IGNORED

Transfer deadline day - 1 place 4 all Everton related rumours today

Guest rusty747

I think that is where Mori will be important. He has actually won a few trophies and is a winner. He will bring that winning mentality which will, hopefully, rub off on the rest of the squad. No more 'nice Everton'

Edited by rusty747

I'm guessing that's a candidate for the sarcasm font?

No?

Lukaku - 28mil

Fellaini - 15 mil

McCarthy - 13 mil

Yakubu - 11.25 mil

Mori - 9.5 mil

McCarthy is one of our most expensive signings ever. In fact. 3/5 of our most expensive players ever were signed by RM. And in the current squad.

Yet Everton and RM show little intent in the transfer windows according to some.

No?

Lukaku - 28mil

Fellaini - 15 mil

McCarthy - 13 mil

Yakubu - 11.25 mil

Mori - 9.5 mil

McCarthy is one of our most expensive signings ever. In fact. 3/5 of our most expensive players ever were signed by RM. And in the current squad.

Yet Everton and RM show little intent in the transfer windows according to some.

There's nothing like inflation is there. It's like the other day I broke the record for the most I've ever spent on a mars bar, it was smaller too.

Seriously Pete, are you not making the connections to the fact that clubs like Bournemouth spent £21m???!!!

Are you expecting transfer fees to go down? The game is awash with money, not sure where all of ours is.

Next you will be saying kone should score more than what lineker scored for us because he cost more.

Edited by Hafnia

No?

Lukaku - 28mil

Fellaini - 15 mil

McCarthy - 13 mil

Yakubu - 11.25 mil

Mori - 9.5 mil

Price is irrelevant to a players abilities, it's a transaction fee between 2 businesses. Hence thinking it was sarcasm.

There's nothing like inflation is there. It's like the other day I broke the record for the most I've ever spent on a mars bar, it was smaller too.

Seriously Pete, are you not making the connections to the fact that clubs like Bournemouth spent £21m???!!!

Are you expecting transfer fees to go down? The game is awash with money, not sure where all of ours is.

Next you will be saying kone should score more than what lineker scored for us because he cost more.

Yet here you are comparing our spend to other clubs.

I agree with you when it comes to our kitty. I also want to know why the likes of West Ham, Villa, Swansea etc are outspending us but you cant say that the club is showing little or no intent when we have spent 53 million on 3 players. Inflation? Perhaps but not enough to differ from the Moyes years.

Yet here you are comparing our spend to other clubs.

I agree with you when it comes to our kitty. I also want to know why the likes of West Ham, Villa, Swansea etc are outspending us but you cant say that the club is showing little or no intent when we have spent 53 million on 3 players. Inflation? Perhaps but not enough to differ from the Moyes years.

We spent £11m on yak in 2007, fellaini £15m in 2008. Since then tv revenue has continued to increase massively so, I don't get your point.

lukaku was effectively swapped for fellaini, plus we sold Vic and jelavic on top who effectively paid for McCarthy.

So in terms of spend we are paupers.

Surely at some point this has all got to go bang! There is far too much money in football and it's getting to the point where people will no longer be able to afford match tickets or sky tv

I believe the new money isn't from England though. That contract is already locked down for 7 yeRs? It's that they signed a new American one and possibly other foreign countries.

100k or 500k, does it really matter?

And I've always wondered why people find it somehow wrong or strange that players get paid. Who then should get most of the money if not the players who make the game, and thus make it interesting enough for others to pay ridiculous amounts to sponsor and broadcast?

I'd rather the players get it than owners. Ticket prices should be lowered, but at this rate they will soon be pretty insignificant anyways.

And I've always wondered why people find it somehow wrong or strange that players get paid. Who then should get most of the money if not the players who make the game, and thus make it interesting enough for others to pay ridiculous amounts to sponsor and broadcast?

I'd rather the players get it than owners. Ticket prices should be lowered, but at this rate they will soon be pretty insignificant anyways.

I think it's unreasonable that a player at the top level earns so much whereas a player at league 2 earns comparitively so little.

