IGNORED

Transfer deadline day - 1 place 4 all Everton related rumours today

Pad you've been arsed what Stoke, West Ham and Newcastle have done all window. So why would Arsenal not be relevant too?

I'm not arsed what they do Strve not in the slightest, I'm highlighting yhe fact they can sign quality players , allof them have improved their starting 11 massively yet we haven't. I'm arsed they have caught us up and are probably over taking us. Comparing Arsenal a regulat top 4 and team full of top players some world class only signing one player to a side Like West Ham signing real quality AND plenty ofsquad players?? Makes sense doesn't it.

I just explained this above. Arsenal will still make Champions League with that squad, the player he signed was world class, all those others have improved their starting 11 masively, it's a completely mute argument Steve.

We shall see. You're equating net spend with final league position.

Which reminds me that someone posted net spend of every team over the last four years and wondered how it correlates with league position over that same period. I had meant to do that just to see.

We shall see. You're equating net spend with final league position.

Which reminds me that someone posted net spend of every team over the last four years and wondered how it correlates with league position over that same period. I had meant to do that just to see.

It was on the radio the other week someone done it and league positions are about right in order of spend. We punched above our weight regularllu with Moyes we wont withMartinez.

I'm not arsed what they do Strve not in the slightest, I'm highlighting yhe fact they can sign quality players , allof them have improved their starting 11 massively yet we haven't. I'm arsed they have caught us up and are probably over taking us. Comparing Arsenal a regulat top 4 and team full of top players some world class only signing one player to a side Like West Ham signing real quality AND plenty ofsquad players?? Makes sense doesn't it.

That's been going on for a decade, Newcastle and Villa being the obvious examples (on paper/balance sheet) but have they overtaken us on the field? Have they fuck. Liverpool have spent hundreds of millions and finished behind us when we've spent diddly-squat.

I've been listening to the "probably overtaking us" record for so long now and the scratch just keeps kicking the stylus back to "probably".

As in virtually every season since Moyes took over, look at where we are in May, not Sept 1st.

See above and stop happy clapping

Oh behave you miserable old cunt. Just skimmed your posts because it's the same old shit. If you feel that bad, jump in your car and go chuck some pies at Thommos fire place shop...release the tension.

At the end of the day, we all see things differently. You can be all angry and whatever on the Internet, others are fine with what we have. I chose not to get so frustrated over something I can't control. What's the point? You chose the opposite. I get the anger, fair enough, I just don't get this attitude that those who aren't ranting everyday 'just accept mediocrity' etc. I accept reality.

By the way, the Urban Dictionary meaning of 'happy clapping' is...

A rather disturbing trend in Britain today. It involves being happy slapped by someone who has the clap, and who has recently rubbed their fishy bits with their hand.

Pete: "Cor blimey Jimmy, why ave you got a face like a dogs arse?"

Jimmy: "I just got happy clapped by a transvestite, I'm still in shock"

Pete: "Jesus, this happy clapping is getting out of control"

Peace n out.

I'm the sad little bastard who sat down with a notepad and pen the other night and worked out the last 5 years spend.

Here it is again, although will need adjusting now:

Last 5 years spend...(in millions £)

City - 473

Chelsea - 462

Utd - 413

Pool - 349

Arsenal - 254

Spurs - 254

Soton - 164

Newcastle - 136

Villa - 122

S'land - 108

W'Ham - 107

EVERTON - 92

Swansea - 80

Palace - 75

WBA - 75

Stoke - 70

Norwich - 63

Leicester - 55

Bournemouth - 25

Watford - 12

The thing is, it's been seen umpteen times that teams can bring in 'xxx' amounts of players, and get nowhere fast.

No doubt financially we are tight. But as said in other threads, we have been for almost 30 years. That's almost all my life (I'm 33). Maybe that's why I don't get so fired up about it...I've never known it any other way!!!

imo *PLENTY* of amazing talent on this club right now. We finished top 5 two years ago don't forget, and we have a stronger more experienced squad right now. I think the magic needs to happen from the captain steering the ship (you all know to whom I refer). The jury is still out on him in my mind - I wanted his head last season when we sucked all kinds of balls and ass - but I am willing to give him another chance - plus what fuckin choice do I have? We can be frustrated and have that right, but lets give this thing a chance at least. I already see more quality after 4 matches than last year at this time - plus we are ahead of those Chelsea fuckers!!! Fuck them - GO EVERTON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely, I think we are looking much better than this time last year. Maybe our expectations have dropped due to how dismal we were last year. All the better.

