IGNORED

Aaron Lennon

I reckon that fee will come down when he's still on their books in a month. If Stoke or Palace or West Ham or another midtable/lower side don't come in for him, I reckon we'll be able to get him on loan or on the cheap if we pick up his wages as the deadline approaches. If not then, certainly in January.

Yeah, Everton can wait for Lennon. He's not going to feature at Spurs anymore so unless one of the other midtable teams are desperate for a player like him they basically have a player in their hands whose value will drop like a rock in six months time.

I reckon that fee will come down when he's still on their books in a month. If Stoke or Palace or West Ham or another midtable/lower side don't come in for him, I reckon we'll be able to get him on loan or on the cheap if we pick up his wages as the deadline approaches. If not then, certainly in January.

We cannot afford to wait until Jan. With Gerry and Mirallas injury prone there is no way I can tolerate 5 months of trying Naismith, Barkley or Ossie out wide. Even Kone like the last game.

We need players now or our season will be worse than the last one.

We cannot afford to wait until Jan. With Gerry and Mirallas injury prone there is no way I can tolerate 5 months of trying Naismith, Barkley or Ossie out wide. Even Kone like the last game.

We need players now or our season will be worse than the last one.

exactly. how skint are we that we're waiting till january to get a player that's in the last year of their contract? bargain bin everton

Even if somebody else comes in and is willing to pay their asking price, it's still up to Lennon to agree to the move. If he's got his mind made up about coming here, then Spurs will have to let him sit, collect a paycheck and be a morose motherfucker, or they'll have to negotiate with us.

I'm happy to see us being classy about this, if we are trying to buy him, anyhow. We aren't putting shit in the press, even with him clearly wanted out and wanting out.

Let's play money ball! At £9 mil and on £2.5 mil a year, with probs 3 peak years left in him. Works out at about £4 million a year and we'd probs generate that from having him in the team. That said I'd expect to find someone younger who would offer better value.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, at that price a good addition. At least if our budget is more than that...

£5m is peanuts. He was highly utilised and respected under sherwood - as I posted a while back it was sherwood who pointed out how effective he is for the team - and he was right. The lad is an energiser, for £5m he is a steal, a great option for certain games and at certain periods of a game.

Full price he is £12m+

I'd love him back here. He's not exciting and flashy as wingers usually are, but he is an absolute menace, hard working and both those things are infectious. His impact last season is incredibly underestimated by some.

For 5m, we should be there with fireworks.

£5m is peanuts. He was highly utilised and respected under sherwood - as I posted a while back it was sherwood who pointed out how effective he is for the team - and he was right. The lad is an energiser, for £5m he is a steal, a great option for certain games and at certain periods of a game.

Full price he is £12m+

Yeah, I agree. We just need a CB, CAM and CF more than a winger. Plus we have already signed a right winger, albeit a totally different one.

That's what we need. I can live with McGeady being a fourth option too.

Though I'm still convinced we'll be seeing Cleverley playing in the wide left position.

I think a team like urs who play with 2 wingers need 4 to get through a season. I also don't have an issue having Mcgeady as our fourth choice.

That's what we need. I can live with McGeady being a fourth option too.

Though I'm still convinced we'll be seeing Cleverley playing in the wide left position.

I think TC will act very similarly to Pienaar. Not a winger, but a link up player who will get the best out of Baines and Lukaku.

Because we have none, if we did we would.

which, as I've mentioned before, is suicide.

Lennon is not the normal winger. He is an out and out pace machine but on top of that he never stops working and enables our attacking FBs. Not a sexy winger by any means, but an absolutely essential type of player for our squad. Attitude and character can be just as important as ability sometimes.