IGNORED

Theo Walcott

18 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Typical.... I stated a good while back that Theo looked to have a certain indifference to stretching for a ball or closing a man down. It was laughed out.... not such the case now.  Some players have a lazy streak - he has it and we can't afford that in our side. 

Most people are still baffled as he's clearly a hard worker.

If you want to moan at someone, as Palfy, StevO and myself have clearly explained it was Coleman's at fault. Yet you focus on Theo, he's your new Lukaku, you hate him. 

55 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Most people are still baffled as he's clearly a hard worker.

If you want to moan at someone, as Palfy, StevO and myself have clearly explained it was Coleman's at fault. Yet you focus on Theo, he's your new Lukaku, you hate him. 

You see that's you in that last sentence.... you be picked up on my annoyance of the word "hate" being used to describe a negative opinion of footballers.  So you just use it.  I probably wouldn't even level your dislike of Gana as hatred and that's extreme.

You are so predictable.  In doing what you've done you've actually made me smirk.  That's the level you run at.   Now run along... youve had my 5 minutes for the day.

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

You see that's you in that last sentence.... you be picked up on my annoyance of the word "hate" being used to describe a negative opinion of footballers.  So you just use it.  I probably wouldn't even level your dislike of Gana as hatred and that's extreme.

You are so predictable.  In doing what you've done you've actually made me smirk.  That's the level you run at.   Now run along... youve had my 5 minutes for the day.

You think I'd give that much of a shit about you? I've used the word hate there is a clear motive on your posts. There's venom in your words/bias. You're building a story to try and validate your wildly obscured view and influence others to try and jump on the Haf bandwagon. 

No hatred, he's not picking himself to play. Just annoyed when he gets the basics wrong. 

6 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't buy the argument that Walcott was told to stay high up the pitch because you can see him in the shot not far behind Martial. 

I think Walcott has done well, he's been a decent signing. A bit frustrating at times in his attacking play, but I've not really had any issue with his defensive work until that one incident at the weekend.

Ever seen the goal Alonso scored for Chelsea against Arsenal? Similar thing... walcott just couldn't be arsed. 

He admitted fault a while back for a similar type of goal scored by Juan Mata.  The top and bottom of it is he  cant keep doing this.

9 minutes ago, pete0 said:

You think I'd give that much of a shit about you? I've used the word hate there is a clear motive on your posts. There's venom in your words/bias. You're building a story to try and validate your wildly obscured view and influence others to try and jump on the Haf bandwagon. 

No hatred, he's not picking himself to play. Just annoyed when he gets the basics wrong. 

I actually do think you are on the windup.  Building a story? I've stated the phases of play and who was doing what.  Tell me.... why was Walcott ok not to pick up martial..... just please explain that to me.

1.  If a player loses a ball you expect him to at least make up for it or try to get back goalside.... you are all for this goalside stuff I notice. He didn't do that.

2. If you notice your team mates have an extra man on them and the attack is in the final 30 yards....  You tuck in - debate the whole "why were you marking rashford bollocks afterwards" .... you don't leave a player with an ability to send in 25 yard efforts like martial to remain unmarked. He was 15 yards from him and didn't even raise a jog.

I'll leave it at that for now.  That's my stance on it.  Walcott mistake was the start of their attack, his inability to get back and atone the error led to the shot and goal.  Martial was the only unmarked player... he was walcotts man given how the attack played out. 

33 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't buy the argument that Walcott was told to stay high up the pitch because you can see him in the shot not far behind Martial. 

I think Walcott has done well, he's been a decent signing. A bit frustrating at times in his attacking play, but I've not really had any issue with his defensive work until that one incident at the weekend.

Spot on.

He’s experienced enough to have seen Martial there (regardless of who’s job it should have been - it’s a team game!) and will know that he could have prevented that goal had he not switched off/ been lazy/ whatever. Overall he’s done well for us and been a good signing up to now.

36 minutes ago, hafnia said:

I actually do think you are on the windup.  Building a story? I've stated the phases of play and who was doing what.  Tell me.... why was Walcott ok not to pick up martial..... just please explain that to me.

1.  If a player loses a ball you expect him to at least make up for it or try to get back goalside.... you are all for this goalside stuff I notice. He didn't do that.

2. If you notice your team mates have an extra man on them and the attack is in the final 30 yards....  You tuck in - debate the whole "why were you marking rashford bollocks afterwards" .... you don't leave a player with an ability to send in 25 yard efforts like martial to remain unmarked. He was 15 yards from him and didn't even raise a jog.

I'll leave it at that for now.  That's my stance on it.  Walcott mistake was the start of their attack, his inability to get back and atone the error led to the shot and goal.  Martial was the only unmarked player... he was walcotts man given how the attack played out. 

