IGNORED

Theo Walcott

5 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

i never wanted him here said he was overrated, i was proven right.  we should have sold him this summer, i'd rather see DCL on the wing than see walcott in the game.

You know to sell something there has to be a buyer right?

and then you need the player to agree too? 

But yeah, should have sold the player who didn’t want to leave, to a club that didn’t want to buy him. 

9 minutes ago, StevO said:

You know to sell something there has to be a buyer right?

and then you need the player to agree too? 

But yeah, should have sold the player who didn’t want to leave, to a club that didn’t want to buy him. 

Agreed. Why do we assume that people will buy our rejects off us? Who would realistically want to sign Theo and pay him upwards of 100k a week (he wont move for less money will he).

Cant think of any Prem team - if QPR were still about then maybe, but currently none. Southampton may want to for nostalgia but would not pay anywhere close to 100k

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I’m sure they wouldn’t because he’s still here 

I think we wanted to keep him as a bench and rotation player otherwise he would have been off.  It would have been too many incomings and outgoing for one window.  If we land a solid replacement come winter I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to a lower table side to get more playing time.

8 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

I think we wanted to keep him as a bench and rotation player otherwise he would have been off.  It would have been too many incomings and outgoing for one window.  If we land a solid replacement come winter I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to a lower table side to get more playing time.

I hope your right, he's not giving a good return on our investment, biggest issue will be other teams  meeting his pay. 

• 9 months later...
44 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's injured now too. He's had surgery and will miss games.

This restart is going briliiantly for us so far and we haven't even had a game yet.

Yep out for at least a month

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/evertons-theo-walcott-ruled-out-22170357

They are dropping like flys and we haven’t even started playing games yet , not to mention we are now down to only two centre backs!

It’s shame that these players all have such small back yards. If they had something a bit bigger, they could have kept themselves to a high level of fitness whole they were getting paid for nothing. 
I know it doesn’t compare to match fitness, but they really should be responsible enough to stay fit.

Im actually the fittest I have been for years due to this haha. Which doesn’t equate to much!

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

It’s shame that these players all have such small back yards. If they had something a bit bigger, they could have kept themselves to a high level of fitness whole they were getting paid for nothing. 
I know it doesn’t compare to match fitness, but they really should be responsible enough to stay fit.

Im actually the fittest I have been for years due to this haha. Which doesn’t equate to much!

Walcott had been doing lots to keep fit, so that's unfair.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Walcott had been doing lots to keep fit, so that's unfair.

These players, not player. 
I don’t think it’s unfair though at all, still getting thousands a week... in my opinion keeping for should be the absolute minimum any player should do. Keeping on top physical condition should be a minimum for me.

Getting injured in a normal circumstance is bad luck, ie, could have happened to any player at any time, regardless of this set of circumstances.

If it comes out these players are getting injured due to not being fit enough, then sorry, but that’s on the individuals.

question: you come back from a month holiday after the end of the season, and train and play friendlies. Why is this so different?

Not starting an argument by the way, just asking for thoughts. I don’t see what the big deal is about them starting to play again myself. I think at their age they should be able to keep up a level of fitness that should allow them 3 or 4 weeks of training to get ready for matches.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

These players, not player. 
I don’t think it’s unfair though at all, still getting thousands a week... in my opinion keeping for should be the absolute minimum any player should do. Keeping on top physical condition should be a minimum for me.

Getting injured in a normal circumstance is bad luck, ie, could have happened to any player at any time, regardless of this set of circumstances.

If it comes out these players are getting injured due to not being fit enough, then sorry, but that’s on the individuals.

question: you come back from a month holiday after the end of the season, and train and play friendlies. Why is this so different?

Not starting an argument by the way, just asking for thoughts. I don’t see what the big deal is about them starting to play again myself. I think at their age they should be able to keep up a level of fitness that should allow them 3 or 4 weeks of training to get ready for matches.

Because they're compacting the fitness programme. They play at a much higher intensity that they usually get twice as long to work up to. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of muscle injuries across the league. 

The first few games back any teams with natural fitness freaks are gonna have a massive advantage.

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

Because they're compacting the fitness programme. They play at a much higher intensity that they usually get twice as long to work up to. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of muscle injuries across the league. 

The first few games back any teams with natural fitness freaks are gonna have a massive advantage.

Exactly this. And if it wasn’t going to be an issue they wouldn’t be allowing five subs. 
Everyone in the sport knows there is massive increase in the risk and likelihood of injury. 

10 hours ago, pete0 said:

I don’t disagree, but I do tho k they have a responsibility to keep themselves at peak fitness levels as well. 
I will hate to hear the excuses that due to the lockdown certain players weren’t able to keep fit enough to play..... if that was the case, it would be the same for pretty much every player, or at the least the majority. 

But I’m guessing there will be the odd two or three from each team that selectively suffer more. 

10 hours ago, Shukes said:

I don’t disagree, but I do tho k they have a responsibility to keep themselves at peak fitness levels as well. 
I will hate to hear the excuses that due to the lockdown certain players weren’t able to keep fit enough to play..... if that was the case, it would be the same for pretty much every player, or at the least the majority. 

But I’m guessing there will be the odd two or three from each team that selectively suffer more. 

They will all be at peak fitness. Injuries aren’t happening because they aren’t fit enough. 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

Injuries are happening because even though they are fit, they are increasing their workload quicker than they normally would after an extended break. 

I totally understand that, and so are every other player in the football world. So really.... we shouldn’t suffer any more than any other team.

Which is fabulous!

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/06/2020 at 23:20, markjazzbassist said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this but we need Theo back.  He offers pace and can link with DCL and richarlison on counter attacks helping to stretch their defense.  

Massively surprised how many up votes this got! Having another option is always preferred but he won’t be a game changer. Let’s not forget we’ve got a draw against the best club in the league (And created the best chances) and beat the bottom team away (albeit not comfortably). Theo started against Norwich in the reverse which imo was our worse performance of the season (in the league) and didn’t cover himself in glory. He’s been ok this year but nothing more. I think the break may have skewed peoples memories.

On 24/06/2020 at 23:20, markjazzbassist said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this but we need Theo back.  He offers pace and can link with DCL and richarlison on counter attacks helping to stretch their defense.  

And he can read the game, he also as the fitness levels required to get up and down the line. 
Unfortunately you’re saying this and people are agreeing, because we haven’t seen anything better of late, which is a sad indictment of our poor spending over the last 4 years. 

5 hours ago, barryj said:

Massively surprised how many up votes this got! Having another option is always preferred but he won’t be a game changer. Let’s not forget we’ve got a draw against the best club in the league (And creates the best chances) and beat the bottom team away (albeit not comfortably). Theo started against Norwich in the reverse which imo was our worse performance of the season (in the league) and didn’t cover himself in glory. He’s been ok this year but nothing more. I think the break may have skewed peoples memories.

I completely agree. It's a very common thing for football fans to hype up the player who isn't playing only to slag him off when he comes back in and does crap.

It's amazing how often a player on the sidelines becomes a better player when the team is playing badly!