IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

34 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Contrary to certain opinion, Lampard has suggested Dom is still working his way back to fitness. 

Sharpness isn’t fitness.  

sorry, just to explain to you, match sharpness is speed of thought, speed of execution, accuracy/precision.  That’s what they use drills for.

he is fully fit as confirmed in his pre West Ham press conference. So yeah, he can maybe run about a bit more. 

23 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Sharpness isn’t fitness.  

sorry, just to explain to you, match sharpness is speed of thought, speed of execution, accuracy/precision.  That’s what they use drills for.

he is fully fit as confirmed in his pre West Ham press conference. So yeah, he can maybe run about a bit more. 

"Good to go again" implies a fitness issue.

6 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

The balance of the season is his primary opportunity to prove he should be in England's World Cup squad. He really needs to give his all in our remaining games.

Would be good if we actually played to our strikers strengths too...

I have watched him slide into tackles with full backs, chase down lost causes and earn corner kicks from nothing…. And winning headers.

I don’t think it’s a lack of effort. I feel it’s sharpness. He got the post with his left, when ultimately should have done better. He then hit a powerful shot from outside the area that went straight to the keepers chest. 

But in the same match didn’t Richie have  two one on ones and miss the target with both? 

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Would be good if we actually played to our strikers strengths too...

It would but I can’t see us getting the balls in and around the 6 yard box for him to get a run at. I’ve got him as first goal scorer thinking we get a penalty. 

43 minutes ago, Bailey said:

"Good to go again" implies a fitness issue.

Did you watch the interview? Did you hear the context? No. Please Bailey stfu, it’s under an hour before kick off and I’m not looking at my bells that probably indicate you fancy trying to wow toffeetalk with your bollocks. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Did you watch the interview? Did you hear the context? No. Please Bailey stfu, it’s under an hour before kick off and I’m not looking at my bells that probably indicate you fancy trying to wow toffeetalk with your bollocks. 

Yes I have. 

The interviewer asks whether Dom is good to go again after playing 78 minutes against West Ham.

Lampard says he was stiff before the West Ham game and he needs to be managed with 3 games coming up in a short space especially in light of his injuries this season. I don't know how you can see that as anything other than a fitness issue.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2563273/on-demand-lampards-press-conference

Its around 6.48.

Ill look forward to your apology. 

30 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Yes I have. 

The interviewer asks whether Dom is good to go again after playing 78 minutes against West Ham.

Lampard says he was stiff before the West Ham game and he needs to be managed with 3 games coming up in a short space especially in light of his injuries this season. I don't know how you can see that as anything other than a fitness issue.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2563273/on-demand-lampards-press-conference

Its around 6.48.

Ill look forward to your apology. 

”managing” him correctly with 3 games in a short space of time refers to increased chance of muscle tear without full post match recovery.  Fuck all to do with not being fit, he refers to sharpness not fitness. 

He’s just stunk the gaff out and was fit enough to do 90 minutes whereas Gordon was gassed after 70??!!! Yet here you are point scoring like a prize pretentious nob. In a relegation battle and you are right into winning a debate over a player who gave us fuck all tonight  

Have a night off Bailey, your hipster “I know everything about footy and even if it’s a point I agree on I will actually point out some small Irrelevant contradictory technicality that makes me look smarter” 

Pathetic. You were trying to rouse a debate before kick off in the biggest game in years. More arsed about looking like a smart arse than Everton. 

he’s a disgrace and so are you for not reading the room well.  Waiting for an apology? How’s about fuck off. 

13 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

”managing” him correctly with 3 games in a short space of time refers to increased chance of muscle tear without full post match recovery.  Fuck all to do with not being fit, he refers to sharpness not fitness. 

He’s just stunk the gaff out and was fit enough to do 90 minutes whereas Gordon was gassed after 70??!!! Yet here you are point scoring like a prize pretentious nob. In a relegation battle and you are right into winning a debate over a player who gave us fuck all tonight  

Have a night off Bailey, your hipster “I know everything about footy and even if it’s a point I agree on I will actually point out some small Irrelevant contradictory technicality that makes me look smarter” 

Pathetic. You were trying to rouse a debate before kick off in the biggest game in years. More arsed about looking like a smart arse than Everton. 

he’s a disgrace and so are you for not reading the room well.  Waiting for an apology? How’s about fuck off. 