If Shaw was left free and scored the goal you'd have a point but it's Coleman's man as simple as that and already clearly explained. 

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

This for me as well before you start blaming one of the most forward players on the pitch who would normally come back to cover their full backs and winger if they were both pushing down the line and not there striker, we should have had plenty of players closer that hadn’t reacted to what was happening and were marking fresh air. 

Coleman being the closer goes to pick up Martial then the other three defenders should shuffle along the line to pickup the player Coleman left and so on that way all players are marked , I managed for a few years and that is what I expected from my players to shuffle and cover, and I would have been saying to Coleman in the dressing room why the fuck didn’t you go to the man then your man would have been picked up, and if Keane hadn’t gone to the man you left not your fault you did what you had to do Keane didn’t  

Shit defending for me from Coleman not down to Walcott  

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

You need to re-read your posts.... they look like they should be in some sort of apple vs android or Xbox vs PlayStation debate where fanboys furiously stick to their side.

I  don't do that - you do. I support ONE THING and that is Everton.  The components that form part of Everton all need to work together.  You only seem to be arsed about Theo. 

Here's a fact for you.  You can trawl the site through my thousands of posts for proof.  I never get overly critical of players for having a bad game  - I may say they need dropping or subbing, I may even say we need to buy a better player for the role.  But when a player shows an attitude of not working that fucks me right off cos they are letting their team mates down.

I have given support to some players who have been through shit times and cone through the other side.  You know the knee jerkers who get slated before even getting past 3 games like Naismith and kone.  Because I can actually see they want to do well. 

Typical.... I stated a good while back that Theo looked to have a certain indifference to stretching for a ball or closing a man down. It was laughed out.... not such the case now.  Some players have a lazy streak - he has it and we can't afford that in our side. 

Haf, whatever people say, you just ignore what you don't like and use the rest to feed your own opinions. Its sad really.

Can you say that Theo has overall played well and contributed vital goals and assists during his time at Everton?

I can say that his last 2 games have been poor and he should be dropped for the Brighton game.

26 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Haf, whatever people say, you just ignore what you don't like and use the rest to feed your own opinions. Its sad really.

Can you say that Theo has overall played well and contributed vital goals and assists during his time at Everton?

I can say that his last 2 games have been poor and he should be dropped for the Brighton game.

It seems that people with a counter argument to myself are quite adept at accusing me of a certain style that they themselves apply... hypocritical really and lacks self awareness.

I've voiced appreciation over Walcott in ganes where he has played well and goals that he has scored.  It fits your agenda to think that I havent but unfortunately you are wrong.

I will find the post where I stated where he had played well but started showing an indifference to work or team mates not making perfect passes. Balanced. 

It seems that people with a counter argument to myself are quite adept at accusing me of a certain style that they themselves apply... hypocritical really and lacks self awareness.

I've voiced appreciation over Walcott in ganes where he has played well and goals that he has scored.  It fits your agenda to think that I havent but unfortunately you are wrong.

I will find the post where I stated where he had played well but started showing an indifference to work or team mates not making perfect passes. Balanced. 

Why not just say he has played well and contributed now, save rehashing an old post?

6 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Why not just say he has played well and contributed now, save rehashing an old post?

He's done well in some games..... He's scored some key goals like the one against Bournemouth.  I would accept him having games where it doesn't fall right for him or he makes the odd selfish choice to shoot instead of pass to a better placed man.

You notice I dont tend to get overly pissed off at his lack of passing to a better placed teammate ... which he did a few times on Sunday. In fact it's the first time I've mentioned it. 

If I had it in for him I would be throwing that in the mix but I'm not. Answer that? If I had it in for him I would paste him for that but I can accept it to a degree.

No. The issue I've got is he knows better but can't be arsed getting the hard yards in. A consistent theme it seems with his time at arsenal.

The way he is going he will need the bench to be used as a way of keeping a fire lit under his arse. 

26 minutes ago, hafnia said:

He's done well in some games..... He's scored some key goals like the one against Bournemouth.  I would accept him having games where it doesn't fall right for him or he makes the odd selfish choice to shoot instead of pass to a better placed man.

You notice I dont tend to get overly pissed off at his lack of passing to a better placed teammate ... which he did a few times on Sunday. In fact it's the first time I've mentioned it. 

If I had it in for him I would be throwing that in the mix but I'm not. Answer that? If I had it in for him I would paste him for that but I can accept it to a degree.

No. The issue I've got is he knows better but can't be arsed getting the hard yards in. A consistent theme it seems with his time at arsenal.

The way he is going he will need the bench to be used as a way of keeping a fire lit under his arse. 

I agree he needs benching as he has been poor the last 2 games.

