IGNORED

Phil Jagielka

Im surprised Moyes hasnt really pushed for him although knowing how he works i imagine it will be a TDD 11pm signing. Gibson going to Sunderland too wouldnt surspise me either, tbh im shocked Moyes didnt offer Osman some kind of contract too.

He did, Osman turned it down so I've heard. Speaking of Sunderland, they are apparently signing Lescott, Moyes has to be phoning these old players saying "We're getting the band back together"

He did, Osman turned it down so I've heard. Speaking of Sunderland, they are apparently signing Lescott, Moyes has to be phoning these old players saying "We're getting the band back together"

Surprised Osman turned it down, ha yeh he probably is. Feel sorry for him a little bit, i dont think he's in the Job that was sold to him tbh.

Surprised Osman turned it down, ha yeh he probably is. Feel sorry for him a little bit, i dont think he's in the Job that was sold to him tbh.

Didn't want to leave the north west area apparently, hence why he has turned out for a pub team near mine a few times with hibbo.

Yeah, Moyes was defo told he would have a lot more money to spend, however that amount he does have will be more than when he started at Everton. I still think United broke him, he was a half decent manager when he left us ( I say half decent because the next season Shy Talks favourite person smashed through the glass ceiling Moyes seemed to think Everton had reached,) but he was certainly still good enough for bottom half / mid table Prem teams, since he left United he hasn't been anywhere near the same level.

Edited by aaron

Didn't want to leave the north west area apparently, hence why he has turned out for a pub team near mine a few times with hibbo.

Yeah, Moyes was defo told he would have a lot more money to spend, however that amount he does have will be more than when he started at Everton. I still think United broke him, he was a half decent manager when he left us ( I say half decent because the next season Shy Talks favourite person smashed through the glass ceiling Moyes seemed to think Everton had reached,) but he was certainly still good enough for bottom half / mid table Prem teams, since he left United he hasn't been anywhere near the same level.

Different times now though, he has peanuts to spend in todays market.

I think he should have jumped at the Celtic job when it was available, few easy years in the Scottish league, win some trophies etc and play in the Champs League. His worst move was going to Spain after UTD.

I hope he keeps them up and i think Jagielka may offer some stability to Sunderlands defence, no longer good enough for us but he may be the difference between a loss and a point for them.

Different times now though, he has peanuts to spend in todays market.

I think he should have jumped at the Celtic job when it was available, few easy years in the Scottish league, win some trophies etc and play in the Champs League. His worst move was going to Spain after UTD.

I hope he keeps them up and i think Jagielka may offer some stability to Sunderlands defence, no longer good enough for us but he may be the difference between a loss and a point for them.

this for me. he ruined his career and reputation at Valencia, they were terrible and had some quality players. he should have never went there.

I feel very bad for him. Koeman basically told the press that he's leaving, which will have completely demoralized Jagielka. If he doesn't leave, he's going to believe (and play as if) he's surplus to requirements. That's no way to motivate a player.

he is surplus to requirements he sits on the bench and Holgate a 20 year old is chosen over him.

this for me. he ruined his career and reputation at Valencia, they were terrible and had some quality players. he should have never went there.

It was Real Sociedad, which made his decision to go even more strange for me.

Anyway im sure a Jags/Moyes reunion would suit both parties at this point.

It was Real Sociedad, which made his decision to go even more strange for me.

Anyway im sure a Jags/Moyes reunion would suit both parties at this point.

yes sociedad my bad! Neville went to Valencia and tanked as well. He should have never went there, should have gone to Villa or Sunderland earlier. Oh well he's got more money than either of us will ever earn.

I feel very bad for him. Koeman basically told the press that he's leaving, which will have completely demoralized Jagielka. If he doesn't leave, he's going to believe (and play as if) he's surplus to requirements. That's no way to motivate a player.

Something Koeman needs to work on in my opinion, thought it could be that I just see his approaches as to "extreme"

It could work the exact opposite, Jags may see this as a challenge to show him (Koeman) he is good enough to stay, A "fuck you Koeman" if you will, its highly doubtful at 33 but I doubt Koeman would purposely destroy the captain of the clubs confidence, I see it more of a "get your arse in gear because right now you would be surplus to requirements, prove me otherwise"

Moyes hasn't been very creative in his signings, but I think he's been given a tough hand. Sunderland are saddled with debt (unsure if its external, interest bearing debt or debt to Ellis Short) and Ellis Short is now trying to sell the club, so they aren't going to splash the cash. Had this been 3-4 years ago, he'd been given plenty of money for transfers like previous Sunderland managers, most of whom have squandered a lot of the money.

Sunderland is a strange one. Everyone associated with the club describes a dysfunctional culture within the club that has almost come to expect struggling.

Koeman said that he will talk to any player that's not playing and discuss what's best for the future when asked about Jagielka. This seems very fair to me. I don't think Koeman will entertain this until we have a replacement anyway.

Moyes hasn't been very creative in his signings, but I think he's been given a tough hand. Sunderland are saddled with debt (unsure if its external, interest bearing debt or debt to Ellis Short) and Ellis Short is now trying to sell the club, so they aren't going to splash the cash. Had this been 3-4 years ago, he'd been given plenty of money for transfers like previous Sunderland managers, most of whom have squandered a lot of the money.

Sunderland is a strange one. Everyone associated with the club describes a dysfunctional culture within the club that has almost come to expect struggling.

I think they spent around £30mil in the summer but no-one they have brought in has been any good, bar the loans. I am a bit surprised that they let Giacherinni go on loan as well.

I'm surprised they haven't tried loaning more players.

So Williams is currently leading the three man back line, if he was to get injured or suspended who steps in to lead the back line?

Jagielka isn't going anywhere, unless something pretty amazing happens.

Exactly.

I'd say Keane and van Dijk are the things that Koeman wants to happen but don't think either will be available until the summer.

Edited by c1982

Koeman said that he will talk to any player that's not playing and discuss what's best for the future when asked about Jagielka. This seems very fair to me. I don't think Koeman will entertain this until we have a replacement anyway.

It was more than that. He specifically stated that Jagielka and Deulofeu will likely be leaving. A stupid thing to say, in my opinion, because it demoralizes the player and reduces any potential transfer fee.

It was more than that. He specifically stated that Jagielka and Deulofeu will likely be leaving. A stupid thing to say, in my opinion, because it demoralizes the player and reduces any potential transfer fee.

He's 34, and hasn't played that great this season, and won nothing (before people reference Fonte's fee, he won the Euros in the summer) so you cant be expecting a big price for him.

If he still has the hunger to be a first name on the sheet and is up for the challenge of a move - and we only want him as a backup then maybe its the right thing to do.

Been a brilliant servant.

But we need to ensure we have someone younger as a replacement

Williams

Holgate

Mori

not enough....