IGNORED

Jonjoe Kenny

Anyone know, definitively, whether Kenny is eligible to play for Everton the remainder of this season?  If yes, I’d strongly prefer to see him rather than Sidibé rotate in — as sub or even starter — for Coleman.

And if, by chance, we had the unusual option to sign him for July but chose not to do so, I’d be baffled.

EDIT update — Just found answer.  Not eligible.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/newsliverpool/carlo-ancelotti-says-everton-talks-over-jonjoe-kenny-will-wait/ar-BB16bUHF

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Bailey said:

Bit of a strange article that. On one hand they say he is part of the first team squad for the upcoming season and then they say they he will be sold if the right price is met. 

It doesn't suggest that he is thought of as Colemans long term successor. 

Everyone’s got a price tag. Sounds like he’ll get a season to prove himself, although there’s not a single quote in that “article” so I’m assuming someone just had to fill their quota of echo bs

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MC11 said:

Hard worker, but not enough quality in his game to be a regular at the top of the premier league 

Not sure on that. Everyone raves about wan Bissaka and he’s just been defensive. I think that’s Kenny’s stronger side as well. Could very be a break out season for him here.

1 hour ago, Btay said:

Not sure on that. Everyone raves about wan Bissaka and he’s just been defensive. I think that’s Kenny’s stronger side as well. Could very be a break out season for him here.

I’d say he’s a good tackler but he’s not a good defender overall (Wan Bissaka).

I’d like Kenny to be given a go but I wouldn’t be too sad if we’ve decided he’s not good enough. But we have to sell him this summer while his stock is high if that’s the decision we’ve made. 

On 29/08/2020 at 09:30, Romey 1878 said:

I’d say he’s a good tackler but he’s not a good defender overall (Wan Bissaka).

I’d like Kenny to be given a go but I wouldn’t be too sad if we’ve decided he’s not good enough. But we have to sell him this summer while his stock is high if that’s the decision we’ve made. 

I’d give him until January. He’s done everything right and deserves a chance. Plus with some of the deals we are looking I don’t think we have £20mil for a RB right now.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

i think it will be coleman starting and Kenny to sub and rotate and play cup matches.  coleman on his day is light years ahead of kenny.

His day is a bit few and far between. Kenny seems a pretty reliable solution. Regardless, coleman is not going to be forever and if Kenny is not delivering by January then we get someone else.

"IF" we sign Allan, Rodriguez & Doucoure - i think it would be an absolute dream playing right back for us. Link up play/ rondo with Rodriguez & Gomes and just get the ball in the box for DCL, Richarlison & Doucoure to get onto, big physical presence with Allan to recycle any scraps. 

15 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i think it will be coleman starting and Kenny to sub and rotate and play cup matches.  coleman on his day is light years ahead of kenny.

This. Coleman might not be the player he was but he’s still not one of the current issues in the squad. 
We need to see more of Kenny to see how much he has improved whilst in Germany. 
But right now we’re ok at right back. 

On the other side though, we have one left back. 

2 hours ago, StevO said:

This. Coleman might not be the player he was but he’s still not one of the current issues in the squad. 
We need to see more of Kenny to see how much he has improved whilst in Germany. 
But right now we’re ok at right back. 

On the other side though, we have one left back. 

I agree with this as well, however Coleman will continue to regress and he has already shown he has struggles when playing 2 games in quick succession. I have no doubt we will see plenty of Kenny this year. 

Still want to see what he's got. Unfortunately ive not seen much of him at Schalke, but i remember a couple of years ago when he came in to cover injured Coleman and played quite a few games. He showed glimpses of the quality he has. With the mass changes this season within the first time I'd like us to keep some core players in the squad who know Everton. I say rotate him with Coleman this year and see how he turns out. Another loan deal wouldn't make much sense.