said:

If that’s correct (or close enough to) that’s really damning of Walsh’s signings and our last few managers. Pretty embarrassing that the 11th most expensive team in Europe are currently a shite, mid-table club.

It's misleading in my opinion. Spurs have been building for a lot longer than we have, and in the meantime the transfer market has exploded (where £5m players 3-5 years ago are suddenly £15-20m)

The defence has been utterly rubbish this season. 

The average goals conceded per match is 46 goals/26 games = 1.77

Looking at the effect when certain players don't participate*

Goal conceded per game without:

Defence 

Jagielka = 1.15

Keane = 1.25

Cuco = 2

Williams = 2.4

Midfield 

Gana = 1

Schneiderlin = 2

Rooney = 2.2

Davies = 2. 75

*subs of less than 10 minutes I've counted as not playing. 

The sample size isn'tttt big with Gana only missing 3 and Schneiderlin 6 but it's still food for thought. Only cleansheet we have against a top half club is when Gana missed the Chelsea one at home. Thought I'd highlight Martina for being defensively missed as well whilst I was at it. Too many people going with the herd lately. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

The defence has been utterly rubbish this season. 

The average goals conceded per match is 46 goals/26 games = 1.77

Looking at the effect when certain players don't participate*

Goal conceded per game without:

Defence 

Jagielka = 1.15

Keane = 1.25

Cuco = 2

Williams = 2.4

Midfield 

Gana = 1

Schneiderlin = 2

Rooney = 2.2

Davies = 2. 75

*subs of less than 10 minutes I've counted as not playing. 

The sample size isn'ttttt big with Gana only missing 3 and Schneiderlin 6 but it's still food for thought. Only cleansheet we have against a top half club is when Gana missed the Chelsea one at home. Thought I'd highlight Martina for being defensively missed as well whilst I was at it. Too many people going with the herd lately. 

It also depends on the opposition if Gana for example missed Huddersfield, Newcastle and Swansea but played against all the top 6 and another player missed all the top 6 but played against the lower team it’s hardly accurate is it.

25 minutes ago, Paddock said:

It also depends on the opposition if Gana for example missed Huddersfield, Newcastle and Swansea but played against all the top 6 and another player missed all the top 6 but played against the lower team it’s hardly accurate is it.

Gana's not started v ManU at home and West Brom home and away; make of that what you like. Can we also reverse the stat to show we've only scored a third of a goal a game when he's not started but 1.2 when he has?

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

I mentioned the only cleansheet against top half was without him. Sample size is small other than that there's no bias. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Gana's not started v ManU at home and West Brom home and away; make of that what you like. Can we also reverse the stat to show we've only scored a third of a goal a game when he's not started but 1.2 when he has?

You could but I did prelude the defence has been atrocious. 

14 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I mentioned the only cleansheet against top half was without him. Sample size is small other than that there's no bias. 

My point still remains the same- not just for Gana but any player for any team outside the top 6 playing against the top 6. Stats will almost always been worse playing better opposition.

20 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I mentioned the only cleansheet against top half was without him.

Except he started that game (v Chelsea) and although he was subbed played more than half of it and was our third change, also was only taken off because he was injured; so that statement is complete fantasy.

BBC live text...

Substitution Posted at51'

Substitution, Everton. Beni Baningime replaces Idrissa Gueye because of an injury.

22 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Except he started that game (v Chelsea) and although he was subbed played more than half of it and was our third change, also was only taken off because he was injured; so that statement is complete fantasy.

BBC live text...

Substitution Posted at51'

Substitution, Everton. Beni Baningime replaces Idrissa Gueye because of an injury.

Ah my mistake. I've read the wrong game, was WBA next to it. 

13 hours ago, Lowensda said:

Club is a complete shithouse on the field and in the player/staff recruitment.

Going to take years of accepting no return on any of that investment Mosh ', made some fucking horrendous errors in Walsh and last 2 years player recruitment. 

Feel for him actually. Best intentions, massively mis-advised.

It needs to start with getting rid of the cunt and his mate, Walsh.

44 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It needs to start with getting rid of the cunt and his mate, Walsh.

Which one? I know you're not a Mosh fan but he has done what he promised. Unfortunately been misinformed and guided, which has led to him spinning money and recruiting the wrong people.

Just a thought, when the club were toying with creating a role for a technical Director of football, why did they not just get one in who's been around the block and has a good level of experience in the position, rather than  risking a new role to someone unfamiliar in that style of role? That's still one thing that does baffle me and if that is on Mosh, then he deserves no sympathy on the matter.

24 minutes ago, Lowensda said:

Which one? I know you're not a Mosh fan but he has done what he promised. Unfortunately been misinformed and guided, which has led to him spinning money and recruiting the wrong people.

Just a thought, when the club were toying with creating a role for a technical Director of football, why did they not just get one in who's been around the block and has a good level of experience in the position, rather than  risking a new role to someone unfamiliar in that style of role? That's still one thing that does baffle me and if that is on Mosh, then he deserves no sympathy on the matter.

The gravy guzzler.

16 hours ago, Lowensda said:

Club is a complete shithouse on the field and in the player/staff recruitment.

Going to take years of accepting no return on any of that investment Mosh ', made some fucking horrendous errors in Walsh and last 2 years player recruitment. 

Feel for him actually. Best intentions, massively mis-advised.

I don't feel for him at all. If he wants to pay for inadequate advisors then that's his fault. He expected to splash the cash and for things to come easy. 

All the reports were that when Fonseca and Silva weren' available, Moshiri wanted Allardyce. Blame Walsh all you like but he is the one giving him the contract, for all he might have recommended him.