IGNORED

Ramiro Funes Mori

It's all about pace now and not one of our regular centre backs has any. That's why we get turned over every week. We can't hold a high line because a simple ball over the top will see a striker running down on goal unchallenged as our defenders are all huffing and puffing behind.

So we sit deep and invite more and more pressure until someone makes a mistake and loses their man or misses a header and then they score.

Funes Mori isn't good enough, neither are Williams or Jagielka. For a 25 yr old who is "in his prime" he moves like a tug boat. I don't question his passion or the effort he puts in but it isn't enough.

To do well in the Premier League you don't need ball playing centre backs, that's bollocks, you need 2 powerful centre backs who can stand on the half way line and play the offside trap, then when the inevitable hoofball goes over they have the pace and strength to run it down and put it back into play.

It's not difficult to understand.

Huth and Morgan aren't exactly speed demons. Alderwierald and Vertonghan are classy ball playing centre halves.

You need a partnership/unit that works together - there's no set mold. It clearly goes beyond the CB partnership too - the keeper, organised full-backs, disciplined central midfielders.

I think Williams was busy carrying Jags. He's been our best defender so far, rarely had a bad game.

Mori can learn a lot from Koeman, he's got the attributes to be a top player but needs the right coaching.

agreed. also Williams can teach him things Jags couldn't which will improve his game as well. I think Jags is done. TIme to give the captain's band to someone else.

I think Williams was busy carrying Jags. He's been our best defender so far, rarely had a bad game.

Mori can learn a lot from Koeman, he's got the attributes to be a top player but needs the right coaching.

I agree with you, but I'm not sure if Koeman thinks there's a future here for Mori, I'd hope he does and is prepared to work on him he's a good prospect, it would be gutting if he left and turned out to be a good player some where else.

I said this last season. He gives the ball away at an alarming rate.

Your right he does but he's good in the tackle good in the air reasonable pace with age on his side, he needs help with the giving away of the ball cheaply and if they can get that aspect out of his game don't you think he could be a good prospect.

Your right he does but he's good in the tackle good in the air reasonable pace with age on his side, he needs help with the giving away of the ball cheaply and if they can get that aspect out of his game don't you think he could be a good prospect.

I've never said we should get rid, but he does give the ball away a lot. He defends well but his distribution is very poor.

Williams 81% pass completion

Jags 80% pass completion

Mori 79% pass completion

Fuck all in it.

That is surprising, think the problem is that Mori's standout more when he's hitting these long balls and sliced clearances, sharpen that side of his game up and he has massive potential.

People see is hoofing as giving the ball away! Sometimes it's best to just get the fuck rid. I do agree however that sometimes he just twats it anywhere so it makes him look shite. He's actually an extremely good player though.

Look at the results with Williams and Mori as partners. Much much better than either with Jagielka.

Jagielka gets the chance to finish off here for me, similar to Osman and Hibbert, hes a great pro, made it back from a usually career ending injury, Captained a once notable international side, never pushed for a move or been a disruption (or even advised a youth player to move on) so for his experience and professionalism, he gets to bow out slowly and be a regular at the club should he want it, if that eventually means coach or ambassador then fine, hes been a great player, isn't finished, and is a great example that even having to move on doesn't mean moving backis impossible and can make a massive success atthe same time.

Too many fans happy to catapult players that have given us everything, when theres waste and wasters galore to focus ire upon.

William and Funes Mori have to be our choice pairing going forward.

That being said, knowing a player like Jags is coming off the bench waiting for them to slip up and the his spot back should be enough to continually push Mori to get rid of those things in this game that leave our hearts in our mouths.

Agree with Shy, Jags has been an absolute pro, surely when things hit the skids the last few years he could have chased money and European football but didn't. While he still has something to offer he will be great as a back up and mentor, especially if we get a Keane or Van Dijk.