IGNORED

Oumar Niasse

I think Niasse deserves a bit more credit than he is receiving to be honest.

ots not like he is bumbling finishes if his ass cheek or knees. He has actually finished some nice goals off. He has also set up some neat chances and taken players on. 

Peiple argued that Lukaku did his job even if he had a shot first touch or whatever, as his job was to score goals. It shouldn’t be any different for Niasse just because he has been the serial joke.

i hope we get a new striker in the new year and he becomes a bench player, but he will sit there with my utmost respect.

7 hours ago, Paddock said:

He’s not good enough to play for us and it’s a sign how utterly shit we are when we are pinning our hopes on him scoring goals to keep us up. 

How the fuck has it got to this- it’s all been a blur.

If we are pinning our hopes on him then the problem isn't a much ridiculed £13m striker.... the problem lies within the team of players containing far more supposed valuable assets. 

There' a fair bit of elitism/snobbery and injustice going on with this lad... it's a bit like eating a butty and trying to scorn it cos it had a Lidl wrapper on it... taste buds are saying "fair fucking play"...but  the marks and Spencer snob is saying "it's ham.... not honey roast ham".

He's a top lad

I missed shukes post and yeah.... didn't want to bring lukaku into it but ffs that lad was and is one of the toughest footballers technically that you will see.  

It's just so annoying how wrong we got a few of our transfers in the summer.

if we had gotten that proper CF we wouldn't be asking Niasse and DCL to try and take on roles that are above them ( for now ). From what I've seen, id have no issue with Niasse coming on with 20-30 minutes of the game to go - knowing that he's ones of those players that gets chances or makes chances through hard work.

i agree with posts above that he's not a long term answer but as an impact player I don't think we could ask for much more.

We have one of the most prolific scorers in the league right now, and all some can do is trash him. I don't get it. Having played fewer games, he's level with Martial and one behind Vardy, Lacazette, and Sane for goals, and he's almost #1 for goals per minute. And that's before we consider the 'never say die' attitude he brings to the team. The raison d'etre of a striker is to score goals, and Niasse is scoring goals. Let's give the man some credit.

3 hours ago, Shukes said:

ots not like he is bumbling finishes if his ass cheek or knees. He has actually finished some nice goals off. He has also set up some neat chances and taken players on. 

Peiple argued that Lukaku did his job even if he had a shot first touch or whatever, as his job was to score goals. It shouldn’t be any different for Niasse just because he has been the serial joke.

i hope we get a new striker in the new year and he becomes a bench player, but he will sit there with my utmost respect.

The goal he scored against Watford did literally bumble in off his ass!

13 minutes ago, Bailey said:

The goal he scored against Watford did literally bumble in off his ass!

10 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

I was gonna say the exact same thing.  

Only because the Watford defender hacked him down; if that hadn't happened it was a tap-in due to his work rate.

19 hours ago, Paddock said:

He’s not good enough to play for us and it’s a sign how utterly shit we are when we are pinning our hopes on him scoring goals to keep us up. 

How the fuck has it got to this- it’s all been a blur.

On current form there is a long list of players turning out for us week in week out who I'd say are not good enough to play for us ahead of him. The lad is is our top scorer, he should be starting every match. 

14 minutes ago, nogs said:

On current form there is a long list of players turning out for us week in week out who I'd say are not good enough to play for us ahead of him. The lad is is our top scorer, he should be starting every match. 

I’m not arguing that, atm he’s alls we have unlrss Sandro comes good but all this “he gets the Everton way” or “ he’s fully committed” means fuck all Nogs- we need a top class striker in January- I doubt we’ll get one though but if we survive this season- he needs replacing and putting on the bench.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

I’m not arguing that, atm he’s alls we have unlrss Sandro comes good but all this “he gets the Everton way” or “ he’s fully committed” means fuck all Nogs- we need a top class striker in January- I doubt we’ll get one though but if we survive this season- he needs replacing and putting on the bench.

Again, I think exactly the same about the CBs who have turned out for us this season and our CMs. Seems unfair to single out the lad when he's doing well! 

14 hours ago, Shukes said:

Exactly. I'm surprised with Paddocks assessment to be honest; Rom got a lot of forgiveness for his failings because he scored goals, despite his ego. Niasse has no such ego, even admitting he isn't the best player, and is still scoring goals. 