I know how important it is for players to give everything and to back up their team mates with covering runs, when I look at players like Theo there are times when their willingness to get back is not all it should be. Equally they do not get the recognition they deserve for making forward runs, they don't get the ball but  that pull players out of position.

I think Theo is not as lazy as most wingers / attacking players, but he prone to bouts of it.

On 30/10/2018 at 10:46, pete0 said:

Find it crazy n that Walcott's effort levels are being questioned. He's far from a lazy player and one thing that was noticeable when he first signed was how much effort he puts in tracking back. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/theo-walcott-arsenal-arsene-wenger-england-squad-snub-centre-forward-winger-a7634121.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/05/revealed-the-inside-story-of-how-theo-walcott-is-reinventing-him/

He definitely does track back a lot, he does get goal side of his man more regularly than not. If you watched Neville on MNF then that would explain the issue I also have with Walcott. Both very similar in what they do and how they do it.

On 30/10/2018 at 12:27, pete0 said:

It's Coleman's man all day, but Keane hasn't marked his man which has then forced Coleman to shift in side to pick him up. Walcott then comes back to cover as the other two are out of position. 

Walcott if the others had done their job is waiting in the space left open by Martial being forward. If we won the ball back he'd be the outlet to counter. Most likely a tactical decision. 

If the play comes down our right Walcott would have been chasing. As it's not Coleman marks the winger and Walcott cuts out the full back. 

I thought this at the time but havent checked back. Martial would almost always be Colemans man so I wasnt sure why he was free regardless of Walcott. As I also said at the time it looks like a lack of communication. The way the defenders reacted it was because Theo had been told but hadnt got back however that is pure conjecture on my part.

6 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He definitely does track back a lot, he does get goal side of his man more regularly than not. If you watched Neville on MNF then that would explain the issue I also have with Walcott. Both very similar in what they do and how they do it.

I thought this at the time but havent checked back. Martial would almost always be Colemans man so I wasnt sure why he was free regardless of Walcott. As I also said at the time it looks like a lack of communication. The way the defenders reacted it was because Theo had been told but hadnt got back however that is pure conjecture on my part.

See here.... Coleman shifts to cover ball to rashford which was a prime ball for pogba after zouma had cleared. Walcott absolutely no urgency. 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

Wasn’t his man, as the right sided forward it would be his job to occupy the left back. Would be the right backs job to occupy the left forward. 

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

I just nearly pissed my pants reading that. “It’s everyone else who’s wrong, not me! It’s them who are not self aware” 

Sometimes I think you might be a parody of yourself  

😂

Just now, StevO said:

I just nearly pissed my pants reading that. “It’s everyone else who’s wrong, not me! It’s them who are not self aware” 

Sometimes I think you might be a parody of yourself  

😂

And another commentator who fails to see that they too follow the same pattern of behaviour as other forum posters.... because everyone bar myself makes comments and backtracks on the don't they?  

Like I said to matt.... it's like walking into a bar and a bloke stood there with a pint tries to tell you how often you are in here ....

It's a forum.... it's full of fuckin know all's!!!!! 

And another commentator who fails to see that they too follow the same pattern of behaviour as other forum posters.... because everyone bar myself makes comments and backtracks on the don't they?  

Like I said to matt.... it's like walking into a bar and a bloke stood there with a pint tries to tell you how often you are in here ....

It's a forum.... it's full of fuckin know all's!!!!! 

I don’t think I’ve every backtracked to be honest. 

I agree, full of fucking know all’s! It’s just the rest of them are wrong, not you, ever! 

Everyone else just gets bored and moves on, not you. Got to have your obsession and bang the drum on repeat. Keep doing it, gives us all a giggle. 

15 minutes ago, StevO said:

I don’t think I’ve every backtracked to be honest. 

I agree, full of fucking know all’s! It’s just the rest of them are wrong, not you, ever! 

Everyone else just gets bored and moves on, not you. Got to have your obsession and bang the drum on repeat. Keep doing it, gives us all a giggle. 

Bollocks. It's only people who find out that they were wrong who stop..... I gloat cos I was right. 

37 minutes ago, hafnia said:

See here.... Coleman shifts to cover ball to rashford which was a prime ball for pogba after zouma had cleared. Walcott absolutely no urgency. 

Kudos, you found a better angle than I could. That one clearly shows Keane going walkies and marking Noah Badhi and Coleman then following the wrong man. 

Unsure if it was yourself moaning with venom (since you don't like the word anger) that Walcott blamed others after his own cock up. Whoever it was has shown a huge bias as they should be saying the same of Coleman. Much like the Davies bashers who only ever moan when he loses the ball. 

29 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Kudos, you found a better angle than I could. That one clearly shows Keane going walkies and marking Noah Badhi and Coleman then following the wrong man. 

