IGNORED

Bernard

11 hours ago, Aidan said:

Had a great game but dont forget that the Digne goal counts as an assist. Got to take those assists with a pinch of salt!

His cross was boss though - didn't realise his weaker foot was so... well.. strong.

Seeing as he had a perfectly good assist taken from against Leicester, I don't see the problem.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Watch the match again all his best play was picking the ball up in the middle of the park and running at the heart of their defence, why after seeing that would you then want to stick him out wide on the right I know why your looking for any angle to get Walcott out.

There's only one person on here who I have seen say that he would be better in the middle and that was Bill fair play mate great shout we've all seen that now well nearly all.

For me he needs to start in the middle next to Gomes but being the advanced of the two.

Cos he's left footed.... cos on the right he gets to cut into the middle. It's not hard Palf... come on.  And yeah Walcott is the weak link out of our front 4 so he's the fall guy. 

8 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Cos he's left footed.... cos on the right he gets to cut into the middle. It's not hard Palf... come on.  And yeah Walcott is the weak link out of our front 4 so he's the fall guy. 

Again when he got the ball in the central position he was at his most dangerous didn’t you that, you need to revisit the game Haf and you will see, but stick him out on the right where his biggest concern will be covering Coleman’s arse that makes perfect sense if you ever wanted to nullify one of our better attacking assets stick him out on the right I’m sure every opposing manager would be happy with that. 

2 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Again when he got the ball in the central position he was at his most dangerous didn’t you that, you need to revisit the game Haf and you will see, but stick him out on the right where his biggest concern will be covering Coleman’s arse that makes perfect sense if you ever wanted to nullify one of our better attacking assets stick him out on the right I’m sure every opposing manager would be happy with that. 

Doesn't that happen with Theo?

24 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Play him out wide on the opposite side and he can cut in and bring play from the wide areas - siggy can move out wide in this instance or offer him a give and go.  It moves the defences around.  

22 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Doesn't that happen with Theo?

It does Wiggytop but he gets on with it and you can see in his game he’s for ever mind full of his defensive role of helping Coleman out cause god knows he needs it at the moment, why saddle a good player maker with that responsibility, it didn’t do Lookman any favours and it certainly won’t do Bernard any, Walcott copes with it because of his experience and maturity. 

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Play him out wide on the opposite side and he can cut in and bring play from the wide areas - siggy can move out wide in this instance or offer him a give and go.  It moves the defences around.  

But that still leaves us without the midfield player in the middle who can run at the oppositions defence, Gomes doesn’t do Gana couldn’t do it and Gylfi doesn’t do it yesterday Bernard looked magnificent doing it. 

9 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Forgot to also mention we have wide men who cut in on both flanks , we haven’t got anyone who picks the ball up in the middle and runs at them with pace and good control we have now. 

20 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I'm all for Bernie playing central... at the expense of Siggy? No.

if we went 433 we could do a Barca style midfield like

Pickford

Coleman Keane Mina Digne

Gomes

Gylfi          Bernard

Walcott          DCL         Richarlison

but that puts a lot of pressure on gomes to be the single pivot, i'm not sure defensively he's got what it takes.

Just now, markjazzbassist said:

Pickford

Coleman Keane Mina Digne

Gomes

Gylfi          Bernard

but that puts a lot of pressure on gomes to be the single pivot, i'm not sure defensively he's got what it takes.

No. We would get mullered.  Then again.... who knows. 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Pickford

Coleman Keane Mina Digne

Gomes

Gylfi          Bernard

Fuck it I like that team let’s ave it 

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

Pickford

Coleman Keane Mina Digne

Gomes

Gylfi          Bernard

That would work Gomes wouldn't be on his own Bernard has a great engine on him he could play box to box all day.

23 hours ago, hafnia said:

Bernard is right footed? Or are you talking about someone else? 

I agree with everything else you have put in the thread though. 

Playing Bernard as a box to box is something I never thought I would hear based on one game where we were ahead early and could play on the counter all game and in more space than we would normally get.

There are moments when having Bernard central will be a benefits but I would never play him anything deeper than a number 10 and I wouldnt do that often at this stage of his time here based on all of his other performances.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Playing Bernard as a box to box is something I never thought I would hear based on one game where we were ahead early and could play on the counter all game and in more space than we would normally get.

It sounds like a kid trying to fit all of his favourite players into a team on fifa 😂

54 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Bernard is right footed? Or are you talking about someone else? 

I agree with everything else you have put in the thread though. 