Classy response! 👏

20 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Really any need for that? Just have the debate or don’t. Doesn’t need to get offensive, and certainly doesn’t need questioning someone’s care for the club. You’re better than that Haf, and wouldn’t like it if someone said the same if you. 

Just now, Bailey said:

Classy response! 👏

It’s all you deserve. You piped up with tweet that you didn’t even have any context of to fire a shot at me. 
  Nothing more than a sanctimonious WUM who is more arsed about getting into a debate someone over a player who has downed tools.

I like many on here are hurting cos we love the club more than shithouses like Dom, and certainly more than you who uses Everton posts as some sort of vanity exercise. Full of shit mate, absolutely full of shit and you need calling out for it, 

Just now, StevO said:

Really any need for that? Just have the debate or don’t. Doesn’t need to get offensive, and certainly doesn’t need questioning someone’s care for the club. You’re better than that Haf, and wouldn’t like it if someone said the same if you. 

Not arsed Steve. I’m hurting and he’s being a prick.  

night all. 

4 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It’s all you deserve. You piped up with tweet that you didn’t even have any context of to fire a shot at me. 
  Nothing more than a sanctimonious WUM who is more arsed about getting into a debate someone over a player who has downed tools.

I like many on here are hurting cos we love the club more than shithouses like Dom, and certainly more than you who uses Everton posts as some sort of vanity exercise. Full of shit mate, absolutely full of shit and you need calling out for it, 

The press conference is clear. I don't see how there can be any dispute over its context.

You just don't like being wrong and it being pointed out to you in black and white. You just go on these offensive rants and ironically everything you accuse me of is contained within your own posts (whataboutery, needless debates, vanity, not accepting being wrong etc etc.).

I am here to talk about Everton and I won't stop doing that. If you don't like what I have to say then it is very easy to block my posts. 

56 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I must say - I agree with whoever this is…

we aren't asking him to recapture form.... I've never seen him as anything other than a manufactured footballer created from an elite athlete.  He's not and never been a natural finisher - many of his goals from 6 yards look like miskicks/bundled in.  He can't strike a ball properly, his actual heading isn't very good.

Everything that gave him a chance in the game was down to his ability to run quick, work hard, jump high - and from that he should get maybe 10-15 goals a season due to his output allowing other players higher up the pitch which gives him the scraps to feed off.

So the whole "needs to recover form" is nonsense to me.  He scored a shedload of goals under Carlo cos at the time we had a James Rodriguez who was "up for it".... when he wasn't look what happened to DCL.  I'd score a hatful in a team with arguably the best technical footballer I have seen in a blue shirt and likely to see for some time.

DCL has one thing he needs to do which is what Richarlison did the other night - "work hard", by that I mean press and challenge with a will to win the ball - not token close down gestures....remember the goal he scored against Man United where he closed down De Gea?  That's closing down..... he bottled it several time vs Pope the other night.

I am very frustrated with DCL like many in this thread but I am still hoping DCL can recapture some form... We do not have goals in the side at the moment. 

Do think his levels are poor at the moment but even if he was running all over the pitch and putting in 110% effort, the service we are getting into the final third is also VERY poor.  Would really like to see Gordon, Gray, Richarlison, and DCL trying to set each other up.  At least trying to work together.  All four of those are looking to shoot most of the time.  Our defense and midfield have their own huge problems at the moment (which I won't go into now) but we can't expect them to provide all of the assists.  I remember being angry during the Burnley game when Richarlison chipped that very short pass to DCL to head in that obviously did not work out.  I remember thinking why didn't Richarlison just hit it? He is so close.  Later though, I got to thinking "Wow did one of our players pass to another in the box?".  This does not happen enough, basics of the game type of stuff.  Blasting hard shots has been our tactic all season.  I mean that works sometimes but a lot of the time it is going into either a sea of bodies or hitting the moon.  You can see this in how few goals Richarlison, Gray, and Gordon have and why Townsend is still our top scorer with his last in October and is out for the season.