Essentially we are limiting Englands chances of winning things when good players get thrown on scrapheap. Already players have no reason to work hard after their first contract.

8 year old kids are playing on local pitches covered in dog shit, youth teams going back 70 years are folding.

Premier league clubs should be sponsoring pitches and facilities in areas where their scouts are turning up trying to find their next star.

But this doesn't happen the way it should, yet players get one good contract and put their feet up.

The lower league clubs should be able to make their games affordable to attend, not £20 to watch Tranmere etc. To achieve this something needs to be done.

I think it's unreasonable that a player at the top level earns so much whereas a player at league 2 earns comparitively so little.

Essentially we are limiting Englands chances of winning things when good players get thrown on scrapheap. Already players have no reason to work hard after their first contract.

8 year old kids are playing on local pitches covered in dog shit, youth teams going back 70 years are folding.

Premier league clubs should be sponsoring pitches and facilities in areas where their scouts are turning up trying to find their next star.

But this doesn't happen the way it should, yet players get one good contract and put their feet up.

The lower league clubs should be able to make their games affordable to attend, not £20 to watch Tranmere etc. To achieve this something needs to be done.

Money needs to go into the grassroots and more into the community.

It does matter yes. I work hard for my money and receive pittance compared to a football player.

It also makes it more and more likely that I can't afford to go to the game.

Football is moving away from the grass roots fan and into the executive market.

I want it back.

Yes it matters.

Because any extra money is going straight to the top level player and not enough is finding it's way through the divisions, through to kids football, community programmes, back to the fans.

And the game itself isn't improving. It's not getting any better.

The players at the top obviously do deserve to get the highest cut. It is after all a short career and only a minute % make it to the top level. But they don't deserve that much. There's no justification.

Those top players are the reason the game makes so much money. If you don't like the way the money is spread, why not spend your money on grassroots football? I find it somewhat hypocritical if people complain about the huge wages and yet keep giving their money to the top clubs. Stop going to the matches and stop you Sky subscription. Go watch non-league football, go spend your time in kid's football instead. YOU are the ones paying those wages in the end.

You are just like people moaning how the movie industry has turned into a blockbuster industry. And then you go watch the latest Marvel movie instead of that indie flick. Should other industries give their money to small businesses as well?

Those top players are the reason the game makes so much money. If you don't like the way the money is spread, why not spend your money on grassroots football? I find it somewhat hypocritical if people complain about the huge wages and yet keep giving their money to the top clubs. Stop going to the matches and stop you Sky subscription. Go watch non-league football, go spend your time in kid's football instead. YOU are the ones paying those wages in the end.

You are just like people moaning how the movie industry has turned into a blockbuster industry. And then you go watch the latest Marvel movie instead of that indie flick. Should other industries give their money to small businesses as well?

Absolute rubbish.

I coach under 8s football.

I go to watch Telford United in the northern conference.

I do put money into grass roots football.

But I also have a deep love for Everton.

You think I should stop watching them to make a point?

Do you drive a car? If you do does that mean you actively support ruining the atmosphere?

Do you eat meat? If so does that mean got actively support murder of animals?

I don't think you understand the level of money compared with top professionals to amateur players.

Top players between 100k to 250k a week. Add onto that sponsors etc.

Ameteur platers between -3.00 to -5.00 a week....Yes that is a minus sign.

I think you are missing the point Makis.

Walloping the top end players with £500k a week isn't going to make them play better, it further reduces the hunger and need to perform at the highest level. It further increases their power over a club - case in point being Carlos Tevez, I'd have banned the prick from football and sued him for breach of contract.

I haven't seen Wayne Rooney be that player we knew since he has become the highest paid English player. Money is ruining the game.

So, it brings us into looking at smaller clubs... Call them feeders or whatever, clubs where we can send our young players to get valuable game time. John Stones, James McCarthy, Jagielka, Baines, Tim Cahill, players we have who plied their trade at lower league. All their clubs have flirted with administration.

All that is going to happen is that only 5-6 clubs can have the best players in the world. A wage cap needs sorting out.