IGNORED

Jonjoe Kenny

Just now, MC11 said:

Not really as when he pushed on Doucoure dropped to RB. Same with Delph on the opposite side. I thought that was pretty obvious.

Also a role Digne and Coleman would have made light work of! 

Oh OK so Hibbert would have played well being the right winger with someone like Carsley filling in behind him at right back?! Imagine how well that link up play would have been. 

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Oh OK so Hibbert would have played well being the right winger with someone like Carsley filling in behind him at right back?! Imagine how well that link up play would have been. 

Tony Hibbert got a nosebleed just thinking about the halfway line and couldn’t cross for shit. I still don’t know how he played for so long in the Premier League when the only thing he could do was tackle after being caught horribly out of position.

Can we never talk about him again? I don’t want nightmares :lol:.

15 hours ago, MC11 said:

Hi Guys,

I try not to bring a negative opinion to this forum any more but WOW.

This guy is utter dross. Not one single decent cross. Backwards and side wards passing. Would struggle in the Championship! 

I said this for two years. He is a good player, but not for this level. He did ok in Germany, not great. Had a great start, but faded into average obscurity fast. 

When playing for us, it’s always been in a very poor team so he has looked ok. Put him in a decent team and he sticks out. 
Shame as he is a local lad, but we need to move him on.

also people act like playing on a relegation battling team in germany is a good thing.  jadon sancho went over and ROCKED that league, he would be a good player in the Premiership but nowhere near worldie level.  THat's how low the quality is there.  Kenny is too slow, and lacks a good cross on him.  Defending is average to above average but modern fullbacks need to be like coleman up and down the flanks at pace.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know Mason has done alright at right back, but whether it is him or Godfrey there, it stifles our attacking play a lot more than when you have an actual right back playing as a right back. 

Coleman is going to miss games before the end of the season and our solution will be to play a centre back. 

Then again, he didn't play when Coleman was injured so what is the point in keeping him around. 

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Just wish it was a permanent deal and was bringing money in. It’s not like it’s saving us massive wages. 

He’d bring in buttons if it was a proper transfer. I’m happier with him going on loan and potentially increasing his value / prove himself than just sell him on the cheap 

I hope he gets a club and goes on to play at a high level. Not too bothered about a transfer fee for him. Young lads who come through the academy and don’t make it into the first team I think should always be about the best move for them. 
Celtic would be a great club for him to progress with. 

Good move hopefully but will Lennon see beyond this season? Hopefully, Kenny makes an instant impression and proves a no-brainer. They may not be flush with cash currently but I see Eduard leaving in the summer (could be a decent option for us) and maybe Ajer so they could easily afford a reasonable deal if he does make an impression.

3 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Good move hopefully but will Lennon see beyond this season? Hopefully, Kenny makes an instant impression and proves a no-brainer. They may not be flush with cash currently but I see Eduard leaving in the summer (could be a decent option for us) and maybe Ajer so they could easily afford a reasonable deal if he does make an impression.

Don't think it really matters if Lennon is there after this season (he won't be) because the manager doesn't buy the players. By all accounts the board does that.

• 3 weeks later...