IGNORED

Phil Jagielka

Out for the Derby (unless they contest it? I'm not well up on those rules or time frames)

Can't say I'm too bothered, he has been a different player this season.

I think that might be it for jags, he's lost that dependability this season, I think if they'd scored at the end the Koeman would probably never have picked him again

It was a silly yellow the player was going nowhere McCarthy was covering anyway.

Regardless I'd sooner have Mori in the Derby anyway, he's a Derby type of player.

Who was also on a yellow and had the ref's eye, so I maybe he wouldn't have done what was necessary for the team.

I'd like to remember the build up to the card a bit better, where the hell was Baines?

• 2 weeks later...

Still a solid CB good for covering injuries and rotating every now and then. But then again so is Holgate.

Lets see where hes at in the summer, unless of course him going to Sunderlands means we get a decent deal for Kone.

There is no part of a deal that brings Kone to Everton that could be called decent. We had a lucky escape not getting him.

• 3 weeks later...

MOYES WANTS JAGIELKA

David Moyes wants to strengthen Sunderland's defence with the addition of Everton centre-back Phil Jagielka, according to the Liverpool Echo.

Moyes signed Jagielka, who is seeking talks with Ronald Koeman over his long-future, while manager at Goodison Park in 2007.

West Ham are also interested in the defender.

I would love this sale, clear more dead wood and make money off it? hell yes. plus we'd have the captain's band freed up instead of being on the bench.

But we don't need the money, we don't need space in the squad. He isn't an issue. We would only get a small transfer fee. He's a popular member of the squad. Anyone can wear the armband when he isn't playing, makes no difference.

He's fourth choice with a back three, he's third choice with a back four. Holgate has never been picked at centre half in a two.

If anyone can tell me what we would gain by selling him I'd love to hear it.

MOYES WANTS JAGIELKA

David Moyes wants to strengthen Sunderland's defence with the addition of Everton centre-back Phil Jagielka, according to the Liverpool Echo.

Moyes signed Jagielka, who is seeking talks with Ronald Koeman over his long-future, while manager at Goodison Park in 2007.

West Ham are also interested in the defender.

I would love this sale, clear more dead wood and make money off it? hell yes. plus we'd have the captain's band freed up instead of being on the bench.

Knock me down with the feather...