IGNORED

Jonjoe Kenny

13 hours ago, Shukes said:

We’re a miserable lot. Everton fans are famed for it.

We need someone to be some kind of fall guy. It feels like Silva is that guy at the moment.

But while he’s getting all the stick, the players are left alone. So maybe it’s a good thing.

I wonder if Theo and Morgan are happy that Silva is taking the stick they usually get?

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Morgan's still getting it as far as I can see. He's played well recently but he's still said to have had a shit game.

Unfortunately Morgan is a vanilla player who seems to have 1 negative key moment per game. I remember when we signed him thinking thank god we missed out on Axel Witsel and got him.... mental

10 minutes ago, Btay said:

Unfortunately Morgan is a vanilla player who seems to have 1 negative key moment per game. I remember when we signed him thinking thank god we missed out on Axel Witsel and got him.... mental

What? Witsel was better back then, he's even better now. Schneiderlin was United misfit and when we splashed the cash, they happily let him go. If we continue to buy misfits from those above us, I don't know how do we expect to move above them in the first place.

1 hour ago, barryj said:

There’s an argument that Theo has started to but he needs to do it consistently. I don’t believe Morgan has done anything to prove his detractors wrong. 

I’m with you here. Theo has been proving me wrong. Morgan has been playing average, which to be fair is an improvement.  

But they have had a break recently with all the Silva talk.

• 1 month later...

He can't be any worse than Coleman at crossing, but I'm not sure he has the ability to nick a goal like him even though he has one screamer for Schalke that I know of. He seems to be doing well for Schalke, but I'd be lying if I said I knew anything about how they're playing him though. 

54 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

with carlo at the helm now i wanted to start a discussion on what he will do with kenny.  Carlo's system uses the RB as a sort of CB/FB hybrid, could kenny maybe be the RM/WB type role?  aka can he cross?

Carlo will change his methods as time goes on so I would say let's wait and see what happens.

2 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

with carlo at the helm now i wanted to start a discussion on what he will do with kenny.  Carlo's system uses the RB as a sort of CB/FB hybrid, could kenny maybe be the RM/WB type role?  aka can he cross?

It’s seems so long since we’ve seen him in an Everton shirt it’s hard to remember what he was like, but from memory he did have a decent cross on him, well better than Coleman and Walcott but not as good as Sidibe. 
But there’s definitely a space for him here, I know he’s well thought of in Germany, but what Ancelotti thinks of him or whether he’s even seen him is a different story. 

3 hours ago, MC11 said:

With Sidibie playing as he is I can’t see Kenny being anything other than backup if he dies come back and if we do sign Sidibie

Yeah the more I think about it the more I think Jon joe would be better off being sold. If shalke like him and we could get 8m or something for him, it could be good business.

Kenny has played every single game for a Schalke side that are 5th in the Bundesliga, seven points adrift from Red Bull at the top. I don't understand why on this basis people are writing him off? To go to a new league at 22 and hold an undisputed first team place is quite impressive and the Bundesliga has proved a fantastic breeding ground for young, English talent as Jadon Sancho shows with Dortmund. 

For those that aren't convinced by the above he was also voted "Rookie of the Month" in August and last season Schalke finished 14th (out of 18) so it's not as if he's playing at Bayern and being carried. He's also notched two assists and a goal, not bad from defence. 

Brands said from the beginning that Kenny would be loaned with no option to buy as he's part of our future plans. With Coleman approaching the twilight stage of his career selling Kenny now would be ludicrous (especially at £8m when we sold Lookman to Germany for double?). He will without a shadow of a doubt come back as the first team right-back with either Sidibe at right-wing or as a rotational option, he's not going anywhere. 

3 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Kenny has played every single game for a Schalke side that are 5th in the Bundesliga, seven points adrift from Red Bull at the top. I don't understand why on this basis people are writing him off? To go to a new league at 22 and hold an undisputed first team place is quite impressive and the Bundesliga has proved a fantastic breeding ground for young, English talent as Jadon Sancho shows with Dortmund. 

For those that aren't convinced by the above he was also voted "Rookie of the Month" in August and last season Schalke finished 14th (out of 18) so it's not as if he's playing at Bayern and being carried. He's also notched two assists and a goal, not bad from defence. 

Brands said from the beginning that Kenny would be loaned with no option to buy as he's part of our future plans. With Coleman approaching the twilight stage of his career selling Kenny now would be ludicrous (especially at £8m when we sold Lookman to Germany for double?). He will without a shadow of a doubt come back as the first team right-back with either Sidibe at right-wing or as a rotational option, he's not going anywhere. 

I don't disagree with what you have said but have you seen him play for Shalke?

FWIW if Sidibe stays, I can see him go out on loan again until Coleman hangs up his boots, or likewise we don't sign Sidibe and him and Coleman share the right back berth.

The bundesliga is a weak league.  Shalke would probably be mid table in the championship in England.  It’s nowhere near the speed and physicality of English football.  If he’s doing well over there my point is we should sell and take advantage.  Like lookman worth 30m and then comes back to England and is shite and we only get 20m.  

the leagues are worlds apart I would hope brands would have learned from the look and fiasco.

38 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

The bundesliga is a weak league.  Shalke would probably be mid table in the championship in England.  It’s nowhere near the speed and physicality of English football.  If he’s doing well over there my point is we should sell and take advantage.  Like lookman worth 30m and then comes back to England and is shite and we only get 20m.  

the leagues are worlds apart I would hope brands would have learned from the look and fiasco.

Bit harsh there. I don't think that's true at all. I definitely could see them as mid-table in the PL. They're a decent team. 

Not that it really matters though. 

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

I don't disagree with what you have said but have you seen him play for Shalke?

FWIW if Sidibe stays, I can see him go out on loan again until Coleman hangs up his boots, or likewise we don't sign Sidibe and him and Coleman share the right back berth.

We can but hope he comes back then. 

8 hours ago, chicagoblue said:

Apparently 3, not sure if that's league only or if it includes cups.

https://www.infogol.net/en/player/jonjoe-kenny/4178

And probably been caught out of position less, I want him back here after the loan finishes, he’s a true blue and will run through brick walls, gives the same lift to the team that DCL does when we’re being over run and they put a strong tackle in IMO