IGNORED

Jordan Pickford

1 hour ago, Goodison Glory said:

I don't believe that Moshri is letting the board influence any significant decisions now.

MSP could also have an agreement that says while they are negotiating with us, major financial decisions need to be run by them. Selling one of the club's main financial assets certainly falls into that bucket. 

Indeed, other deals would pail in comparison.

6 hours ago, StevO said:

I’ve said it before, but if anyone wants him it needs to be a world record fee. He has just signed a long term deal, so if he’s going he has to be the most expensive keeper ever. 

I don’t want him to go, but I feel like if he did then many folks on here would be disappointed by the fee. Honestly, he’s done so much for us that holding out on a world record fee would be pretty crazy (if he wanted to go which I don’t think he does). He’s not the best keeper in the world, IMO. 

9 hours ago, Sibdane said:

I don’t want him to go, but I feel like if he did then many folks on here would be disappointed by the fee. Honestly, he’s done so much for us that holding out on a world record fee would be pretty crazy (if he wanted to go which I don’t think he does). He’s not the best keeper in the world, IMO. 

Harry Maguire wasn't the best defender in the world either.

Any fee would largely be down to how desperate another club would be to sign him. 

If a club or clubs are desperate for him, then that might be an indication of lack of alternatives in the market. If he was sold then finding our own new keeper becomes our priority. Like we haven't already got enough problems this summer.

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I think we have a release clause for him.   I’d be fuming if this is true though. 

I thought that was squashed the day after he signed?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jordan-pickford-set-to-sign-new-everton-deal-with-no-relegation-clause-2lbbf7xv8#:~:text=Jordan Pickford's new contract at,35 million to the goalkeeper.

No relegation clause apparently 

58 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Seen a post saying it’s a smart move by Pickfords representatives. 

I guess this is because they have a feeling the club will actively try and sell him and make out he wants to go. 

Or something not quite so cynical....perhaps they are reacting to the paper talk and are in tune with the fan base and our nervousness and wanted to put our minds at rest.