• Phil Jagielka
    • Leighton Baines
    • Idrissa Gana Gueye
    • James McCarthy
    • Ross Barkley
    • Enner Valencia
    • Romelu Lukaku
    • Aaron Lennon

What a surprise we have a whole host of players to choose from!

Finally I have to think about who I want to give it to. Much, much better, well deserved, finally we battled for second balls and won them, finally we pressed a team, finally we looked like a team that cared.

I'm going to go with Seamus Coleman, although it could have gone to McCarthey, Valencia or Gueye respectively.

Coleman needs to take the captaincy next season.

Edited by AidanLewis

McCarthy for me.

He was immense tonight, bags of energy and back to his snapping tackles.

Thought Coleman, Baines and Barkley were great too.

Mention for Valencia too as he looked dangerous.

Also a mention for the young lad Calvert Lewyn, what a cameo.

His challenge for the corner made the space for Williams and he also got on a few corners both ends.

We had a poor first half despite the late goal - Enner Valencia was the only one who showed any quality in the first 40mins. He started to drop off the pace before he was substituted but toiled hard to beat his man and make good runs. I didn't think Baines played too bad either.

Barkley was dreadful early, put in a great corner for the winner, and then screwed up the easiest of goals at the end - I think he's getting a bit too much praise for this game. Coleman and Williams were both poor defensively but chipped in goals.

Disagree with the Barkley comment I thought he played well tonight its the first time we've played like a team in ages. Valencia why have you been sat on the bench? McCarthey where's that type of display been all season? Coleman back to his busy best, hope this wasn't a one off. Valencia gets my vote just.

Valencia, Gana, Coleman, McCarthy, Baines for that block, Stekkers for those gargantuan punches, Rom running everywhere....

Seriously have to think about this

think Coleman for me, only remember 1 mistake which nearly cost us but otherwise back to his old self and got a goal at a crucial time

Disagree with the Barkley comment I thought he played well tonight its the first time we've played like a team in ages. Valencia why have you been sat on the bench? McCarthey where's that type of display been all season? Coleman back to his busy best, hope this wasn't a one off. Valencia gets my vote just.

You know what? I don't like saying it but I honestly thought Barkley was awful.

I went with McCarthy. He's been through a tough patch with people questioning whether he should be at the club.

It was a vintage performance from him. Coleman, Lennon and Valencia also had top games.

Why wait for next season to give Coleman the arm band. He's absolutely worth giving it to and really does lead by example as well as being vocal on the pitch, demanding more of the players.

Who took the armband when Jagielka was sent off?