IGNORED

Tom Cleverley

Naismith was the best squad player we've ever had. He turned up for big games and left everything on the pitch. Where he lacked in technical ability he more than made up for in other areas such as the ability to be in the right place at the right time his one in one finishing is up there with the best I've seen at Everton. He was a hardworker and somewhat under valued by most Evertonians.

I get what you're saying though we really do need to move on from mediocre players like Cleverley and McCarthy. Looks like that's happening.

Yep and players like Naismith deserve respect, not dismissing. The lad is as honest a player you will get.

Naismith was the best squad player we've ever had. He turned up for big games and left everything on the pitch. Where he lacked in technical ability he more than made up for in other areas such as the ability to be in the right place at the right time his one in one finishing is up there with the best I've seen at Everton. He was a hardworker and somewhat under valued by most Evertonians.

I get what you're saying though we really do need to move on from mediocre players like Cleverley and McCarthy. Looks like that's happening.

bingo

Naismith in a T!

Not many players leave it all on the pitch these days.

Anyone who calls Naismith 'utter dross' is clueless about fooball.

I don't get the love in for a blokethat scored 1 in 6 games for us and was more often than not the oppositions best defensive midfielder. He breaks up more attacks than Gueye.

Edited by Eric

I don't get the love in for a blokethat scored 1 in 6 games for us and was more often than not the oppositions best defensive midfielder. He breaks up more attacks than Gueye.

Can I ask how old you are Eric?

in fact forget it....

lets just say this - goals per minutes played as a striker or false 9 - Naismith had a very good return. He gave us much more than goals too, he allowed the team to get higher up the pitch as he would press the defence, his work rate was exemp..... ah forget it.... cant be bothered.

Edited by Hafnia

Naismith was an utterly grim footballer. Good to see him being a complete non entity for Norwich in the championship.

He was mismanaged by Moyes (on the right wing as usual) and ace'd the spl before that in the centre. Was moved to the centre again under RM and was vastly better.

Work horse, good finisher, a team player, great off the ball play and always showed up in the big games when others didnt.

If your opinion of naisy is that he isn't a PL player then my opion of you is that you dont really understand what a PL player is.

Edited by AidanLewis

Not sure how anyone can call these two players "utter dross". They may not be superstars, but they work hard and definitely make a difference. Players like this add real depth to the squad. Both are experienced and very capable of stepping in when needed. It's tough to get through the holiday schedule, in particular, without squad depth. Cleverley, in particular, is very versatile. Naismith, on his day, could be a real hero.

Steve hes just short sighted and doesnt understand that a club cant have 22 key players.

You need fringe players in a squad, no matter what squad that is. Look at the best teams in the world, I'd say only Juve have 22 or so first team players in their squad.

Steve hes just short sighted and doesnt understand that a club cant have 22 key players.

You need fringe players in a squad, no matter what squad that is. Look at the best teams in the world, I'd say only Juve have 22 or so first team players in their squad.

i would second that. I looked the other day when they played Sevilla and their bench is incredibly strong.

The problem with Cleverly is that he doesn't really have a "best" position. He isn't good enough physically or defensively to be a DM / CM. He doesn't have the ability to play as an AM in congested areas and he isn't a natural wide player.

His only position is in the Pienaar type role, tucking in from a wide position to help play build whilst also tracking back to help out the FB. He would actually be a great signing for Sunderland with Van Aanholt bombing past him.

The problem with Cleverly is that he doesn't really have a "best" position. He isn't good enough physically or defensively to be a DM / CM. He doesn't have the ability to play as an AM in congested areas and he isn't a natural wide player.

His only position is in the Pienaar type role, tucking in from a wide position to help play build whilst also tracking back to help out the FB. He would actually be a great signing for Sunderland with Van Aanholt bombing past him.

Never in a million years a wide player. The problem with him is that's he's not good enough to play in our side. He'd be great in the Championship.

Personally I like Cleverley, he is an all rounder and a good squad player, when he has come in for the most part he has done a job for us, except when he is played on the wing. He has good passing, is dynamic and has good feet. Reminds me of Osman.

A good all rounder, or just not that good at anything in particular?

Your right about Cleverley and he would make it into most teams in this league but when you look at our bench now that could be said of them all.

Sometimes a teams bench speaks volumes for its success I've been following this club since 66 and bar the 80's this is the most positive I've felt for years that were in a great place on and off the field.

So when players of Clevereys ability are sat on the bench I'm happy.