• Hughes
    • O'Neill
    • Emery
    • Moyes
    • Somebody else
    • Simeone

8 minutes ago, Shukes said:

No no no Pad.

you asked I answered and you changed it. Read back mate. Your getting all defensive again. You answer with a ... it's not so difficult ...

i pointed out the question you asked mate. No need to twist again. Calm down... although your not angry...wink... read back, and relax.

not bothered if you disagree, but your yet again stating as fact and disregarding others opinions. I was just pointing out that your question was...

who do you think we could catch.

your answer was fine, not a chance. I'm fine with that as I think your right. But at the start of the season I honestly thought we should be chasing them down.  We had an opportunity to close the gap this season, but have started slower and weaker than any of us could have imagined. We've missed the boat. It's been a season and a bit now and we don't seem to have progressed.

martinez was rightly critisized for not moving us forward, Koeman needs to suffer the same rules as RM as far as I'm concerned.

Shukes, I really do wonder about your ability to comprehend at times. I'm perfectly calm and not in the dlightest bit defensive???

my original wuestion (to MC not you but that's not important) was who do you realistically think we can catch. You chimed in with Arsenal- I responded by saying there is nochance of that- especially as we have not replacedLukaku (I doubt we would this season even if we had of replaced him but that's for another day)  then you start saying that's not what I asked?? It is what I asked, you responded and I responded back, it's how forums and debates work- just because you happen to agree doesn't mean you can say wecould catch Arsenal but now we can't so that's not what I was saying.

lay off the sauce eh mate.

1 minute ago, MC11 said:

I predict you are wrong about Koeman. What are you expecting him to do here? In your eyes what is he going to achieve of its not minimum top 6? 

The majority of players he's brought in are all no10s but he's playing them in a 3 wide. 

He went all out for Sigurdsson instead of going for a striker. He has completely neglected our wings to the point we are getting absolutely bombarded down them. 

I may well be wrong MC, I'mnot proclaiming to be right but he needs to be given time otherwise we will never know. To fuck him off now is absolute madness, we'vejust let him spunk a shit load of money so we're past the point of no retirn- for now. I'm not going to scream for his head after 4 games, I wanted Martinez out (as did you) after the succesful seadon but ai waited and waited until it was blatantly obvious.

koemans going nowhere, I've never once said he was the answer, alls I've said is he deserves a chance- Martinez got 3 seasons so lets see where we are beginning of next season.

This is his second season he's spent a fair bit of dollar now and his signings don't collectively look all that. I've been extremely dissapointed in Schneiderlin. Klassen, Rooney & Sigurdsson are all number 10s. Crowding eachother out. Sandro is not the answer to replacing Lukaku. He doesn't even look like he'll get 5 goals never mind 25.

i have no idea what formation and tactics he's playing. Other than pile as much pressure on us and we'll hope for the best. Dross. Not quite as bad as Martinez yet but not far off.

3 minutes ago, MC11 said:

This is his second season he's spent a fair bit of dollar now and his signings don't collectively look all that. I've been extremely dissapointed in Schneiderlin. Klassen, Rooney & Sigurdsson are all number 10s. Crowding eachother out. Sandro is not the answer to replacing Lukaku. He doesn't even look like he'll get 5 goals never mind 25.

i have no idea what formation and tactics he's playing. Other than pile as much pressure on us and we'll hope for the best. Dross. Not quite as bad as Martinez yet but not far off.

Ok so by the end of this season (maybe midway) we'll know more- but to knee jerk after losing to Chelsea and Tottenham is just madness. Give it until mid season and see where we are- I may be agreeing but we have made that many changes (too many imo but I blame Martinez for that for saddling us with utter shite) that they will never hit the ground running.

The core of what we had good is gone - Barkley and Lukaku. We are crying out for Barkley in the midfield. We are missing Coleman for sure. 

the team just isn't a balanced one. No pace. But that's down to him he's spent the money on the wrong players IMO. 