Further reasons we need the attackers to work with each other... our fullbacks can't cross and Iwobi/Gomes are the only players that can play a slide rule pass.  So we cannot depend on those things.  Not saying Gordon or Gray need to become the most creative players overnight but what about getting to line and cutting it back or using their dribbling ability to draw pressure and then lay it off or just a simple square ball every once in a while?  Not saying everyone should exist to just serve balls to DCL but it can't be 100% in the other direction either.

Each week everyone is on how bad our defense is but so is our offense.  The entire 11 needs to wake up.

49 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

I am very frustrated with DCL like many in this thread but I am still hoping DCL can recapture some form... We do not have goals in the side at the moment. 

Do think his levels are poor at the moment but even if he was running all over the pitch and putting in 110% effort, the service we are getting into the final third is also VERY poor.  Would really like to see Gordon, Gray, Richarlison, and DCL trying to set each other up.  At least trying to work together.  All four of those are looking to shoot most of the time.  Our defense and midfield have their own huge problems at the moment (which I won't go into now) but we can't expect them to provide all of the assists.  I remember being angry during the Burnley game when Richarlison chipped that very short pass to DCL to head in that obviously did not work out.  I remember thinking why didn't Richarlison just hit it? He is so close.  Later though, I got to thinking "Wow did one of our players pass to another in the box?".  This does not happen enough, basics of the game type of stuff.  Blasting hard shots has been our tactic all season.  I mean that works sometimes but a lot of the time it is going into either a sea of bodies or hitting the moon.  You can see this in how few goals Richarlison, Gray, and Gordon have and why Townsend is still our top scorer with his last in October and is out for the season.

Further reasons we need the attackers to work with each other... our fullbacks can't cross and Iwobi/Gomes are the only players that can play a slide rule pass.  So we cannot depend on those things.  Not saying Gordon or Gray need to become the most creative players overnight but what about getting to line and cutting it back or using their dribbling ability to draw pressure and then lay it off or just a simple square ball every once in a while?  Not saying everyone should exist to just serve balls to DCL but it can't be 100% in the other direction either.

Each week everyone is on how bad our defense is but so is our offense.  The entire 11 needs to wake up.

Again - the position we are in is not about a striker having "form" and being Johnny on the spot - Man City don't even have that luxury so how the heck do we?! - all of their players are expected to work.

The goals will come from a loose ball in the box, the opponents making a mistake, a shot on goal and a rebound.... we are not going to score well worked goals.  We need to make our own luck - it comes through hard work.

We need to outwork the opponents - DCL does not play the game with the attitude that he once did.  He was a phenomenal worker, absolutely nightmare for centre halves to play against - and he needed to be that player because he cant dribble and he cant shoot.  He doesn't pin centre halves at the moment, he gives them an easy time.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Again - the position we are in is not about a striker having "form" and being Johnny on the spot - Man City don't even have that luxury so how the heck do we?! - all of their players are expected to work.

The goals will come from a loose ball in the box, the opponents making a mistake, a shot on goal and a rebound.... we are not going to score well worked goals.  We need to make our own luck - it comes through hard work.

We need to outwork the opponents - DCL does not play the game with the attitude that he once did.  He was a phenomenal worker, absolutely nightmare for centre halves to play against - and he needed to be that player because he cant dribble and he cant shoot.  He doesn't pin centre halves at the moment, he gives them an easy time.

DCL certainly needs to work WAY harder but if we are just solely waiting on rebounds, loose balls, and mistakes it is going to be long end to the season.  Basically my post was to agree with the views on DCL but point out that even if (but hopefully when) he works harder there are still major failings between all the attackers.  Much easier to defend someone if you know they are going to shoot and not pass.

The counter argument would be if the striker worked harder, then there might be more link up between the attackers but I still wonder about that...  Hopefully everyone works harder but also works together.

2 hours ago, patto said:

DCLs modelling career has ruined his footballing career let's be honest any centre back looking at him in the stuff he wears just think nothing to worry about their then he's just getting brushed aside so easily at the moment.

Their fans were getting at him on Wednesday 

5 minutes ago, plaidharper said:

I take it back @Hafnia.  Deflections, rebounds, loose balls, and mistakes will do me just fine.

This is it mate.   Been here 3 times before.  All hands to pump….. speaking of which, dcl needs to go. Has no part of the team.

put into perspective… all the excuses thrown at DCL because of injury - Delph has missed weeks, Is far older and he showed dcl what a shift is.