IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

bellew posted this earlier, deleted, then posted it again.

He's letting us know that he knew/knows.  It’s that sort of crap you see from Facebook attention seekers. 

a bit farcical in all fairness.   I doubt the likes of bellew will be able to resist taking shots at fans who questioned kenwrights chairmanship. Which to a degree I would understand if he gets emotive about it. The reality is that people will have negative opinions about Bills chairmanship - but they should never let it mean they disrespect a man in death. 

Oh shit.

Just seen this on Sky Sports news.

Obviously wasn't expecting that. Quite a shock.

RIP Bill.

We'll all have views on him, and rightly so. Like many, I just wish he'd walked away when he should have. Enjoyed himself some years of peace and quiet.

We'll have views on his whys etc which I'm sure we'll talk openly about in time but for now it's a 'virtual' moment of silence.

Don't listen to TalkSport, back to back calls about them naughty Evertonians calling for a better club. The media agenda is in overdrive as expected, some absolute shite being spouted. 

As for Bill, never nice to hear about anyone passing. He was a husband, father, grandfather and that carries weight - any human being leaving this place is something to be respected. 

RIP Bill you’ve done your bit for the club you loved, whether good bad or indifferent will be for others to judge but that time isn’t now that’s for the future. Right now every Evertonian should show Bill and his family the good grace and respect they deserve for the loss of a loving father and husband. 

We all had our view on him as the clubs Chairman in a rapidly changing modern era of football.  I don't think any of us ever doubted that he wasn't anything other than a devoted Evertonian, and as Chairman and fan both desperately wanted to see the club be successful again.

I am sure he will get the respect he deserves from the Goodison faithful for all the time and effot he put in to the club.

RIP Bill.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

From a club point of view I’d have rather Bill leave the club under his own steam, and step away graciously and let the fan base heal. If these rumours are true then it’s not how I think he should have left the club. I honestly think he was more concerned about his own legacy than the good of the club. 

If he has passed then I feel sad for his friends and family and hope he didn’t suffer and went out in comfort. 

This pretty accurately sums up how I feel as well. 

So sad to hear about Bills passing.

Thoughts go out for his friends, family and all those close to him. Not the right environment for him to be in at this time with I’ll health and wish he would have gotten away and became just a fan again to watch his team. 

RIP Bill. Sad day for Everton football club.

Just now, Hafnia said:

The one thing kenwright did very well was to show people the right level of tribute in matters of far more importance than football. 

sadly that will not happen in his passing because people out there like to use things for their agendas. Joe Anderson already doing it. 

Joe is a gobshite he will regret putting that up on Twitter. 

Just now, Zoo 2.0 said:

I think it will be very mixed personally.

I don't think so, I certainly hope not. This is a chance to draw a line in the sand. Bill has passed away, the club is in the process of being sold, the old board has gone. So what's the point in protesting, all the people who were to blame have either gone or are going.

This is a chance to say goodbye to a fellow Blue, to remember the good times, to show class.

In my opinion it would be in incredibly bad taste to do anything than give him a good send off, it would also damage the fans reputation in the eyes of the world, and further divide the club. This is a chance to bring the club together.

Echo the sentiments of others here. We are all one club in that respect.

I am a bit shocked tbh, considering his post surgery recovery was meant to be going well. Sometimes the body just doesn't want to fight anymore.

Hope the tributes are just about the positives of his life. We are remembering a life not debating the pluses and minuses.