IGNORED

Theo Walcott

6 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Walcott did do a decent job defensively... lookman didn't do a poor job defensively.  Walcott was poor offensively, lookman did a good job offensively. 

Walcott was given the start because Silva knew the key to this game was stopping the supply from the full backs out wide, there was not a chance he could have given that job to Lookman, and like I said replay the game the evidence is there for all to see, watch Walcott always looking to see were he was making sure he never got the run on him, it was an accomplished piece of football carried out perfectly to the plan. 

Both Walcott and Bernard put a massive shift in and sacrificed their own personal game beliefs for the team, the game was set up for Gomes Gylfi and Richarlison to deliver the win, and Walcott played a huge part in that and but for better finishing we should have won. 

There was only one player who didn’t play to his potential and it wasn’t Walcott so get on the Gana thread and make some noises because to put Walcott down for his performance is falling on deaf ears. 

Fuck me your an expert at pissing people off and I meant that in the nicest possible way 👌

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Walcott was given the start because Silva knew the key to this game was stopping the supply from the full backs out wide, there was not a chance he could have given that job to Lookman, and like I said replay the game the evidence is there for all to see, watch Walcott always looking to see were he was making sure he never got the run on him, it was an accomplished piece of football carried out perfectly to the plan. 

Both Walcott and Bernard put a massive shift in and sacrificed their own personal game beliefs for the team, the game was set up for Gomes Gylfi and Richarlison to deliver the win, and Walcott played a huge part in that and but for better finishing we should have won. 

There was only one player who didn’t play to his potential and it wasn’t Walcott so get on the Gana thread and make some noises because to put Walcott down for his performance is falling on deaf ears. 

Fuck me your an expert at pissing people off and I meant that in the nicest possible way 👌

I think I was clear that Gana had a poor game and I even said McCarthy needs game time in order to give us options in that regard some can sub gana in such circumstances.  Would you like me to spend 20 posts defending him when He had a poor game?  I don't nail my colours to the mast..........

The problem Walcott has got is that Lookman is fit and ready to step into his shoes.  I was all for sending lookman to play with the kids a few months back.... I'm prepared to alter my opinions on players who force me to do that by their efforts. 

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

I'm with you on this Palfy, Theo did an excellent job yesterday, AND, Ganas passing was woeful yesterday, he disrupting was as expected.

As a team throughout, we seem to put too many passes behind stopping the speed of our progress, it drives me nuts.

3 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

I'm with you on this Palfy, Theo did an excellent job yesterday, AND, Ganas passing was woeful yesterday, he disrupting was as expected.

As a team throughout, we seem to put too many passes behind stopping the speed of our progress, it drives me nuts.

I noticed this too. Some passes were played behind the runner.

On 03/12/2018 at 02:43, Palfy said:

Walcott kept Robertson quiet all the time he was on, the guy hardly had a touch in our half and his game is all about getting down the line putting crosses in and combinations with the front players but not today Walcott had him in his pocket.

Then Lookman comes on and Robertson comes into the game getting down the line unmarked and getting crosses in, you see although you obviously don't football is just as much about what you do off the ball than what you do on the ball, watch the game back and your see what I mean he did his job today and he did it well.

Surely the point is that Walcott should be keeping Robertson busy all the time. It's not for attacking defenders to shut down defensively players but the other way around.

22 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Surely the point is that Walcott should be keeping Robertson busy all the time. It's not for attacking defenders to shut down defensively players but the other way around.

If it was a 442 v 442 yea, but most teams now have more attacking threat from the wingback. Robertson has three assists this season puts him joint third most creative for them. 

It's telling that we were under the cosh after Walcott come off against Cardiff. A lot of his defensive work goes unnoticed. He's done great considering Coleman isn'tt up to scratch this season. 

35 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

No not really you go out with a game plan to nullify there threat Liverpool rely on their full backs attacking they get forward and feed their front players stop them and you stop their supply, it was evident it worked they took off Firmino and Salah because they weren’t doing anything their supply was cut off, I said weeks ago stop their young fit full backs and you stop them, another point to back this up was when Walcott went off Robertson got more freedom and was more of a threat he got deeper in our half linked up and got crosses in, Lookman got forward more and Robertson exploited the space he looks for. 