Everton can catch teams off guard on the road. We need to start a good home record and what better way than against Chelski on the 12th? We are still wobbley at the back due to a certain someone. Timmy is already returning to form and gaining confidence, and Stones has held firm through this nighmare of a transfer window. With Cleverly and Bainesy out for a bit I will try to treat them as new signings by the time January transfer comes around. I think Everton can hold strong with the recent signings until January. Come then, we can reasses and bring in the mystical #10 if we are still in dire straits. COYB!!!

Edited by ForEverton2

Annual post!!!

I don't think it's been the worst transfer window ever - 7.5 out of 10

Positives

- Signed two fringe England internationals in there prime at 26 & 28 years old for less than £5M - both very low risk signings and very good value for money, Cleverly could be one of the transfers of the season.

- Delboy (21) is here on a permanent contract for less than £5M, low risk as we have an idea of what he is all about and capable of - how much would you have to cough up for a similar British 21 year old talent?

- Mori - I have to assume that paying £9.5M for a centre half means we are getting a very decent player for this position (only time will tell though) . Hoping it's quality over quantity. Excellent age (24).

- three talented youngsters (Hanen - 19, Rodrigues -22 and Holgate -18), if only one of them comes off as a first team regular then a gamble worth taking.

- Not had to sell any of the family silver so to say - even though we appear to have had plenty offers and interest for a number of player.

- McCathy signed long term contract (talk of him wanting to leave and plenty of interest at beginning of transfer window)

- Mirallas signs new contract - how much to replace his talent and goal in a team, unplayable when on song. Again, strong talk of him being gone this summer or next for nothing.

- Luke Garrbut signed up on a new contract

- No 'older' Eto type make shift players signed up

- No short term cover 'Chelsea' (or any other team) reserve loans brought in

- Only player out are Distain and Alcaraz, both of which are no loss give last years performances, leaving a place for our talented young defenders to cover (some of which were blooded last year and start of this).

This transfer window has brought the average age down massively with the signings ranging (18-28 years old with an average age of 22.5) and all signings are permanent Everton players.

Negatives

- Didn't get the number 10 we need. It sound like we were reasonably close with a 25 year old Yarmarleko. but just failed to get is over the line, but these things happen during the window and dealing with the dodgy Russian is always difficult. Trouble is while you go for one target you really want you are likely to miss out on any alternatives. What do you do? go for that extra bit of quality signing you really really want or do you go for a guaranteed second or even third best option? Its a fine line.

Maybe missing out on a number 10 might just mean Barkley makes that set up this year or MIrallas or Delboy get a shot at it.

The progressions of the transfer windows under Martinez do seem be following a more longer term strategic plan of building a talented young team (still with limited resources compared to the top 6 spenders).

Over the past 5 to 10 years I have always moaned that every time players; and then subsequently the team do really well, we just end up having to sell the players when their heads are turned by a money bags club and thus we have to start again in key positions. i.e a viscous circle of player does well/team does well, player wants to leave. So what is the point of doing really well as your team is decimated.

But this trend appear to have been bucked a little since Martinez has been manager - this is new territory as an Everton fan over the past 10 years, a key player has now not been lost for a couple of years under Martinez reign, in fact young players are slowly being added. Could a young talented team actually be allowed to grow in to something special over three or four years project - maybe.

For me plenty of positives to get behind. However, we do need a good positive season (al la 13/14 season) to keep the players on board with this plan. Big season.

Fantastic summary!

Had we not signed Lennon I would have been underwhelmed to say the least but now we have improved the squad in almost every part of the field.

CB - Mori and Holgate (Galloway is also new and there)

CM - Cleverley

LW - Gerry

RW - Lennon

S - Rodrigues, Henen

As I see it, we need a RB in jan and depending on how Barkley, Mirallas, Kone gets on at #10 we might also need someone there.

Mori's transfer sum tells me that Stones is leaving in Jan.

We kept Garbutt so LB is covered.

Seriously? You think Rodriguez and Henen have any effect this season at all? I will be very surprised if Rodriguez will ever play more than a handfull of first team matches.

If we had signed someone 22-year old striker from Burton with a record of 19 in 80, would you think he's strengthening the squad?

