IGNORED

Phil Jagielka

You can see the look of defeat on his face. It wasn't even a penalty on Saturday but he had resigned himself to it. I remember the last days of Gary Neville being similar where he just couldn't stop gifting goals/penalties/fouls.

It wouldn't hurt to give Mori a run.

I dont think I've ever seen him contest a penalty. No bite about him, never has been.

Not many in our squad have that bite. Williams is vocal, as is Coleman, but nobody wants to snap a player or get in the referees face. Its not always the best thing to do, but sometimes its necessary in football in order to get the team going (Phil Neville vs Ronaldo).

I dont think I've ever seen him contest a penalty. No bite about him, never has been.

Not many in our squad have that bite. Williams is vocal, as is Coleman, but nobody wants to snap a player or get in the referees face. Its not always the best thing to do, but sometimes its necessary in football in order to get the team going (Phil Neville vs Ronaldo).

Zero point in contesting a pen, once it's given it's given. Neville tackle on Ronaldo was a thing of beauty without a doubt but you can't compare the situations.

I'm feeling a bit gutted for Jags, I felt he had a decent game for England against Spain last week, okay it was a friendly, but we are talking Spain and not Swansea.

I think he is being unfairly singled out when in the last two games the whole defence has struggled due mainly to what's happening in front of them.

In my opinion he still has a lot to offer in a organised team as he proved for England.

Zero point in contesting a pen, once it's given it's given. Neville tackle on Ronaldo was a thing of beauty without a doubt but you can't compare the situations.

Zero point in claiming one, zero point in contesting a card or a foul? Its all about getting in the refs head!

If jags would have gone mental about the first one against City, the second may not have been given.

Edited by AidanLewis

I must say "the squeaky wheel gets all the oil".... put John Terry or Jags in the same scenario - they have left their leg out and caught the player who is likely to get off and why? Terry.... the ref knows he will go berserk and make it a talking point - unless he is brave he will try and avert the reaction. Human nature.

We don't get points for dignity,

I must say "the squeaky wheel gets all the oil".... put John Terry or Jags in the same scenario - they have left their leg out and caught the player who is likely to get off and why? Terry.... the ref knows he will go berserk and make it a talking point - unless he is brave he will try and avert the reaction. Human nature.

We don't get points for dignity,

Never understood why people call it brave of a ref to give a decision..it's called competence not bravery

I have only just read this. That last paragraph is exactly what we are seeing. The team isn't pressing properly, the defense is dropping deeper and they have more space to play in. Koeman can clearly see it but is having problems getting his team to do what he wants them too.

• 2 weeks later...