IGNORED

Tottenham Hotspur (Home) Saturday September 9th

markjazzbassist

20 hours ago, MikeO said:

Standing outside Bristol Children's hospital today with my daughter while my grandson was in surgery (day case, nothing serious) wearing Everton jumper a bloke walked past us looking at the badge and said, "....we're going to fuck you right over tomorrow..." and not in a jokey bantery manner either, it was vicious. Really want a win now, what a twat; young bloke as well talking to a 57 year old like that? Outside a children's hospital? I despair sometimes.

Turns out he was just speaking truth.

Utter utter shit- totally outplayed, out lassed, out performed and humiliated.

how the fuck Martina is a footballer is beyond me, people saying he was exposed but he is uttr dog turd- Williams not much better, Sandro has not turned up once yet, Klassen is struggling (although they both need a chance) Pickford the next Southall? Fuck me. What's happened to Scneiderlin, he looks lost??

I'm so fucking angry right now- we don't even look like scoring never mind winning.

4 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I'd have bounced the cunt.

Had a run in with a Chelsea fan on the tube in London once. They're all fucking mouth.

Not disagreeing. Just sad at our performance.

I only caught the second half, but the first bit of quality I saw was Keane keeping the ball on the sideline in the 82nd minute.

That was the definition of a woeful display. I'm not sure how toothless we looked in the first half, but it couldn't have been much worse than poorly hoofing the ball in the general of DCL and three Tottenham defenders and hoping for the best.

Rooney, Williams, and Martina need to be out of the starting lineup.

Everybody else needs to gel, and fast.

At work for this one.

But as always, followed your lots enthusiastic posts! And a few apps.

Sounds horrendous. Don't think you have to watch to know that to not have a shot on target at home until about 65 - 70mins is way way off our standard.

It's not good at the moment. Not good at all. The performances more than the scores are a real concern.

11 minutes ago, tonkaroost said:

Some would say we're missing a striker.

I'd agree. Not that that's the only thing we're lacking.

We're badly missing a focal point. We had Pickford launching it up to Sandro all first half and he'll win nothing aerially. 

It's an absolute disgrace that we knew since March Lukaku was off but we managed to bring no one in. 

Agreed. We have no threat up front. It makes us even easier to defend against regardless of the time it takes to "gel."

Fine. Lukaku wanted out. But we should've replaced him with a similar presence up front. Currently, we don't have that big target guy up front, so we can't go direct and we aren't making the most of Pickford's distribution.

23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That's some of the worst shite I have ever watched. Zero creativity. Zero energy. Zero threat. Zero desire. Zero width  

If we manage to finish 10th we'll have been very lucky based on today. We don't look like we have goals in us. 

Which is hilarious when you think he's managed to show horn 3 number 10s into the side.

Awful display today, we played very narrow, Spurs always had an outlet with both their full backs, I lost count on how many times they sprayed the ball out to Davies on the touchline, Martina was nowhere near him, Kane won every header and held up the ball well. 

We were OK up to the first goal, which looked like a misplaced cross, I thought we were going to give them a game, after that we fell apart and lost all confidence.

2nd half we were clapping the players for keeping the ball in play, that's about it.

Williams, Martina and Klassen very poor, Sandro took some heavy knocks.

like everyone else, I'm concerned on where we go from here.

2 hours ago, Lowensda said:

Which is hilarious when you think he's managed to show horn 3 number 10s into the side.

We pretty much all said it at the time... Its just really poor planning and because of their reputations or the amount we have paid, he is under pressure to squeeze them all into the same side even if its to the detriment of the side.

I would go back to the three of Davies and Gueye ahead of Schneiderlin. Get Jags in alongside Williams (who really doesnt look comfortable in a 2) and get Holgate into the 11, with Kenny as back up as Martina can go fuck himself for the rest of the season.

DCL needs to be starting every game and then its a toss up for the other 2 positions. I would probably go Sigurddsson on one side and then given his pace, I would probably get Vlasic involved.

Rooney / Klaasen just dont fit into our best side IMO, given how Koeman seems to want to play. I think the latter will get there but he looks positionless at the moment whilst he settles in. I think he needs to be playing deeper.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

Spurs play with 3 number 10s most games - major difference is they're working behind Kane with Tripper/(Aurier) and Davies/Rose creating quality/reliable width.

Which suits how they play, pressing high up the pitch. They aren't being asked to go box to box and when they are, they are a lot more mobile and with a striker who can bring them into play. 

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

Which suits how they play, pressing high up the pitch. They aren't being asked to go box to box and when they are, they are a lot more mobile and with a striker who can bring them into play. 

And there is the crux of it- we dont have a player in the squad who can play up front like they do. We needed that striker the board should have broken the bank to get it, the blame lies squarely at their door for not getting one in.  Not for a single second saying that's why we got beat yesterday- of course it isn't but the replacement of Lukaku was THE most important signing this summer and they failed to deliver.

4 hours ago, Paddock said:

And there is the crux of it- we dont have a player in the squad who can play up front like they do. We needed that striker the board should have broken the bank to get it, the blame lies squarely at their door for not getting one in.  Not for a single second saying that's why we got beat yesterday- of course it isn't but the replacement of Lukaku was THE most important signing this summer and they failed to deliver.

If for instance we brought in Giroud, which by all accounts was target number 1 then how much would change if we can't get good ball or support to him. Donto forget this happened last year with Rom too it's not a brand new phenomenon.

As I said last year, you can't expect anyone on their own up front to be able to hold off 2 or 3 defenders and then bring the ball down, hold it up and play others in when the team as a whole are sat deep absorbing pressure because all that happens is that you bypass the midfield and they get caught in transition. 

If we want to play like Spurs and their attacking midfielders we need to dominate possession and we need to condense the pitch and press much higher. Unless we do that, nothing will change against the teams we can't naturally dominate. Striker or no striker.

Disgusting performance....Like it or hate it, Rooney at times may seem like a headless chicken, but he is the only one grinding in at least in fourth gear when the rest failed to move up from second gear...Even since the start of this season, yet to see our team string 5 forward passes together....snobbish Koeman is clueless till now...

This looks like a team of fair players who have never played together before. Team spirit and effort are missing. Defenders are generally hanging back instead of pressing. Huge lack of rhytm and pace in attack. We do not look like a side that can score against a top 6 team at the moment. Defensive mids and right back were leaving acres of space to their attackers. On paper we have a better side but they have yet to deliver.

7 minutes ago, aaron said:

I've never left a match early in my life, by the 70th minute I was outside walking back to my car. Absolutely dreadful performance. Martina and Williams need putting down, one fella behind me summed it up perfectly when Martina gave away a foul he shouted "send him off!"

Left 70 in too. Absolute joke I've paid my hard earned money to watch that shite.

I commented on people leaving early in general last week and got laughed at. I also got laughed at for saying about a bloke not renewing his season ticket as it's not 'Everton' anymore. 

The manager needs a warning. The football is awful, and it doesn't feel like very Everton at all. No fight.