IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Really struggle with the simplistc, "...sack the board.."

What are they suggesting we replace it with?

They don't care what we do next, just want to be able to stand there and say I joined on the protest…. Like 80% of protesters.

Apparently sacking the board gives us everything we’ve ever wanted 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Really struggle with the simplistc, "...sack the board.."

What are they suggesting we replace it with?

Been hesitant to ask this question for awhile cuz this thread is well oiled machine haha, but if you guys wouldn't mind can I derail for a second so someone can help me understand this. What actually is the board? It is a completely foreign concept to us here in the States. We have an owner, a president/CEO who oversees the entire operation, a general manager (DoF) and coach (manager). Sometimes the general manager reports to the president and sometimes they report to the owner but other than that one difference pretty much every organization in every sport is run this way.

I understand Denise's role clearly but wtf is the point of a chairman and other board members? What do they actually do or in our case what is it they're supposed to be doing? And lastly, does every club have a board like ours (just one more highly functioning)? 

36 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Been hesitant to ask this question for awhile cuz this thread is well oiled machine haha, but if you guys wouldn't mind can I derail for a second so someone can help me understand this. What actually is the board? It is a completely foreign concept to us here in the States. We have an owner, a president/CEO who oversees the entire operation, a general manager (DoF) and coach (manager). Sometimes the general manager reports to the president and sometimes they report to the owner but other than that one difference pretty much every organization in every sport is run this way.

I understand Denise's role clearly but wtf is the point of a chairman and other board members? What do they actually do or in our case what is it they're supposed to be doing? And lastly, does every club have a board like ours (just one more highly functioning)? 

29 minutes ago, MikeO said:

To answer your question in detail I'd say....yes, maybe, possibly, probably, no, clueless, and don't know...hopefully clarifies things.

All you really need to know is that each board member has a role and then the owner, Moshiri, says “fuck you all, I’m doing what I want.”

4 hours ago, Makis said:

Look at companies in the US. They do have boards. Boards are appointed by the owners to define long-term strategies and oversee their implementation. CEO is the main guy to do that.

Unfortunately our board keeps meddling with day-to-day stuff.

Yea i get that but our sports teams aren't set up like businesses. First most of our companies that have boards are publicly traded and therefore rarely have a single 'owner'. The board also is typically 15+ people serving in an advisory capacity and not employed by the company directly. Furthermore our board chairmans are typically voted on by board members not assigned by owner or CEO. I'm not sure what our board of 4 is exactly set up to do when half of it is also club employees. Denise and Sasha should be ex-officio and there to report on club happenings - to your point about the board meddling I agree from what we can see on the outside but that seems like all it can do as it's currently set up. Bill and Graeme should be thinking about long-term strategy, but we need a dozen more Graeme's for it to make any fucking sense.

I think the lack of trophies is used as a show of lack of success but it doesn't really mean much, Portsmouth won the FA Cup in 2008 and were relegated in 2010 and in league 2 by 2013!  

Wigan won the FA Cup in 2013 and were relegated a few days later!

I'd love to see us win a trophy again but it's not necessarily what you can base overall club success on as a strategy.

Are the existing board lacking football and commercial experience?  Looking at the website most of them have been at Everton a long time, they seem to have relevant experience to their roles and I whilst there may be better people to do the job I have no major reason to doubt them.

I think the person everyone is really looking at is Moshiri and Kenwright.

And what we want to see as a long term plan for the team that includes the youth section that will produce a positive upward trend over time without jumping managers every year and without wasting lots of money on players that don't do a job for us.

20 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

Are the existing board lacking football and commercial experience?  Looking at the website most of them have been at Everton a long time, they seem to have relevant experience to their roles and I whilst there may be better people to do the job I have no major reason to doubt them.

Was once told in an interview that not all experience is good experience. Could have ten years experience and they could be a shit year over and over again. Always stuck with me. 

Maybe our problem is we have surrounded ourselves with people who don’t really know what it’s like to be a serial winner, Denise and Bill from the board, Ferguson and Unsworth from the playing side, they all seem to be here because how the club want to be perceived as this family club who look after their own, but in reality are they holding us back with their lack of ability to knowing what it takes to be successful. Just maybe they need to go for a starter and new coaches and directors should only be considered if they have worked in a winning environment and fuck all the sentimental reasons why these people deserve their jobs and titles. 

21 minutes ago, Matt said:

Why is Denise getting so much slack? She really earned her place through her work with EITC. 

I assume you meant flack, that’s my problem what really has EITC got in comparison with running Everton Football Club, it’s like giving your kids school lollipop person the director of air traffic control at John Lennon airport and saying they both control traffic so shouldn’t be a problem. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Why is Denise getting so much slack? She really earned her place through her work with EITC. 

I don't agree with her being criticised, she is a great leader and made EITC a world leader. The problem I have with the board is that appears to be a lack of objectivity and knowledge about running a club effectively. They also sppear unable to manage the owner. 

I really like her and love how she talks. But don’t have a clue if she’s good at her job or not. It seems she’s also been involved in running the club during all of this chaos. Maybe Moshiri is a lone wolf in all of this, but then if he’s constantly making bad decisions is he being challenged by his CEO, chairman, financial director? Are the standing by and letting things happen? Are they being ignored? I think until we know the answers (probably never) these people will be under scrutiny, or at least until the club becomes more stable (if ever).

7 minutes ago, London Blue said:

I don't agree with her being criticised, she is a great leader and made EITC a world leader. The problem I have with the board is that appears to be a lack of objectivity and knowledge about running a club effectively. They also sppear unable to manage the owner. 

People need to start walking then…. Clearly they are picking up a wage whilst being associated with someone who is doing a bad job. 

resign! State that you are unable to do the job you are paid to do because you aren’t listened to. 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

People need to start walking then…. Clearly they are picking up a wage whilst being associated with someone who is doing a bad job. 

Well they appear to of stopped him getting Pereira which was key. If they could not stop that then I would have expected Denise and Sharp to walk.

14 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Well they appear to of stopped him getting Pereira which was key. If they could not stop that then I would have expected Denise and Sharp to walk.

I expect that's more to do with the fans tbh. They learnt their lesson in not being vocal enough about the sangria swiller when he was linked with the job and made it almost impossible for Moshiri to push through with his fucked up thinking this time.

23 minutes ago, London Blue said:

thats what I would hope.  My feeling is Moshiri will spit his dummy out soon enough but needs to wait for stadium and survival at least.

34 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I expect that's more to do with the fans tbh. They learnt their lesson in not being vocal enough about the sangria swiller when he was linked with the job and made it almost impossible for Moshiri to push through with his fucked up thinking this time.

Maybe, we will never know, I think he has been pretty good at ignoring us fans when we say things he does not want to hear. I think the board along with fans have been key in curbing Moshiri's managerial plans this time.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I assume you meant flack, that’s my problem what really has EITC got in comparison with running Everton Football Club, it’s like giving your kids school lollipop person the director of air traffic control at John Lennon airport and saying they both control traffic so shouldn’t be a problem. 

What are you talking about? :lol: