IGNORED

Goodbye To The Gravy Guzzler

Since one of the articles above points out that Crooked Sam's 'points per game' is fewer than Unsworth's, the statistic that we would have finished 6th is very deceiving. Indeed, several of the manager's comments are misleading in the extreme - such as claiming the West Ham win among his own. If there's someone I really don't like, it's the person who's deliberately dishonest to serve their own self-interest.

8 hours ago, pete0 said:

If there's no one better available. 

For me the manager is not our most urgent problem. The main concern is centre backs and a defensive mid. That's Sam's forte. Much rather him than Walsh scouting this summer. 

So you're happy for a single shot on target against Newcastle while that other lot thump five goals in the Champion's League semi-final?

And that was no single incident, Everton has second least shots on target this season. And a lot of it has to do with the negative tactics.

9 hours ago, Bailey said:

Given Arsenal's points tally, 6th was even achievable especially when you consider we could have taken points from them making a 6 point swing.

Arsenal beat us 9-2 on aggregate- 9 fucking 2 then he said we couldn’t compete with them and need to accept it. They’ve lost to most of the lower league sides this season. 

Spurs - 7-0

Arsenal - 9-2

Man U - 6-0

Man City 4–1

Atalanta 8-1

Lyon 5-1

of the top 6 only  Chelsea and the Shite have not absolutely whalloped us this season fucking Burnley took 6 points off us, we get drubbed 4-1 by an almost relegated Southampton team, West Brom took 2 points off us and we're extremely unlucky not to take all 6 and we’ve won 2 away games all season. Stoke and Newcastle being our only 6 point games. The WHOLE seasons been a catastrophe and has not gotten a tiny bit better.

5 hours ago, Paddock said:

Arsenal beat us 9-2 on aggregate- 9 fucking 2 then he said we couldn’t compete with them and need to accept it. They’ve lost to most of the lower league sides this season. 

Spurs - 7-0

Arsenal - 9-2

Man U - 6-0

Man City 4–1

Atalanta 8-1

Lyon 5-1

of the top 6 only  Chelsea and the Shite have not absolutely whalloped us this season fucking Burnley took 6 points off us, we get drubbed 4-1 by an almost relegated Southampton team, West Brom took 2 points off us and we're extremely unlucky not to take all 6 and we’ve won 2 away games all season. Stoke and Newcastle being our only 6 point games. The WHOLE seasons been a catastrophe and has not gotten a tiny bit better.

Exactly this. Just four years ago, we finished ahead of Tottenham and Manchester United and just 12 points behind the league champions. That year, we didn't lose 8-1 or 5-1 in the early rounds of the Europa; instead, we hammered good teams home and away. We even allowed the youth to play one of the games. Where's the ambition today? What are our expectations? Why are we now playing 30-year-olds at the end of the season and no longer our promising young players?

Today, on the field, we no longer play to win but to not lose. In the league, we no longer play to be in the top six but not in the bottom three. This manager is sucking hope from the club. It's like watching a well-loved celebrity slowly bleed to death.

13 hours ago, Paddock said:

Spurs - 7-0

Arsenal - 9-2

Man U - 6-0

Man City 4–1

Atalanta 8-1

Lyon 5-1

I'm now of the opinion that things wouldn't have been any worse under Koeman. After that Arsenal game I thought the only way was up but boy have I been proven wrong on that score.

I dont think sam is going anywer. Surely if the board hav any nounce they would see the crap we are seeing everyweek & make a start for next season. Get the new manager in or a least sack sam & then start making enquiries bout the players they want to sign & trying to unravel the giant xmas tree light crappy knot that is the everton team at mo. The way things r going he will still be in the dugout 1st game of season in the pissing august rain & we will all be saying same thing of wheres are summer & wen we gonna have a shot. How are the fans really going to feel if this happens. I dont think i can do it. Im playin sat footy again i think

10 minutes ago, Blueblood78 said:

I dont think sam is going anywer. Surely if the board hav any nounce they would see the crap we are seeing everyweek & make a start for next season. Get the new manager in or a least sack sam & then start making enquiries bout the players they want to sign & trying to unravel the giant xmas tree light crappy knot that is the everton team at mo. The way things r going he will still be in the dugout 1st game of season in the pissing august rain & we will all be saying same thing of wheres are summer & wen we gonna have a shot. How are the fans really going to feel if this happens. I dont think i can do it. Im playin sat footy again i think

If they sack him now, BEFORE they have a replacement lined up then it looks like amateur hour, again, and makes it harder for us to be taken seriously when trying to get people to come to us, players or staff. I am pretty sure inquiries are being made as we speak with regards to a new manager.

Look at it another way if Allardyce was going to stay then you would think that the board, the club would be rushing to his defense right now saying things like "He has brought stability to the club and we are looking forward to working with him and the coaching team in the summer to push Everton to qualify for European Football next season". 

They have not, there has been silence, in the summer he will only have 1 year left on his contract and it will be easy to sack him while the footballing medias attention is in Russia and Everton can go about the business of replacing him quietly and without too much pro Sam blow back.

19 minutes ago, London Blue said:

If they sack him now, BEFORE they have a replacement lined up then it looks like amateur hour, again, and makes it harder for us to be taken seriously when trying to get people to come to us, players or staff. I am pretty sure inquiries are being made as we speak with regards to a new manager.

Look at it another way if Allardyce was going to stay then you would think that the board, the club would be rushing to his defense right now saying things like "He has brought stability to the club and we are looking forward to working with him and the coaching team in the summer to push Everton to qualify for European Football next season". 

They have not, there has been silence, in the summer he will only have 1 year left on his contract and it will be easy to sack him while the footballing medias attention is in Russia and Everton can go about the business of replacing him quietly and without too much pro Sam blow back.

I dont know anymore. In the past i would tend to agree that the board being quiet would mean they have lost faith but with sam sayin how good he is time after time has he brained washed the powers that be?. Nah . Your right roll on next season . Amazing comebacks. Cup runs galore . Press talking about us being dark horses for title mid feb?. Cant wait

2 minutes ago, Blueblood78 said:

I dont know anymore. In the past i would tend to agree that the board being quiet would mean they have lost faith but with sam sayin how good he is time after time has he brained washed the powers that be?. Nah . Your right roll on next season . Amazing comebacks. Cup runs galore . Press talking about us being dark horses for title mid feb?. Cant wait

I don't think we will be challenging for the title next season, but if we can be close to challenging Arsenal, defiantly ahead of the rest and qualify for Europe then I will be happy. We need to be playing expansive, creative attacking football, not tiki taki and not route 1, but using the best of both, like we did in Martinez's first season. That's the dream. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Van Gaal? Only an FA cup with united and they spent insane money.  He has the pedigree but it wasn’t pretty at all when he was at United.

From Moshiri's managers so far, it's clear that his #1 criterion is proven track record. This would put van Gaal, Wenger, and Ancelotti in the mix.

I have no problem with seeking out a proven winner, but I don't think it should be the only factor. 110% commitment to the club, its culture, and its history is equally important, and so is an attractive style of football. It really isn'tt all about winning, although that is very important, of course.