IGNORED

Jonjoe Kenny

He's making the right decision, I think he will suit the German league and really has the opportunity to make a name for himself. The lad wants to play football, if he stayed here I doubt he would start more than 15 games for us across all comps and at 25 that's not good for his career.

I'm really disappointed that the club offered him a new deal but I wish him all the best, he's blue through and through and has a fantastic attitude. Good luck Jonjoe.

44 minutes ago, Haiku said:

Gutted. He was a decent cover for both fullbacks. Yes, he isn't great, but neither is Coleman and we haven't seen anything from Patterson yet. It was a problematic position before, even more now he left.

Well it least it will force us to do something about once and for all instead of dealing with the same shit every year, plus I have a good feeling about Patterson. 

4 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Off to Hertha Berlin on a 3 year deal - great move and fair play.

Given that a few English fringe talents have done very well in Germany, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Jonjoe do well with Hertha too. I thought it was Berlin that he was at before, but then remembered it was actually Schalke.

I've said from the beginning that I'd like us to move Kenny on, but there's no malice. I hope he absolutely smashes it out there in Germany and really finds himself a key player in their outfit.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Nice read👍

Can almost picture him having to stop and compose himself as he wrote that out. Always hoped he'd be the answer long term and he's certainly shown glimpses that he could be. But wasn't to be. Again, wish him nothing but the best going forward, he gave his all for us and comes across as a really decent young lad.