You call them defenders as if they don’t cross the half way line them two probably spend more time in the opponents half then most defenders in the league they operate like attacking wing backs 

And imo Walcott done the job he was asked to and executed the plan perfectly. 

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, pete0 said:

God knows what you're watching he's always making good runs. Last season as soon as he come his pace was a breath of fresh air and added some excitement to the side! 

Yeah he did... at home.

He has gone lazy and that puts emphasis on quality.... which he hasn't got enough of to be as economical in his efforts as he is.

I'd be very surprised to see him start the next game.  Get vlassic back in. 

11 minutes ago, Palfy said:

At Burnley the fans were singing his name at the end of the game, that's strange considering he's our worst player lazy and shit.

Offering support to a player who just lost his granddad who had a good game. Rightly so.

Unfortunately they are few and far between. No doubt you will try and tell us black is white. 

No one dislikes Theo and No one is unsympathetic to his loss.

We are discussing his football over the past season.

3 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Offering support to a player who just lost his granddad who had a good game. Rightly so.

Unfortunately they are few and far between. No doubt you will try and tell us black is white. 

No one dislikes Theo and No one is unsympathetic to his loss.

We are discussing his football over the past season.

Not because he had a good game it couldn't be could it your a fucking cock sometimes, he played well at Burnley and the supporters appreciated it he had a bad game today and more than him did as well.

24 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Not because he had a good game it couldn't be could it your a fucking cock sometimes, he played well at Burnley and the supporters appreciated it he had a bad game today and more than him did as well.

Have a day off Palf seriously.  Your a bad wum sometimes and the word cock could very much apply to you. 

He stunk the fuckin gaff out today - a truly awful performance and one of a good number we have seen. The odd smattering of half decent efforts is not good enough. Yet here you are being a comets hypocrite when you consider all the shite you throw about regarding gana

14 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Have a day off Palf seriously.  Your a bad wum sometimes and the word cock could very much apply to you. 

He stunk the fuckin gaff out today - a truly awful performance and one of a good number we have seen. The odd smattering of half decent efforts is not good enough. Yet here you are being a comets hypocrite when you consider all the shite you throw about regarding gana

Shouldn’t have called you a cock and your right that could be attributed to me at times I admit that, but the fact you can’t concede he had a good game against Burnley when he clearly did makes everything you are saying about him irrelevant because it’s clear if he plays well your say he played shit, I accept he had a poor game today just a shame you can’t except when he has a good game, so on that note there’s real point debating it anymore. 

3 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Think we made a wrong move in loaning vlasic out I think he would have flourished this season. Theo has been poor this season I wouldn’t mind seeing him off a striker for the Lincoln game 

If Vlasic was still in our team it feels like Walcott would still be starting every game on the right though. Shame, like someone said previously he's a lovely lad, but his decision making is awful at times - he could have 3 or 4 assists this season where he could have squared the ball for a goal - yet he's too focused on shooting from a difficult angle to get the glory himself.

If he had of obtained those assists, people wouldnt be breathing down his neck as much as they are. He, in part, has brought the negativity upon himself.

I’m hoping Marco gives DCL a solid run of games upfront after the festive period and sees how Richarlison goes on the right. I’ve been a consistent defender of Walcott, but I think it’s time to give something else a try. Walcott seems tailor made to make an impact off the bench anyway with his pace. 

In the long run I think we should be looking  for a left footer to play that inverted winger role on the right though. 

14 hours ago, Palfy said:

Shouldn’t have called you a cock and your right that could be attributed to me at times I admit that, but the fact you can’t concede he had a good game against Burnley when he clearly did makes everything you are saying about him irrelevant because it’s clear if he plays well your say he played shit, I accept he had a poor game today just a shame you can’t except when he has a good game, so on that note there’s real point debating it anymore. 

If you read it again Haf says "Offering support to a player who just lost his granddad who had a good game. Rightly so.", so I'm not sure you're saying Haf is denying he played well in that game.

To yesterday, though, I honestly forgot he was even playing!

