IGNORED

The Shite (Home)

duncanmckenzieismagic

If we are moaning about Can not being sent off then we should thank ourselves lucky Barkley was still on.

Letter of the law he should have got a yellow for kicking the ball away. Can was trying to score with an overhead kick. How often do you see yellow cards given for that? .....not very often.

Lucas on the other hand is a lucky fucker. He definitely should have walked,

Agree with the overhead kick assessment, but he had a few other questionable challenges as well. Barkley was a bit unlucky to get that yellow in the first place, as Can doing what most professionals do and giving up the ball when Barkley tried to grab it from would have ended the confrontation then and there. Barkley didn't do much wrong there in my mind; you see players grabbing for the ball to speed up play multiple times a game.

Gave away a soft goal, though Barkley got a small push in the back to put him under the ball !their goalkeeper made two great saves first half, we probably should have won this.Liverpool fans were laughing when the teams were announced, stating our two young fullbacks and new boy beside Jags would never keep them out, to be honest they did great, though have to admit Coleman, Baines and Stones would certainly add a touch of class and more goal threat.

Thought Lukaku did well and Barkley is getting there now.McCarthy for me was the weak link today.

We can play better than that and will and should finish above the big spending red shite.

Gave away a soft goal, though Barkley got a small push in the back to put him under the ball !their goalkeeper made two great saves first half, we probably should have won this.Liverpool fans were laughing when the teams were announced, stating our two young fullbacks and new boy beside Jags would never keep them out, to be honest they did great, though have to admit Coleman, Baines and Stones would certainly add a touch of class and more goal threat.

Thought Lukaku did well and Barkley is getting there now.McCarthy for me was the weak link today.

We can play better than that and will and should finish above the big spending red shite.

McCarthy was nowhere near as bad as Naismith.

Against the worst shite team in twenty years I think we bottled it. Roberto needs to look at himself with not making the subs to change the game. We should have gone 4-3-3. Gibson needed to come on and get on the ball. Him with McCarthy and Barry alongside. Howard was to blame for their goal. Anything in our box is the keepers

The concern about it is that it's two games in a row, which doesnt show an aptitude for learning from mistakes! Anyone can make a mistake but learn from it, that's all that is expected.

but it wouldn't have been a mistake if Howard didn't stand on his line and let a midget head a free header in an area he that he shouldn't have been in the equation

but it wouldn't have been a mistake if Howard didn't stand on his line and let a midget head a free header in an area he that he shouldn't have been in the equation

Letting his man go is a mistake whether we're punished for it or not. He has a defensive responsibility and he has to do it.

Edited by Romey 1878

So drawing at Goodison is enough for Rodgers to get the can... Say what you like about about Kenwright, I'd rather have a chairman who backs the manager to the hilt than foriegn owners who pull the plug 8 games in any day. Im sure there'll be plenty on here disagree but I think that's a bad decision for football, i'm pleased to support a club that are prepared to give a manager the time to build a legacy. COYB, let's never be dragged into that bullshit circus.

The concern about it is that it's two games in a row, which doesnt show an aptitude for learning from mistakes! Anyone can make a mistake but learn from it, that's all that is expected.

On the other hand, the lad clearly can't defend. Why have him defending the six yard line on corners? I don't think it's fair to criticise Barkley too much, he shouldn't be in there, if you watch him anywhere on the pitch he struggles to read opposition runs in defensive phases, the last place i'd have him marking corners is the centre forward on the six yard line!

On the other hand, the lad clearly can't defend. Why have him defending the six yard line on corners? I don't think it's fair to criticise Barkley too much, he shouldn't be in there, if you watch him anywhere on the pitch he struggles to read opposition runs in defensive phases, the last place i'd have him marking corners is the centre forward on the six yard line!

So drawing at Goodison is enough for Rodgers to get the can... Say what you like about about Kenwright, I'd rather have a chairman who backs the manager to the hilt than foriegn owners who pull the plug 8 games in any day. Im sure there'll be plenty on here disagree but I think that's a bad decision for football, i'm pleased to support a club that are prepared to give a manager the time to build a legacy. COYB, let's never be dragged into that bullshit circus.

Tbf, it's not just about the first 8 games is it? They're going on a poor season last season too.

I agree, but he's been given that job and he's made the same mistake in the very next game. Mistakes are a given but not learning from them is annoying.

Another departure of a big rival after a big game. It happened with Moyes, it happens now with Rodgers...

All things said, I think both are more about the attitude of the team instead of the result of the game. Only one team wanted it the 2nd half.

I'd like to have a chairman who could hold his manager responsible for wasting over £240m on transfers.

Naismith was fine. He seemed to be very deep today though. What you get from him is a disciplined performance and I'm grateful we have him.

Never said I wasn't grateful to have him, but today he didn't really offer much going forward. Being a pest to the opposition is a job he performs well though.

Letting his man go is a mistake whether we're punished for it or not. He has a defensive responsibility and he has to do it.

Exactly.

The nudge was one that any player who has played the game before should expect when defending a corner. It happens every time. Add to that Barkley is a pretty big guy, and I don't think there's an excuse for not getting the header.

Defense is not his strong point, obviously, but a physical player like Ross should handle that with no problem... IMO.

Don't see why Barkley is getting so much stick , Naismith misjudged the flight of the ball and went for a Toby, leaving Barkley exposed. Howard should be challenging too. Simple nudge does a lot, other way round and that ref would blow. Have to blame RM more than anyone though, as already said Ross should not be the main player in the six yard box for a corner.

With such small margins refs need to do better than yesterday, 2 points dropped in the name of entertainment. If the FA cared less about money and more about sport we'd be up there. Fan base and cheating is rewarded by them.