IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

43 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Wow!

“I spent three years at Man United and then 10 glorious years at Everton Football Club,” Howard says. “Outside of my two children, Everton Football Club is the greatest thing that ever happened to me. Being able to play 400 times for that club, becoming an Evertonian myself, loving the fans and having them love me, feeling like that’s home… there’s nothing like it in the world.

“Playing at the Gwladys Street End [at Everton’s home, Goodison Park] with all those Blues behind you, just willing you on, having this togetherness,” he continues, “yeah, I’m on the field playing, but they’re there. It’s just one family, one team, it’s really special. Like I’ve said, I played for Manchester United, which is the biggest football club in the world, and I’ve played for Everton, which is the greatest football club in the world.”

Respect. Always thought he was an excellent professional and we were lucky to have him. Still the best keeper I’ve seen play for us in my era.

52 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

How much For the frames I need some new ones🤓

£99 from Specsavers, but it's BOGOF so got distance and reading.

43 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Hate to be pedantic but shouldn’t the glass have the blue tint? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Certainly not, these give a lovely blue hint to peripheral vision, so the whole World is surrounded by a warm blue blanket:D

Jordan Pickford is not such a cause for concern as he was a couple of months ago; he made a couple of typically quick, smothering stops to keep a clean sheet on Monday. But he also flapped at virtually every corner that came into the box; he just doesn’t breed the confidence required of a top-class goalkeeper. Alisson, Ederson, Thibaut Courtois and Kasper Schmeichel as the last four title-winning goalkeepers illustrate the need for an upgrade perfectly.

Wouldn't swap Pickford for any of them. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Best thing was that he was mostly redundant against Southampton, but was ready the second he was needed.

Normally a quiet keeper isn’t up to speed for those, Pickford was ready and saved us two points.

I’m feeling your new found love 💙 for Pickford mate, long may it last 😆

Today's results worked out very well for us: Leicester dropped two points, Man United dropped two points, and Villa dropped three. United face City this weekend and could drop three more. If Leicester lose one more game and we win our games in hand, we would be in second place.

And this begs the controversial question, with the FA Cup quarter finals coming up. If (and it's a big if) we had to put all our focus and efforts into one and not the other, which would you prefer? To win the FA Cup and finish seventh in the league, or lose the FA Cup quarter final but finish second in the league? (You can argue for both the cup and second place, but, in my opinion, we don't have the squad depth to do that.)