If he's scoring goals, I don't want him dropped and would want the new striker (which we sorely need) to accompany him. We need 2 up top and he's the type of player that will create for others as well as chip in. We just need a more clinical player than DCL to take advantage

54 minutes ago, nogs said:

Again, I think exactly the same about the CBs who have turned out for us this season and our CMs. Seems unfair to single out the lad when he's doing well! 

Jagielka, Williams and Baines all need replacing mate- every one of them would be out if ai had a say- Keane deserves time  in the hope he’ll come good if we ever start looking like a football team again.

24 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Jagielka, Williams and Baines all need replacing mate- every one of them would be out if ai had a say- Keane deserves time  in the hope he’ll come good if we ever start looking like a football team again.

Keane's been bloody awful so far though! 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Exactly. I'm surprised with Paddocks assessment to be honest; Rom got a lot of forgiveness for his failings because he scored goals, despite his ego. Niasse has no such ego, even admitting he isn't the best player, and is still scoring goals. 

If he's scoring goals, I don't want him dropped and would want the new striker (which we sorely need) to accompany him. We need 2 up top and he's the type of player that will create for others as well as chip in. We just need a more clinical player than DCL to take advantage

fair play.  You have taken your criteria for assessing/praising Lukaku and ported it over to Niasse - you always said that for you Lukaku scores goals and on the basis of that alone he got your support.  That's cool - my criteria was more complex and demanding...

Lukaku was a legend before he was a footballer - he was automatically propelled into a supposed elite level/potential superstar bracket before he had scored his first premier league goal.  That kind of profile tends to stick around and his goal record has supported the hype to be fair.

Take away the goals from either player and you are left with 2 footballers of very mediocre ability.  One is a big unit who is a gifted athlete who doesn't really break a sweat for his team mates, with a questionable attitude - the other is a ridiculously hard working player with a great attitude. 

This is where I have massive respect for Niasse - he isn't as gifted as a finisher as lukaku, he knows he's not a great player but you know what - his finishing isn't bad at all. 

Crazy as it sounds - Lukaku would love to play alongside this lad.

4 hours ago, Paddock said:

So you'd like to see another Eto'o?

1 hour ago, aaron said:

Instead he has to settle for Zlatan, Martial and Rashford. poor guy. :lol:

Obviously all 3 of those players are mega talented - only Rashford has the type of work ethic that can compare if at all to niasse.

The point i'm trying to make is that Niasse would be the player who would create so much space for Lukaku out of sheer nuisance value opposed to one of the other 3 doing it through skill.

4 hours ago, Paddock said:

No- why does it have to be from one extreme to the other? You make out that if we replaced him it would be an Eto situation- it wouldn’t.

11 hours ago, Paddock said:

Not getting the Everton way and not being fully committed define Eto'o rather well. All I'm suggesting is that these things are important. Niasse gets it and, through sheer commitment, is scoring goals. This is better than a "top class striker" who doesn't get it, in my humble opinion - with Exhibit 1 being Eto'o.

22 hours ago, badaids said:

Don't give a fuck if Niasse grows gills and a trunk, or what his style of play looks like.  As long as he keeps scoring and creating chances for other players.  Output and effect.  That's what I want and as long as he keeps delivering it I'll keep loving him.

+1. 

38 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Not getting the Everton way and not being fully committed define Eto'o rather well. All I'm suggesting is that these things are important. Niasse gets it and, through sheer commitment, is scoring goals. This is better than a "top class striker" who doesn't get it, in my humble opinion - with Exhibit 1 being Eto'o.

No Steve and this is the bit you never seem to get- it’s not either or- you don’t have to get Everton and you don’t have to be an Eto- tbf- Eto had Martinezpegged as a bullshitting fraud and he was right, however there’s a huge gap between the two that players can fall into and we just need a quality striker that scores goals- they don’t have to get Everton and they don’t have to be a superstar that thinks he is too good to be here.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

No Steve and this is the bit you never seem to get- it’s not either or- you don’t have to get Everton and you don’t have to be an Eto- tbf- Eto had Martinezpegged as a bullshitting fraud and he was right, however there’s a huge gap between the two that players can fall into and we just need a quality striker that scores goals- they don’t have to get Everton and they don’t have to be a superstar that thinks he is too good to be here.

Then I would claim we don't need "a quality striker that scores goals". Right now, we just need "a striker that scores goals", and we've found one.