IGNORED

Jonjoe Kenny

56 minutes ago, StevO said:

Glad you can tell Shukes 😂

but I was thinking how funny it would look to see someone try to kick the ball without intent. It’s a very camp motion in my head. 

You just need to watch me play haha!

Mr head has all the intent in the world, my body just disagrees!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Found this part of the article the most interesting:

On whether he would return to Everton at the end of the season, Kenny didn't want to commit himself to a decision at this stage of the season.

"Right now I'm in Schalke and I have a job to do and we'll have to see what happens in the near future but right now I'm trying to focus game by game."

On 14/11/2019 at 22:17, markjazzbassist said:

it's a smart move.  keeps everton and shalke on their toes and likely means more money for kenny.  tactical remark that's all.  players in all sports do it all the time, keep the options open and go to the highest bidder.  

He's an Everton player. Apparently it's Everton choice whether he stays or leaves, not Kenny's.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Everton own his contract, but if the lad wants to go is it worth making him stay?

It’s a difficult one makes you think back to Lookman, who wanted to go and was pretty much forced to come back and the rest is history. 
I think with Kenny being an Everton lad if he felt he had a future here he would want to be here.  
I can see Sidibe and him being our right backs and Coleman being shut out, but whether either would accept playing second fiddle will have to be seen. 

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

Because we've got a shite manager who won't give him a chance unless forced by injuries. 

Good point, it is true that Davies and Holgate were only given there opportunities due to injuries and no other choices for Silva, it definitely wasn’t through inspired managerial foresight as he would like us to believe, with all his training bullshit of how he groomed them for first team stardom, maybe Kenny sees that and has experience of it when Coleman was injured, he came in and in my opinion performed better than Coleman, but as soon as Coleman was fit again he was dropped, and Sidibe was brought in on loan he was shipped out. 
I think we have a manager who has no faith in young talent, or probably doesn’t recognise talent when it’s in front of him. 

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

But people can see why he is reluctant to play the youngsters at this moment in time?

Holgate was our best defender and first choice until he picked up an injury. Davies was also involved most games. They have already done enough to be trusted by more experienced managers than Silva. 

Did Keane do enough last year or the beginning of this year to play over Holgate? Likewise Schneiderlin/Gomes and Gana/Sigurdssen over Davies? 

Just look at how much more Walcott is appreciated atm. His game and effort have stayed the same just the likes of Davies and Iwobi play at a tempo to get the ball to Walcott how he likes it. Shouldn't have took a full season of slow boring football and then 4 defeats in a row to recognise what Davies offers. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Holgate was our best defender and first choice until he picked up an injury. Davies was also involved most games. They have already done enough to be trusted by more experienced managers than Silva. 

Did Keane do enough last year or the beginning of this year to play over Holgate? Likewise Schneiderlin/Gomes and Gana/Sigurdssen over Davies? 

Just look at how much more Walcott is appreciated atm. His game and effort have stayed the same just the likes of Davies and Iwobi play at a tempo to get the ball to Walcott how he likes it. Shouldn't have took a full season of slow boring football and then 4 defeats in a row to recognise what Davies offers. 

I don't see when he would have had the opportunity to play youngsters. We haven't had a good enough run to justify playing them IMO. 

He's not going to play them over experience when he's close to losing his job. 

Either way with Holgate and Davies in form he looks like he made wrong decisions.