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

If you read it again Haf says "Offering support to a player who just lost his granddad who had a good game. Rightly so.", so I'm not sure you're saying Haf is denying he played well in that game.

To yesterday, though, I honestly forgot he was even playing!

I don’t think it’s hard to read into what he meant, when I said he had a good game at Burnley and the fans were singing his name he said only because his grandad had died, that was a couple of weeks ago if you can’t see his implication in that give me your address and I’ll post it to you in Braille, and yes your right he did have a poor game yesterday as I’ve said but there was more than just him, and that still doesn’t take away the fact he had a good game at Burnley or are you like Haf going to deny him that out of spite because you do rate him. 

Just now, Palfy said:

I don’t think it’s hard to read into what he meant, when I said he had a good game at Burnley and the fans were singing his name he said only because his grandad had died, that was a couple of weeks ago if you can’t see his implication in that give me your address and I’ll post it to you in Braille, and yes your right he did have a poor game yesterday as I’ve said but there was more than just him, and that still doesn’t take away the fact he had a good game at Burnley or are you like Haf going to deny him that out of spite because you do rate him. 

It didn't sound like he was saying that at all, Palf. I'm not a chum of Haf's, he can be a right tit when he gets a bee in his bonnet (can't we all) but it very much reads like he's said that with losing his grandad recently and then managing to have a good game that he deserved the fans singing his name.

I don't particularly rate him but I thought he was superb against Burnley.

29 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

It didn't sound like he was saying that at all, Palf. I'm not a chum of Haf's, he can be a right tit when he gets a bee in his bonnet (can't we all) but it very much reads like he's said that with losing his grandad recently and then managing to have a good game that he deserved the fans singing his name.

I don't particularly rate him but I thought he was superb against Burnley.

I know what he said Romey his Grandad had died 4 weeks before that game he had  no reason to say that bar try and take away or dilute the fact he had a good game at Burnley, because he thinks he hides and he’s shite do you really believe they are still singing his name 4 games after his grandad died they done that a few games ago, come mate think about it he’s been on Walcott’s case nearly all season, it takes a certain type of person who would sink as low as that to win an argument in my opinion. Actually it was the 7th game after his grandad died. 

24 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I know what he said Romey his Grandad had died 4 weeks before that game he had  no reason to say that bar try and take away or dilute the fact he had a good game at Burnley, because he thinks he hides and he’s shite do you really believe they are still singing his name 4 games after his grandad died they done that a few games ago, come mate think about it he’s been on Walcott’s case nearly all season, it takes a certain type of person who would sink as low as that to win an argument in my opinion. Actually it was the 7th game after his grandad died. 

Sinking?  I don't sink to any such levels like that so don't be a prick. It's football and I'm quite capable of understanding that it has no bearing whatsoever on the real harshities of life. Winning the golden boot or pfa player of the year wouldn't even near console someone with the the loss of a loved one not by a long long stretch.

My understanding was his granddad had only just died and that is what the fans had known... being Evertonians we support our players through moments like that and doing so after a good game is a great way of doing it. Yes.... the bit were I said he had a good game.... clearly you fucking missed that bit in your eagerness to find offence.....Don't try and create an element of faux outrage to something I haven't done anything incorrect with. 

Ffs Palf... have a fuckin word with yourself. You are being a complete and utter nob

"Win an argument".... just about sums you up. To me it's about having an informed opinion and expressing it. You just carry on the way you are with your agendas. 

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Sinking?  I don't sink to any such levels like that so don't be a prick. It's football and I'm quite capable of understanding that it has no bearing whatsoever on the real harshities of life.

My understanding was his granddad had only just died and that is what the fans had known... being Evertonians we support our players through moments like that and doing so after a good game is a great way of doing it.

Don't try and create an element of faux outrage to something I haven't done anything incorrect with. 

Ffs Palf... have a fuckin word with yourself. You are being a complete and utter nob

His grandad died 24/11 as you well know he played that day still against Cardiff as you well know, that how much he hides, I’ll let others make up their own minds , but  your totally out of order in my opinion to use the death of his grandad to try and demonise or downgrade why the fans were singing his name 7 games after his grandad died. 

And if you want me to be totally honest I don’t believe you when you say you thought he had just died.