IGNORED

Dominic Calvert-Lewin

43 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

when you are a multi million earning footballer you need to be extremely careful as to how you are perceived in this day and age of mercenaries. 

But the perception isn’t the same for everyone. As you can see in just this thread, many don’t care. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Oh sorry have I miss read that there is an undercurrent that dcls criticism is based on biggoted opinions?

I think if that was the case here on TT more people would call it out. I’m sure that applies to some of the shit he’s been getting on Twitter, but I’ve not thought thats been the case with you personally. 

Face to face speaking makes words seem different guys.

Do you actually think that Dom meant that he does this…. Just to divide opinion?

Or do you think he meant he enjoys doing the things that divide opinion? Which is a million times away from what is being said. And errr…. What he is actually being quoted as saying isn’t it?

Is he actually walking around the pitch like he doesn’t care, or is he actually trying to follow instruction…. But he isn’t capable of performing at the minute due to being not fit enough, or being massively off form? 

Are we all capable of talking ourselves into believing our own agenda so much that it warps with reality? I’ll admit that I am very capable of that. Maybe agenda is the wrong word, but I’m sure you know what I mean.

5 hours ago, StevO said:

But the perception isn’t the same for everyone. As you can see in just this thread, many don’t care. 

Maybe because many have lost site of what’s most important, now be careful you don’t chip your nail vanish responding 😂

He's going,, let's face it. Things have turned sour since his injury, photo shoots, statements from him, January rumours of transfer and then lack of regaining fitness and desire for the club. Not surprising that some have turned against him. 2019-21 he couldn't do anything wrong for me now he will go and we move on.

I have no issue with his off-field activities bar one: It was terribly inappropriate to become a TV pundit, let alone for a game in which his team was playing. How can you be a pundit without publicly giving your opinions about the teams on the field? Criticize the manager or teammates or strategy or owners? That's not a position to put yourself in.

I was also wondering about making a move for Nketiah as he is out of contract. He needs to go to a club where he will play plenty plenty of football, so no point in him going to a top 6 club.

If he is deem a contract rebel because he want so go to a club where he will be higher up the pecking order and get first team playing time then young hungry players like this are who I want to see at the club. If we lose Richarlison and DCL this summer - there will be plenty of opportunity for a young lad like Nketiah to play first team football.

Having just forked out for Mikolenko and Patterson in the last transfer window - we can now honestly sell ourselves to other players as THE CLUB who are looking to build a new fresh team from hungry young talent. 

I think a team like Everton is the ideal place for somebody like him to come too. Iwobi have a little word in his ear on how great it is under Lampard et al!! 

17 hours ago, plaidharper said:

Dele really hasn't pulled up any trees since his arrival to be honest.  Have to feel for Rondon though.  Will just have to trust Frank has a read on the dressing room.

I’ll say it again and again. He’s finished in a blue shirt. Watch 

RE. Ali, he’s not been given the chances DCL has. DCL is currently playing like Ali was a Spurs