IGNORED

Transfer deadline day - 1 place 4 all Everton related rumours today

Think about it tho and let it sink in. We have spent 20mil on players if Lennon comes. At the same time we have passed up offers for Stones, Coleman and Naismith worth more than 70mil!!! Thats showing some serious intent. I cant believe ppl want us to sell Naismith. What a pro he is. Does not matter if he is on the bench most of the time. He always enters the pitch to fight for a starting place.

We got a new striker, he will be a back up for Lukaku and Kone (who has surprised us this season so far) perhaps RM feels the same way? Kone is showing us why we bought him so a new striker might not be first priority.

Number 10 then? Sure i would have loved it if we got one in but if we get Lennon we will have Barkley, Gerry and Mirallas. All 3 very capable of playing as a nr 10.

We got Mori, an argentinian international (1 cap is better than 0)

And we got a couple of players that are on growth.

All in all its a better window than most seem to think.

Or maybe im drunk...

Your Drunk

Think about it tho and let it sink in. We have spent 20mil on players if Lennon comes. At the same time we have passed up offers for Stones, Coleman and Naismith worth more than 70mil!!! Thats showing some serious intent. I cant believe ppl want us to sell Naismith. What a pro he is. Does not matter if he is on the bench most of the time. He always enters the pitch to fight for a starting place.

We got a new striker, he will be a back up for Lukaku and Kone (who has surprised us this season so far) perhaps RM feels the same way? Kone is showing us why we bought him so a new striker might not be first priority.

Number 10 then? Sure i would have loved it if we got one in but if we get Lennon we will have Barkley, Gerry and Mirallas. All 3 very capable of playing as a nr 10.

We got Mori, an argentinian international (1 cap is better than 0)

And we got a couple of players that are on growth.

All in all its a better window than most seem to think.

Or maybe im drunk...

Step away from the booze.

BREAKING NEWS

Sky Sources: Emmanuel Adebayor and Tottenham fail to agree deal that would allow player to leave the club.

West Ham were thought to be waiting in the wings to sign the Togolese striker, who has a year left on his Spurs deal...

Is that a sign the lemon is coming our way? I meant Lennon...

A quick reminder that clubs can still complete their transfer dealings until 8pm this evening, even though the deadline has passed.

Between 4pm and 6pm clubs had to submit a Premier League deal sheet showing evidence of an imminent transfer including the fee, signatures from club officials and players concerned.

If this was received by the Premier League by 6pm then they will grant a two-hour extension for deals to be done.

right then. I've been patient and optimistic because I've got so many more important things going on at home and work which make this farce pale into significance, and there was still a chance everything would work out.

Whilst I maintain this was a decent window (not amazing, not bad), I'm still disappointed. I'm biting my tongue at saying anything else, but theres still a decent amount of whiskey in the bottle so I may well lose my shit very soon....

I'm seeiously done with Everton after this I really am.

No, you're not crazy enough to carry out this threat, because you're too crazy. Pretty much everyone on TT is too crazy. I include myself, though in my defense, I will note that there are levels of "too crazy." Everton are a sort of Dante's "Inferno" of the EPL. Today feels like the 5th circle.

right then. I've been patient and optimistic because I've got so many more important things going on at home and work which make this farce pale into significance, and there was still a chance everything would work out.

Whilst I maintain this was a decent window (not amazing, not bad), I'm still disappointed. I'm biting my tongue at saying anything else, but theres still a decent amount of whiskey in the bottle so I may well lose my shit very soon....

I simply can't be arsed going into a rage. This same scenario has happened too often.

I'm a bit guttered here. Had we got that Marque signing this would have been our best window for a long long time. In the end we've kept our stars, added depth and reduced the overall squad age. We look like dicks for going on and on about that number 10 we need and not even coming close to getting one. Surprised we haven't arranged a sneaky London deal or something like that.

I've edited my team because I forgot Lukaku.

My point was that we have no good enough cover for No10, Rightback or Striker. Surely they were the positions we needed improving? We could have made do without a centre back or winger but that's what we have spent our money on.

It does not make sense to spend where we have..

I think the worst thing about all of this is going to be listening to my fellow supporters bitch for the rest of the season. I feel bad for those of you who can make it to Goodison, only to end up listening to moans and groans from fans who are taking their frustrations out on the players.

I'm not happy with not getting the creative player we needed but I'll not be taking my frustrations out on the players, it's not their fault.

A bit disappointed that we didn't get that magic no.10. Or a 'big' name signing. But I'm not furious at what we have brought in.

The main thing for me is that the squad ends up stronger. And it has.

If Lennon comes in (still tbc...which I find more annoying than anything else!), we have ourselves a good set of midfielders. It's then up to Martinez to fit them in.

I don't think Mori is just cover. Jags is 33 now. We need to look at filling in these positions.

We've shown we don't need to sell. That's half the battle. Money is clearly still tight.

I feel ok about it overall. A bit frustrated about a couple of things, bit curious about others...but more concerned about the mindset of Evertonians these days!!!

I'm not happy with not getting the creative player we needed but I'll not be taking my frustrations out on the players, it's not their fault.

This.

Still think we'd have pulled out of the Mori deal if we'd have had the time. Knowing our Plan A's weren't coming off, they were willing to pay the extra to shut a few people up. Is that the players' fault? No. It's the manager. The Board. The Negotiators. Not the players.

I have to smile at the extreme comments I've been reading all day. "I've had it with Everton" and the like. I'd make a few observations.

1) We brought in several good players: Deulofeu, Cleverley, Henen, Mori, Holgate, Rodriguz, maybe yet Lennon.

2) We kept some of our crown jewels: Stones, Barkley, Coleman, etc.

3) We lost only players we wanted to lose: Distin, Alcaraz, Green.

4) We managed this on a low budget, allowing the club to invest in other ways.

5) Other clubs really screwed up: Chelsea, United, WBA, for example.

6) There are a lot of unhappy players around right now, but none of them appear to be at Everton.

We're stronger as a team and stronger financially. We're also younger as a team.

So, where exactly is the bad news in all of this? Is this a case of someone wishing for the latest Playstation for Christmas when their parents thought it better to spend their money in other ways? Of course we all get excited when it's present time, but what matters is the big picture.

The only downside I see is that, behind the scenes, Chelsea's owner probably blocked our access to Yarmolenko because we wouldn't sell Stones. So be it.