IGNORED

Theo Walcott

On 13/11/2018 at 18:38, Cornish Steve said:

I was chatting today with an English football fan in the office. He’s a Gunners fan, but he watched our game against Chelsea and was impressed. In his words, “you have one weak link: Walcott.” I agree with him. 

He sounds like an idiot 😉

• 2 weeks later...

There's been a lot of shouts for Walcott to be dropped for Lookman, I agree Lookman should be given more of an opportunity but not at the expense of Walcott he has a habit even if he's having a poor game to do something that changes a game as he did today with his assist for Gylfi's goal, he is also very mindful of helping Coleman out who hasn't been himself lately would Lookman think that way.

I think Bernard should be the player to make way for Lookman, for me he looks busy be doesn't produce anything of note he does little tracking back to back up Digne, but it gets unnoticed more because of how good Digne is.

So yes give Lookman his opportunity but for Bernard not Walcott.

Good shout Palfy. Fellas near me were giving Theo shit all game, but the lad still makes things happen. Lookman did look good and exciting when he came on, but we should take into account that it’s against tired legs, I do agree he’s pushing for a start. With the derby up next I wouldn’t play Lookman or Bernard. 

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

I thought he had one of his better games. The front 4 didnt really click for most of the game but he was the one that did.

That being said he still missed a massive chance which luckily fell to Siggy. 

Lucky, but he went with the text book going to the far post so it comes back into play. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Lucky, but he went with the text book going to the far post so it comes back into play. 

I get what your saying but Im not going to congratulate a premier league player for a textbook decision. 

He should be finishing it with that much time and space. Thats what he is paid to do. 

He isnt the only one guilty of missing good chances though so its not just him, its a symptom of the whole front 4.

I thought it brave of Silva to make a half time substitution. He brought him on at half time and he appeared for a moment whicj got us a goal. 

What I don’t like is him giving up on balls as soon as they leave a team mates foot and then looking at them, when I look at other players sprinting after lost causes and making something from them. Im sure I’ve watched him give up on a ball thinking it’s going out, only to watch a defender run past him, keep it in, and pass it to another defender. 

Pace on the ball, a slug off it.

4 hours ago, aaron said:

He lost his granddad over the last few days, might explain why he was abit off the pace recently. I thought something was up when he came off and Silva gave him a long embrace.

That going.to be tough for him, not sure he should have been picked though iunder those circumstances, better to give him a bit of compassionate time out. 

4 hours ago, aaron said:

He lost his granddad over the last few days, might explain why he was abit off the pace recently. I thought something was up when he came off and Silva gave him a long embrace. 

Thoughts are with his family.

Be class if he scored a merseyside winner in honour!

Now's the chance for Lookman to start ahead of Theo. Hasn't been firing at all lately and hope he can get back on form and that everything is okay with his mental state at this moment in time. 

He's missed chance after chance in recent weeks and could have had a goal today. Lookman looks a lot more dangerous.

Just now, Aidan said:

Now's the chance for Lookman to start ahead of Theo. Hasn't been firing at all lately and hope he can get back on form and that everything is okay with his mental state at this moment in time. 

He's missed chance after chance in recent weeks and could have had a goal today. Lookman looks a lot more dangerous.

He could’ve had an assist too. Lookman did look very good when he game on, and that needs recognition if he’s to improve 

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

He could’ve had an assist too. Lookman did look very good when he game on, and that needs recognition if he’s to improve 

December could be a good time for the two to go head to head to fight for a spot. Lots of fixtures which could bring the best out of the two 

I’m guessing that part of the reason he is still in the starting XI over Lookman is the role he is been asked to play, and suited too.

Walcott is holding a higher line always making runs in behind the defence.  On the other wing Bernard comes to the ball more often to link up rather than looking to run behind (generally not always).

Lookman’s natural game looks to be to come and link up like Bernard.

Squad balance for the team style of play may be one of the reasons he is holding Lookman out of the team.

7 hours ago, hafnia said:

Why what did he do?

Lookman is a far better player than Walcott.  

Walcott kept Robertson quiet all the time he was on, the guy hardly had a touch in our half and his game is all about getting down the line putting crosses in and combinations with the front players but not today Walcott had him in his pocket.

Then Lookman comes on and Robertson comes into the game getting down the line unmarked and getting crosses in, you see although you obviously don't football is just as much about what you do off the ball than what you do on the ball, watch the game back and your see what I mean he did his job today and he did it well.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

Walcott kept Robertson quiet all the time he was on, the guy hardly had a touch in our half and his game is all about getting down the line putting crosses in and combinations with the front players but not today Walcott had him in his pocket.

Then Lookman comes on and Robertson comes into the game getting down the line unmarked and getting crosses in, you see although you obviously don't football is just as much about what you do off the ball than what you do on the ball, watch the game back and your see what I mean he did his job today and he did it well.

Walcott did do a decent job defensively... lookman didn't do a poor job defensively.  Walcott was poor offensively, lookman did a good job offensively.