I have no idea why he went and spent £40m on Sigurdsson when we need a goalscorer. That's where he's messed up. He didn't fancy Deulofeu sent him out on loan, doesn't fancy Mirallas or Lennon. There is zero pace in that side

17 minutes ago, Paddock said:

I may well be wrong MC, I'mnot proclaiming to be right but he needs to be given time otherwise we will never know. To fuck him off now is absolute madness, we'vejust let him spunk a shit load of money so we're past the point of no retirn- for now. I'm not going to scream for his head after 4 games, I wanted Martinez out (as did you) after the succesful seadon but ai waited and waited until it was blatantly obvious.

koemans going nowhere, I've never once said he was the answer, alls I've said is he deserves a chance- Martinez got 3 seasons so lets see where we are beginning of next season.

Martinez had a great first season.. He concentrated on Europa second season and had a very good campaign. He didn't get a chance after fluffing his lines the the third season.... And didn't spend half as much as Koeman is about to.

We haven't just been poor against top four sides. We were shit against stoke at home. This scares me. No idea on the pitch and never look like winning a game.

1 minute ago, MC11 said:

The core of what we had good is gone - Barkley and Lukaku. We are crying out for Barkley in the midfield. We are missing Coleman for sure. 

the team just isn't a balanced one. No pace.

I agree- I don't know why we didn't force Lukaku to stay another year or why we never broke the bank to replace him but that doesn't fall at Koemans door- that's the board.

1 minute ago, yamar said:

Martinez had a great first season.. He concentrated on Europa second season and had a very good campaign. He didn't get a chance after fluffing his lines the the third season.... And didn't spend half as much as Koeman is about to.

We haven't just been poor against top four sides. We were shit against stoke at home. This scares me. No idea on the pitch and never look like winning a game.

Martinezwon 4 home games in his final season, his second wasn't much better- he saddled us with utter shite.

8 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Martinezwon 4 home games in his final season, his second wasn't much better- he saddled us with utter shite.

It's funny that "he saddled us" yet I've heard quotes on here since Saturday stating that we'd be better with Barry, McCarthy, rom etc... Back in our side for some fight.... Read the posts. Koeman has killed what good was in Martinez's side. Barkley, Del, mirallas..etc

59 minutes ago, Palfy said:

This is the people's club mate not Moshiri's or Koeman's, as one of the people say what you believe to be true you have the right.

On my eighth Guinness but it's not the ale speaking it's the heart and passion for the people's club our club.

fair comment, but I had meant it as if not a joke, then a minor witticism.

2 minutes ago, yamar said:

It's funny that "he saddled us" yet I've heard quotes on here since Saturday stating that we'd be better with Barry, McCarthy, rom etc... Back in our side for some fight.... Read the posts. Koeman has killed what good was in Martinez's side. Barkley, Del, mirallas..etc

you're coming across like a troll now.

7 minutes ago, yamar said:

Completely agree we had a good squad of players when Koeman took over, yes we needed to add one or two and sort the defensive part of our game but he systematically destroyed the team by getting rid of and leaving out the players he didn't acquire.

Remember the beginning of last season were second after five games with the team he inherited and we looked good, then he started to change things with his own buys and it went down hill from there, the next fifteen games was horrendous, we then had a  resurgence again using more of the inherited team.

And now with nearly all the inherited players gone or dropped we look shit the worst I've seen since I can remember, if he had inherited the worst team In the league and he had no money to get what he wanted I could understand it, but he never and in just over a year he's spent over 250M and some how managed to make us a poorer team for it, in all honesty it is un fucking believable that we are still discussing him as our manager.

Whatever Pad. I know better than to try with you  haha. 

Lets put it straight. There is a chance we can compete with Arsenal, that's easy to comprehend... for some. You don't agree, buts that's just opinion... again fine. Mine is that we should be competing with them, and the manager has had plenty of time and money to achieve, or at least attempt it. 

So far we have looked lifeless and devoid of all fight. Arsenal have also looked dire.  As Everton football club, we should be striving to compete with them.

48 minutes ago, Paddock said:

you're coming across like a troll now.

Nothing to do with 'trolling'pad. You can't keep putting everyone in the troll basket everytime they have a difference of opinion to yourself.

Every manager need time, but I'm just worried that if he pisses anymore money up the wall and at the end of the season we are further away than were we started, you may find moshiri tighten his purse strings when someone gets a chance to spend on what they think will take us forward. 

5 minutes ago, yamar said:

Nothing to do with 'trolling'pad. You can't keep putting everyone in the troll basket everytime they have a difference of opinion to yourself.

