IGNORED

Phil Jagielka

The game should be played with no offsides, it's eleven against eleven and if the attacker wants to spend his time standing in the six yard box it's up to the opponent's to have a player fall back to mark him. Would make for a much more open game and more enjoyable to watch.

Much more strategic, that's for sure.

I guess it's that the players defend without relying on the referee to make the call? Like clear the ball first then if the linesman flags offside or not it doesn't matter. Just a guess anyway.

That's it precisely.

How many times do you see professional footballers lose two steps because they expected offside.

Coleman has saves our ass so many times due to jags and Stones being behind a step.

The game should be played with no offsides, it's eleven against eleven and if the attacker wants to spend his time standing in the six yard box it's up to the opponent's to have a player fall back to mark him. Would make for a much more open game and more enjoyable to watch.

just looked it up and it seems offsides has always been a part of the game dating back to the late 1800's. so i guess we just have to learn to live with it.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still think 3 central defenders Jags on the right Williams mid and Mori on the left with Coleman and Oviedo I know people won't agree with Oviedo over Baines but in that formation Oviedo would create more going forward with his willingness to take defenders on

Baines is the most creative defender in the premier league ever, there is no way on earth he would create less than oviedo.

Minus the two penalties I thought he was solid. Weird sentence I know, but he was very rash a couple of times. He still did a great job taking away those two mistakes he made and didn't see him make many more.

Agree. Had a very good game apart from the two penalties. The first one was unlucky as he didn't know too much about it. The second was very rash. Him and Williams are still our best two CBs.