IGNORED

Transfer deadline day - 1 place 4 all Everton related rumours today

It is what it is. Different views, different expectations, different ways of expressing frustration.

And there's no problem with people venting anger, frustration, dissapointment etc. Just don't expect your view to be accepted while dismissing others who view it differently. It's a 2 way street.

That central midfield does not trump McCarthy, Cleverley, Barry, Besic, Barkley, Osman.

Really? We had Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini, Rodwell, Osman and Castillo. Arteta scored 7, Fellaini 9, Cahill 9, Osman 7 and Rodwell and Castillo 1 goal each. That's 34 goals. Never mind the fact we don't have as good a passer in the team now as Arteta was, or no-one with the same attitude as Cahill.

Really? We had Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini, Rodwell, Osman and Castillo. Arteta scored 7, Fellaini 9, Cahill 9, Osman 7 and Rodwell and Castillo 1 goal each. That's 34 goals. Never mind the fact we don't have as good a passer in the team now as Arteta was, or no-one with the same attitude as Cahill.

I'd cast Naismith as a similar player attitude wise, just not ability.

We really are missing an Arteta though. Other than that I think we're better than the line up than you mentioned.

Naismith is nowhere near as good as Cahill, not even attitude wise. But the biggest difference was that that midfield scored loads of goals. How many will McCarthy and Barry get? Or Besic? Osman won't score the same number he did that season. The current crop won't probably score half the goals.

Naismith is nowhere near as good as Cahill, not even attitude wise. But the biggest difference was that that midfield scored loads of goals. How many will McCarthy and Barry get? Or Besic? Osman won't score the same number he did that season. The current crop won't probably score half the goals.

Personally think they're very similar but there is a massive difference talent wise.

Can't argue with the rest really, but I would say that I expect McCarthy and Barry to prevent more goals rather than score compared to Felli, Rodwell, etc.

Well, the team conceded 37 goals in 2008-09. Last year it conceded 50 and the season before 39.

And I have to say that personally I'm not very convinced about their abilities. Way too often opponents are allowed to run through our midfield. Barry is just too slow and has the turning circle of an oil rig. Opponents also get quite easily into shooting positions near the edge of the penalty area.

Well, the team conceded 37 goals in 2008-09. Last year it conceded 50 and the season before 39.

And I have to say that personally I'm not very convinced about their abilities. Way too often opponents are allowed to run through our midfield. Barry is just too slow and has the turning circle of an oil rig. Opponents also get quite easily into shooting positions near the edge of the penalty area.

Last season was a serious cockup, mostly from the manager in my eyes. The season before was a "gel season" and they did exceptionally well, only 2 goal difference.

Naismith is cut from the same cloth as Cahill in terms pod desire. Both brave, both fight for the team. Unfair on naismith there, if Rom had naismiths attitude I think we would have a real player on our hands.

Naismith cajoles his team mates more than TC IMO.

I can only assume it was because it was so late and we wouldn't have been able to replace him.

I assume this is the case too, but I don't think his presence in the dressing room is easily replaced either. The way he looked after Stones for example, if John needs some support after the whole ideal, how invaluable is that?

I assume this is the case too, but I don't think his presence in the dressing room is easily replaced either. The way he looked after Stones for example, if John needs some support after the whole ideal, how invaluable is that?

No doubt he's good to have in the dressing room and I'm a big fan of him (when used right) but £8m for him? You take that all day long if you can get someone mad enough to bid it.

No doubt he's good to have in the dressing room and I'm a big fan of him (when used right) but £8m for him? You take that all day long if you can get someone mad enough to bid it.

Again, that was my initial reaction, but if it helps get the best out of players like Stones, then for me it was the right decision.

All just speculation mind!

exactly and as far as replacing him we got leandro for striker and for a central player being played out of position on the wing we can throw ossie on the bench or connor mac. we have a big enough squad now where we have decent players who don't even make the bench (osman).

McCarthy has not started well this season but has the potential to be the best midfielder that we have had in PL history.

I love Cahill and what he ment to the team but comparing him to todays midfield is unfair. Different setup.

Arteta was great.

Neither Osman or Fellaini had reached their potential that season. They both peaked later

McCarthy has not started well this season but has the potential to be the best midfielder that we have had in PL history.

I love Cahill and what he ment to the team but comparing him to todays midfield is unfair. Different setup.

Arteta was great.

Neither Osman or Fellaini had reached their potential that season. They both peaked later

?