There are moments when having Bernard central will be a benefits but I would never play him anything deeper than a number 10 and I wouldnt do that often at this stage of his time here based on all of his other performances.

We need something different we need someone who can orchestrate the play between Gomes and Gylfi someone who can play football and be creative with the ability to run at players from a central position, at first I was very sceptical due to his size thinking he would be bullied off the ball, but against Burnley he was winning tackles and intercepting balls and his ability was taking him past players with ease.

Man City are missing Fernandinho without doubt even though they are having the lions share of possession they are still losing is that because they miss their ball winner or because they miss their orchestrater the most because he plays both roles equally well for them, and given the chance maybe Bernard could do the same for us with even more impact. 

Got to be the transfer of the season on a free, he is right footed you can tell that by how he missed his golden chance to score that breakaway, opened his body to hit it right footed which allowed the defender to tackle when the left foot would have not allowed the defender to see the ball and would probably scored.

I,m still not happy about him playing on the wing, but he has to play somewhere cos he's a very good footballer with bags of energy, we need some more like him, preferably Strikers.

10 hours ago, Palfy said:

We need something different we need someone who can orchestrate the play between Gomes and Gylfi someone who can play football and be creative with the ability to run at players from a central position, at first I was very sceptical due to his size thinking he would be bullied off the ball, but against Burnley he was winning tackles and intercepting balls and his ability was taking him past players with ease.

Man City are missing Fernandinho without doubt even though they are having the lions share of possession they are still losing is that because they miss their ball winner or because they miss their orchestrater the most because he plays both roles equally well for them, and given the chance maybe Bernard could do the same for us with even more impact. 

If you play Gomes and Gylfi you dont need someone else also trying to 'orchestrate' and be 'creative'. With them two you need some steel and not another fancy dan. Im really not sure how you can compare Bernard and Fernandinho. Just becauee Bernard won some tackles and made some interceptions doesnt make him a player like Fernandinho. You normally want him dropped because he doesnt track back as much as Walcott and now you want him playing as the ball winning midfielder breaking up and starting attacks.

Part of me thinks you might be on the wind up and im biting! 😂

2 minutes ago, Bailey said:

If you play Gomes and Gylfi you dont need someone else also trying to 'orchestrate' and be 'creative'. With them two you need some steel and not another fancy dan. Im really not sure how you can compare Bernard and Fernandinho. Just becauee Bernard won some tackles and made some interceptions doesnt make him a player like Fernandinho. You normally want him dropped because he doesnt track back as much as Walcott and now you want him playing as the ball winning midfielder breaking up and starting attacks.

Part of me thinks you might be on the wind up and im biting! 😂

I was over playing it a bit or maybe a lot probably but he’s got a lot better as the games have gone by, and seeing his performance against Burnley showed he can perform in the midfield with great effect, I know you said it’s only Burnley but I think if you have his ability to run at people with the ball you have that in your armoury no matter who your playing, but how to accommodate him there is difficult especially when I wouldn’t want to see Gylfi dropped, and putting him in a wide position is letting the opposition off the hook a bit it’s harder to deal with someone running at you in a central position than out wide. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think we have a problem trying to fit them all in.

Bernard is probably best on the left and so is Richarlison. Lookman and Walcott are best on the right. Siggy in the middle means the others wont. We can squeeze enough of them in if Richarlison plays up front but I am not sure he likes it there.

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Can’t believe his threads way back here- this lad is fucking boss andcwill be a suoer star for us next season, I know his finishing isn’t the best but his vision and clever little balls are on another level, his work rate is fantastic- he’s up and down the flank like a little terrior, I absolutely love him- He hadn’t kicked a ball since March cane to a new country and league , new language- everything and he has showed flashes of brilliance whilst bedding in. This lad is on another level vision, creatively, direct running, bamboozling defenders- he’s fucking boss.

He's like a prime Pienaar on speed.  Amazing feet, great attitude, a good pre season behind him and you could be looking at a serious player....

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

He's like a prime Pienaar on speed.  Amazing feet, great attitude, a good pre season behind him and you could be looking at a serious player....

He is on another level Haf- he’ll be used to the league next year, fitter stronger and wiser. Different player I know but he reminds me of Beardsley- strange comparison but he really does.

52 minutes ago, Paddock said:

He is on another level Haf- he’ll be used to the league next year, fitter stronger and wiser. Different player I know but he reminds me of Beardsley- strange comparison but he really does.

Yeah I can see that. Has the ball glued to his little feet and looks like he could go any direction or pass a defence splitting ball in the blink of an eye..... no backlift very clever player.