IGNORED

Phil Jagielka

Aidan come on mate Baines isn't the most creative defender in the league ever and he's a shadow of the player he was 2-4 years ago he needs to take the game to them more like he use to he seems a bit hesitant in going forward as if he's more concerned about being caught out of position or something and it does hurt to say he's not the Baines of old

Aidan come on mate Baines isn't the most creative defender in the league ever and he's a shadow of the player he was 2-4 years ago he needs to take the game to them more like he use to he seems a bit hesitant in going forward as if he's more concerned about being caught out of position or something and it does hurt to say he's not the Baines of old

He's created more goals than any other premier league defender, therefore he is the most creative PL defender in the history of the PL.

He's also been hampered with injuries this past two seasons and has been unlucky. Prior to that he was a world class full back and needs to get fit to get back into form.

Furthermore, he isn't going to get forward as much with Koeman as he doesn't always like his fullbacks bombing forward like Martinez did.

You can't put Oviedo in the same category as baines, Baines is head and shoulders above him offensively and defensively.

If that stat is accurate then your right he was the most creative defender in that sense but all I'm trying to get a cross is he has lost a lot of his creativity and possibly believe now that maybe due to his injuries but we are playing in the now and not the past.

But any way Aidan I do take on board your points

Jagielka was excellent yesterday bar those 2 mad moments. I know that's a silly statement but he was.

I notice nobody picked up on Williams giving the ball away stupidly on the edge of our area 3 times and Jagielka bailed him out twice.

Williams was also excellent though, to be fair we got absolutely battered. Another day and that ends up 6-1

If that stat is accurate then your right he was the most creative defender in that sense but all I'm trying to get a cross is he has lost a lot of his creativity and possibly believe now that maybe due to his injuries but we are playing in the now and not the past.

But any way Aidan I do take on board your points

Me too Palfy. Oviedo is more of a winger for me, I have to look away whenever he's asked to defend! Haha.I'd like to see us buy someone else to replace Baines in the next coming seasons, I'm not sure who though!

As always jags gets an easy time on here. If that was Mori everyone would be going ballistic.

I don't give anyone any easy time, because simply I don't have favourite players.

Jagielka made two errors yesterday and anexperienced defender shouldn't, however he also defended superbly for most of the game, a game where we were absolutely pummeled for almost 90 minutes. Some of his last ditch defending was top drawer, s was Williams.

I don't give anyone any easy time, because simply I don't have favourite players.

Jagielka made two errors yesterday and anexperienced defender shouldn't, however he also defended superbly for most of the game, a game where we were absolutely pummeled for almost 90 minutes. Some of his last ditch defending was top drawer, s was Williams.

Three, there was a loose short pass on the edge of the box picked up by a city player. All three were school boy errors. He lacks responsibility and leadership skills to be captaining Everton every week, and we'd turn draws into wins without him.

Three, there was a loose short pass on the edge of the box picked up by a city player. All three were school boy errors. He lacks responsibility and leadership skills to be captaining Everton every week, and we'd turn draws into wins without him.

So what about the 3 times Williams done it? Point being we were being hammered it was relentless and they have some of the best attacking players in the world. For those 3 errors there were countless auality interceptions and tackles (from both centre halves) he is not above criticism of course he isn't but he defended exceptionally well despite the 2 pens.

So what about the 3 times Williams done it? Point being we were being hammered it was relentless and they have some of the best attacking players in the world. For those 3 errors there were countless auality interceptions and tackles (from both centre halves) he is not above criticism of course he isn't but he defended exceptionally well despite the 2 pens.

Despite two pens. Most pens are stupid moments, but you can't defend what he done by saying the rest went well. Football is a low scoring sport with very little margin for error, and with him on the pitch the margins favour the opposition.

Don't know how you can say that Pete, Koeman has no problem replacing any players who are not performing, like to see if he benches Jags for the next game, as theres no doubt that you would.

He gave Barkley one more game to redeem himself, so I'd expect Jagielka to start, but if I was Mori I'd be fuming not to get a chance after yesterday's mistakes.

I agree so far this campaign koeman has shored the defence up which had to be his or anyone's first priority after taking over the mess left by Martinez and Jags has played a massive part in the turn around no way his he getting dropped for me he could still walk into any team in the PL

We have one of the best defensive records in the league. I think Jags should keep his place.

There's still room for improvement. Of the few we have conceded he's been the most culpable. Last time I checked we won more points without him, although conceded slightly more goals. The mentality of the team, and all-round team work is better without him.

Jags was excellent yesterday, okay he gave away 2 penalties but come on the amount of defending we were asked to do in that game was ridiculous. There won't be many games were we need to defend like that.

I'd agree and say Williams would make a better captain than Jags he's a lot more vocal but the pair have been great up to now so why the need to change?

Throw Baines back in when he's fit again and we have a solid looking back 4.

Man city were diving so much you'd think it was the olympics, never saw jags have a word with the ref. The whole point of the captain is you are a representative of the team who can speak to the ref, shame he doesn't exercise that right.

That's a minor role for a captain. In gave you are instructed not to get into the rest face and argue.

Decisions are made and the team needs to accept it and respond with football, not harassment.

He does need to he vocal in leading the team though, that's what a captains main role should be, to lift your team and lead by example.

We want a ref bully to lead the team then maybe loan Terry for a season.

Think I've got different expectations of a captain to most of you. A captain should lead by example, not with his mouth. Jags will probably be first to admit that he's not the best defender around, but he conducts himself with dignity and always gives his all. That's what makes our club special; dignity. It can be a detriment sometimes, and an uncelebrated strength most of the time. A big part of the reason I love this club is that the squad hasn't succumbed to the the lime light, attention seeking antics that others have. I love our integrity.