IGNORED

Bernard

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

So who drops out?

Nobody we just switch players Bernard is not a winger, Charlison is not a man to play in the centre its just not working.  We can play without a centre forward as we are now, all our players are capable of putting the ball in the net, given the chance.

Some of the best midfielders have been on the small side so that doesn't go against him.

On 03/12/2018 at 08:15, Matt said:

I’ve said it before, but he doesn’t need to be physically strong to get the better of others in that position. 

Most people are stuck in the 90s. Midfield isn’t the crunching playground it used to be.

You get hit much harder rubbish down a line than you will ever get hit in the middle. Wingers are in a shoulder to shoulder battle for most the match. You need to be strong. This is why Bernard struggles taking in the last man.

Players in the middle need sublime control and great vision. Bernard would be great in the middle.

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Most people are stuck in the 90s. Midfield isn’t the crunching playground it used to be.

You get hit much harder rubbish down a line than you will ever get hit in the middle. Wingers are in a shoulder to shoulder battle for most the match. You need to be strong. This is why Bernard struggles taking in the last man.

Players in the middle need sublime control and great vision. Bernard would be great in the middle.

Balance and quick feet will beat any strength in any outfield position. I think Bernard would be better more centrally, but he can do the Pienaar role just as wel, especially with Digne overlapping 

On 05/12/2018 at 10:12, Shukes said:

Its not about being hit. Its the battles and he loses them against full backs and wingers when he has far more space. In the middle he has less space against stronger and more combative players. He will have an advantage in that they are likely to be less agile but as soon as they lean on him he will struggle. 

The other reason I have a doubt about him playing Siggys role is because Siggy plays very advanced. Siggy gets into loads of battles with CBs, like Richie does too, and if thats how Silva wants to play then I dont see how it will work with Bernard. Lots of people are suggesting Richie doesnt have the strength to do that and if he doesnt then Bernard has no chance! 

There are plenty of players in the league that prove that talent and attitude can over come size or pace limitations. Bernard is very weak, well below that of similar small lads, but he is less than 6 months in so I would expect him to adapt over time.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

tied for the team lead with 3 assists (with gylfi).  for a guy that didn't play much to begin with that shows to me he has the ability to create and the vision to pick a pass.  seems like he really is becoming the pienaar type player on the left.

Had a great game but dont forget that the Digne goal counts as an assist. Got to take those assists with a pinch of salt!

His cross was boss though - didn't realise his weaker foot was so... well.. strong.

On 23/12/2018 at 05:29, Paddock said:

He’s gonna be boss next season. I’m not taking anything into account until next season once he’s had a full one with us and a full pre season. He’s gonna be magic. Remember this post.

Where does he fit in if we sign a striker?

I can't see him staking a claim to Sigurdsson's or Richarlison's spot.

It's a confusing one, but I have every bit of confidence that Silva and Brands have a plan.

9 hours ago, hafnia said:

He's very very good. I'd play him on the right instead of Walcott. Never doubted him... proper footballer. 

Watch the match again all his best play was picking the ball up in the middle of the park and running at the heart of their defence, why after seeing that would you then want to stick him out wide on the right I know why your looking for any angle to get Walcott out.

There's only one person on here who I have seen say that he would be better in the middle and that was Bill fair play mate great shout we've all seen that now well nearly all.

For me he needs to start in the middle next to Gomes but being the advanced of the two.

9 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

If you believe in the power of stats which I'll be honest I don't but I know most on here do, then there's the replacement for Gana he did everything you all rate Gana for tackles and recoveries then he did everything else Gana can't which is why I don't rate Gana, it's a no brainer really Gana needs to go PSG and we will be better for it the evidence was for all to see today.