Unsure if it was yourself moaning with venom (since you don't like the word anger) that Walcott blamed others after his own cock up. Whoever it was has shown a huge bias as they should be saying the same of Coleman. Much like the Davies bashers who only ever moan when he loses the ball. 

Not much else needs to be said about your understanding of football.  That is all.  But it does explain a lot.

Stick to whatever it is you do for a living and like someone else has said....  never coach kids. 

I would continue this debate by explaining the need for Keane to cut off the angle for the through ball to rashford or the shot to an otherwise exposed goal which all became relevant after zouma had cleared the ball which took him out of the bank of 4 for him to return to pick up mata who Keane had momentarily picked up on. If Keane never did what he did then rashford was getting played in or pogba had clear shot.

I actually did continue the debate. But there's my answer.  My judgement.   

45 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Not much else needs to be said about your understanding of football.  That is all.  But it does explain a lot.

Stick to whatever it is you do for a living and like someone else has said....  never coach kids. 

I would continue this debate by explaining the need for Keane to cut off the angle for the through ball to rashford or the shot to an otherwise exposed goal which all became relevant after zouma had cleared the ball which took him out of the bank of 4 for him to return to pick up mata who Keane had momentarily picked up on. If Keane never did what he did then rashford was getting played in or pogba had clear shot.

I actually did continue the debate. But there's my answer.  My judgement.   

Why neg and respond you weirdo?

Hahaha, you remind me of the cocky ones on who wants to be a millionaire who give a complete whopper of an answer. You've literally posted a video that clearly shows Coleman and Keane out of position. Others not just me have pointed out the left forward gets marked by the right back. How more simple can it be explained? But no in Hafnia land the right back marks the lone striker and the right winger covers both the oppositions left wing back and left winger or is just the winger and no one takes the wing back? I'm really struggling to follow how you think Keane is doing his job, you keep one centre half spare to just mark space in the box? Is that correct? 

Think most will see why I can't follow your logic. Makes a lot more sense for Keane to just shift across and mark Rashford and Coleman go to Martial. It really is that simple. 

Palfy said he coaches kids and that he taught them to do as I explained. So how can you justify that remark? If anything you've shown out of the two of us it'd be yourself lacking for that role. 

16 hours ago, London Blue said:

You need to re-read your posts then as they seem pretty full on to me.

Yes Theo has had 2 poor games (and I think he should be dropped for the Brighton game) but hes also had 7 good games. From reading, your, and other peoples posts you would think Theo had done fuck all this season and was stealing a living from us, he has 3 goals and 2 assists remember.

IMHO Theo was not at fault for the Martial goal, as has been said the fullback picks up the winger, plus, as has also been said before Theo may well of been told to stay higher up the pitch to be an outlet for a break by us. 

I have no problem with criticising players, but some of the attacks on or own players is over the top, and just does not sit right with me. 

The day we stop being critical of our own players is the day we stop improving. 

Just watched the clip, for me there's a number of issues, 

Gomes could have closed down Pogba quicker

Keane moves to the right and is a distance from any MU player, Coleman moves to cover Rashford and points to Theo to come back towards Martial.

Theo doesn't move quick enough, he may have been told to stay forward, but should have read the game better, seen the danger and reacted with more intent.

From that clip Pogba has 20 yards of space all around him, that’s the issue for me. Players with a bit of aggression like McCarthy and Barry wouldn’t leave a hole that size on the edge of the box, to a player who has all kinds of ability. He needs to be under pressure on that ball. We also have a back four against a front three, but we expect a forward to be picking up one of that front three. Yes Walcott is the closest to him, but it shouldn’t even be him, one of the back four should be picking him up. As Rashford has come across the spare centre half should be picking him up, leaving Digne as the spare man in the back four. But I’ve said before and I’ll say again, the reason that ball is in the back of the net is because Martial is a damn good footballer. 

29 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Keane moves to the right and is a distance from any MU player, Coleman moves to cover Rashford and points to Theo to come back towards Martial.

Exactly, Keane should be covering Rashford, leaving Coleman to still pick up his own man. 

3 hours ago, johnh said:

Walcott didn't read the situation.  His fault 100%.   Walcott was marking space.

Exactly. 

I played in a West Cheshire Prem match....the  last 10 minutes.  A lad who I worked with played for opposition.... picked up ball centre spot.  Ran 10 yards towards me and released ball and moved on to the centre half where he picked up return pass. You could argue "I passed him on".... no... I couldn't be arsed getting back and he scored.

I gave the obligatory arms up..... as if to say "come on defence".  I got fuckin roasted and I deserved it.    I was a lazy footballer who teammates said I played as if on a bungee rope attached to the opponents post.

That's why I can spot it in players.    I was an amateur lazy bastard.