• Low
    • Pelligrini
    • Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

Reading that article I am really warming to the idea of Pellegrini.

Someone mentioned having him here to lay our foundations and bringing a younger prospect in after a few years.

This could be another very good appointment following the arrival of Moshiri.

Think that's probably the way Moshiri is leaning. We gambled with Martinez and it's meant we've gone backwards. They probably see Pellegrini as stabilising things again and pushing us back up ready for someone else once he's too old and calls it quits.

08:35

EVERTON FLASH CASH AT KOEMAN

Everton have offered to make Ronald Koeman one of the best-paid managers in the Premier League, according to the Mirror.

The paper reports that Southampton have offered Koeman a £2.5m-a-year two-year contract, but Everton are prepared to offer him £6million annually.

From SSN

08:35

EVERTON FLASH CASH AT KOEMAN

Everton have offered to make Ronald Koeman one of the best-paid managers in the Premier League, according to the Mirror.

The paper reports that Southampton have offered Koeman a £2.5m-a-year two-year contract, but Everton are prepared to offer him £6million annually.

From SSN

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/everton-willing-pay-manager-target-8076616

Here's the article

If we've got that sort of money, Emery for me. I'm doubtful Simeone would come, I'm not sure he could re-create what he's done at Athletico somewhere he's not played. But might be worth a punt.

Tbh I don't really see the hype in Koeman. He's done an ok job at Southampton, but he hasn't really built on what Pochettino did, more trod water. Would he get us top 4? Plus, he doesn't seem overly interested. I want someone with the hunger and drive to make EFC great, not just pick up a big pay check. That's why I never had any interest in Mourinho, same applies to Koeman.

Edited by nogs

Tbh I don't really see the hype in Koeman. He's done an ok job at Southampton, but he hasn't really built on what Pochettino did, more trod water. Would he get us top 4? Plus, he doesn't seem overly interested.

Agree with you here 100% , he's not actually achieved anything of note in the premiership, still pellegrini for me

I agree on Koeman he's done little to warrant to hype although I do think he will go in to become a very good manager over here down the line

He doesn't seem interested if the reports are true so he can jog on I get the feeling he was holding out for the United job before committing to Southampton

Pellegrini or Emery for me De Boer if he's our last option, Moyes can fuck off not even entertaining the idea

From SSN just now:

PELLEGRINI HINTS AT RETIREMENT

Former Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini has told the Guardian he might quit the game if an "interesting" job offer doesn't materialise.

The Chilean is on the market for a new role after being replaced at the Etihad by Pep Guardiola and is one of the leading candidates for the current Everton vacancy.

But should the 62-year-old miss out on the Toffees post, it could spell the end of his managerial career.

Pellegrini said: "If I dont have a really interesting option I will stop until I find one. If I have to stop (completely), I will stop.

"It can be now, (until) December, one year or for ever. Of course, I would miss it. The challenge keeps me alive.

Of all the managers mentioned Pellegrini is the only one to have done anything with a premiership club. And I think he had the groundwork laid out for him by Mancini. Saying that though he would still be my choice out of all the names currently in the hat.

Why not, some players get that much so why not a manager.?

Yes I agree that players do and managers should, but the fact is that they don't and I don't think we should have one of the highest paid managers in Europe despite him not really doing much to warrant the pay!

I'd take Monchi and a bang average manager. The guy is a God in world football.

It won't be us, the absolute pinnacle of football clubs will be after him. Could be someone like United in fairness.

IF (and it's a huge IF) Emery is the guy we're trying to get in, there mayou be a slim possibilty of Monchi as well but it's far too good to be true and not likely to be the Everton.

I'd take Monchi and a bang average manager. The guy is a God in world football.

It won't be us, the absolute pinnacle of football clubs will be after him. Could be someone like United in fairness.

IF (and it's a huge IF) Emery is the guy we're trying to get in, there mayou be a slim possibilty of Monchi as well but it's far too good to be true and not likely to be the Everton.

Spot on. Real Madrid tried to get him a little while back. He and emery would be a coup.