Same goes basically for Holgate, we'll be neck deep in shite if he plays this season. Deulofeu is also RW, not LW.

I just don't get too excited when it comes to transfers. The disappointment is easier to take then.

I said 2 weeks ago that we wouldn't come out any stronger so I'm not shocked.

Maybe this Rodriguez could be a hidden gem like some are saying.

The fact that no other club came in for him or had even heard of him, is pointing to a hidden lump of coal not diamond.

Seriously? You think Rodriguez and Henen have any effect this season at all? I will be very surprised if Rodriguez will ever play more than a handfull of first team matches.

If we had signed someone 22-year old striker from Burton with a record of 19 in 80, would you think he's strengthening the squad?

Same goes basically for Holgate, we'll be neck deep in shite if he plays this season. Deulofeu is also RW, not LW.

You're. wasting your breath because you're talking to some people who don't really understand mate.

I'm out if here.

No, i think that we have Lukaku, Kone, Mirallas, Naismith and Rodrigues.

As I see it a winger plays on any side. Im a right footed winger but I often play on the left to cut in and use my right foot. All I was stating was that we have a lot of players that can be used on either wing now. Natural wingers. Not Barkley, not Osman, hopefully not Kone and we can now also try Mirallas in his more favored role.

Im not buying into all of this negative crap. Name one squad in the last 10 years that was better. (Squad, not starting 11)

You're. wasting your breath because you're talking to some people who don't really understand mate.

I'm out if here.

I really do understand and agree with Peter completely.

But I'm wasting my breath because some people don't see the long term plan and want immediate results or just want to be miserable ;)

See, it's easy to be condescending :P

The fact that we have 2 young strikers does help the squad, though indirectly for the moment. They add competition in the u21s and have a chance of pushing for the first team. Most likely next year, but there could be a glut of injuries and we're forced to look at them. They may sink, they may fly. But they are there if needed.

I think people need to accept that there are fans (fanatics) and supporters/followers. This isn't a case of one being better than the other, or about whether you go the game or not, or caring more about the club than someone else.

Fans tend to be interested in every single detail of the club, and they often get caught up in the emotion of things. I know I've lost my head a few times. Whereas supporters/followers don't sweat the small stuff and look at things in a more methodical way. They are able to take a step back. It may come across as not caring as much but that's an unfair accusation to throw about.

There's no right or wrong way to go about being part of the Everton family, you just need to accept that people will do it in different ways.

I probably haven't worded this right or got what I mean across but there it is.

Edited by Romey 1878

We didn't get what we all thought we needed granted but if we'd have brought in the players we did in the last two days or you'd have said to me we'd bring in the following this window:

Delafaou

Cleverley

Lennon

Mori

Rodriguez

Henen

Holgate

I'd have been very happy albeit some unknowns and prospects amongst that bunch but there's potentially four first teamers there

I'm in no way shape or form over the moon but that's our lot for now and I'm not going to lose sleep over it

I think people need to accept that there are fans (fanatics) and supporters/followers. This isn't a case of one being better than the other, or about whether you go the game or not, or caring more about the club than someone else.

Fans tend to be interested in every single detail of the club, and they often get caught up in the emotion of things. I know I've lost my head a few times. Whereas supporters/followers don't sweat the small stuff or look at things in a more methodical way. They are able to take a step back. It may come across as not caring as much but that's an unfair accusation to throw about.

There's no right or wrong way to go about being part of the Everton family, you just need to accept that people will do it in different ways.

I probably haven't worded this right or got what I mean across but there it is.

Not sure where that puts me then, as I do do a lot of looking into things, and the result (last season) quite often ruined my weekeend. But, I'm also able to take a step back, be a bit more calm and positive about things, which doesn't translate to "not caring as much".

Not sure where that puts me then, as I do do a lot of looking into things, and the result (last season) quite often ruined my weekeend. But, I'm also able to take a step back, be a bit more calm and positive about things, which doesn't translate to "not caring as much".

It makes you bisexual.

I said it doesn't mean not caring as much did I not?

Edited by Romey 1878

While I still stand by my aggressive post. I regret the wording. I appologise to all that were offended apart from the person it was intendent for.

I cant just sit back and take that, it was personally aimed towards me and clearly stated that im too thick to understand.

It also insinuated that i dont care enough. Probably because im not a real supporter that goes to the games every week.

He must be avinalaff.

Edited by Peter H