Every manager need time, but I'm just worried that if he pisses anymore money up the wall and at the end of the season we are further away than were we started, you may find moshiri tighten his purse strings when someone gets a chance to spend on what they think will take us forward. 

His purse strings? As far as I can see he hasn't spent anything in the transfer windows. Everything has been paid for with player sales and Sky money 

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

His purse strings? As far as I can see he hasn't spent anything in the transfer windows. Everything has been paid for with player sales and Sky money 

V.true but when it comes to opening it then, would you give him anymore money?

Just now, yamar said:

V.true but when it comes to opening it then, would you give him anymore money?

Whether I would or not is pretty irrelevant really - he will get it. 

Im not entirely happy with some of the signings, but I won't be throwing the lack of striker at his door - that's firmly the fault of Walsh et al. Things would look a lot better if we'd managed that signing, but some of this is absolutely on Koeman. 

Today's Telegraph Sport quotes Schneiderlin:   'He (Koeman) told us we needed to be more aggressive and show more on the ball.  The manager is someone who is very calm when he analyses things.  He analysed things very well at half-time, explaining the mistakes we had made and trying to change things for the better'.

So,  we were 2- 0 down at half-time (including a fluke goal)  and his changes 'for the better' resulted in us conceding another.   Maybe my memory is failing me but after the Man City game,  didn't RK say he had got the tactics wrong in the first half?  I hope that getting them wrong in the first half against Spurs doesn't indicate a pattern.

30 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Could be worse...could have got De Boer. Now sacked after 4 games with  Palace.

He was 2nd most popular choice on here.

Shows how crazy football can be...it surely can't be justifiable to sack him after 4 games?!

Im pretty sure he was first. For some reason after RK was appointed the votes for him shot up. Either people were changing their vote or voting for him post appointment to make themselves feel better.

1 hour ago, Aidan Lewis said:

Im pretty sure he was first. For some reason after RK was appointed the votes for him shot up. Either people were changing their vote or voting for him post appointment to make themselves feel better.

Was he? Crikey. Wouldn't surprise me mind, he won 4 Dutch titles on the bounce so his pedigree would have been fairly high.

Is that his 2nd sacking since leaving Ajax? Was he with a Milan team???

16 hours ago, Paddock said:

And how many did we win away last season? 

All I know is that our performances against City/Chelsea/Spurs this season have been as bad as I can remember. No threat, absolutely battered in each game and it has nothing to do with the squad gelling, getting used to his system etc. It is exactly what it is, the wrong type of players in the wrong tactical set up. 

I don't think Liverpool have a great squad but they tore City apart in the first half. We are light years from that. 

Things must improve and improve quickly!

Its not losing to city or spurs that worries me, its that I cant see any improvements or clear ideas about how they are to defend at all. 

Its the lack of change, the shape of the team and the lack of movement from the side. Either Koeman doesnt see it or he lacks the ability to make a change. 

Ill give him a few more games before i start calling for his head but I did learn something from Martinez. And thats to not defend the coach for too long if there is a lack of change. 

16 minutes ago, Peter H said:

Its not losing to city or spurs that worries me, its that I cant see any improvements or clear ideas about how they are to defend at all. 

Its the lack of change, the shape of the team and the lack of movement from the side. Either Koeman doesnt see it or he lacks the ability to make a change. 

Ill give him a few more games before i start calling for his head but I did learn something from Martinez. And thats to not defend the coach for too long if there is a lack of change. 

This is my point.... it's not the losses as such. It's the fact that we look completely void of any style or idea of how to play. 

Just very very moyes for me. 

We went the best part of a decade without a decent striker and still held our own. The team has a weak backbone. Centre halves aren't great and the centre mids are a level below Stoke's ffs. 

Good things is if Unsworth took over there's two kids Davies and Holgate who will help fill that void down the middle of the park. 

15 minutes ago, pete0 said:

We went the best part of a decade without a decent striker and still held our own. The team has a weak backbone. Centre halves aren't great and the centre mids are a level below Stoke's ffs. 

Good things is if Unsworth took over there's two kids Davies and Holgate who will help fill that void down the middle of the park. 

Which of Stokes midfielders are better than Gana and Schneiderlin?