IGNORED

Richarlison

16 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Looked hungry and invested today. My only concern is, he might have a very strong start to the season because of his summer form, but all those games this summer might catch up to him halfway through or later.

Rafa's gonna need to do a good job of managing his game time and fatigue

This is why we need to get another forward in so we can rotate Richarlison and DCL with one other, unfortunately it doesn’t look like it will be Kean. 

4 hours ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Everyone was shit in the first half but you could see he was trying to make things tick. Second half and he quite literally swung the game in our favour, I think we're really lucky in the sense that other players are rusty and we've got Charlie in hot form off the back of the Olympics.

As you say, he may fatigue heavily throughout the latter stages of the season, so hopefully we have the scope to manage this by resting him when needed (as we did today).

He will fatigue, and I hope the fans put that into context. When we bought him from Watford he had played non-stop and still came and ran his heart out for us. 

1 hour ago, Sibdane said:

He will fatigue, and I hope the fans put that into context. When we bought him from Watford he had played non-stop and still came and ran his heart out for us. 

I would agree if it were most other players but he is so industrial that I believe he has a bit extra than most others. We don’t have Europe and we can maybe rest him in some early cup games but I think he will be okay.

He looked sharp though, this is the Richarlison we need if we want to be contending for European spots. Pivotal for us.

52 minutes ago, Btay said:

I would agree if it were most other players but he is so industrial that I believe he has a bit extra than most others. We don’t have Europe and we can maybe rest him in some early cup games but I think he will be okay.

He looked sharp though, this is the Richarlison we need if we want to be contending for European spots. Pivotal for us.

Don’t disagree he has more than most, but I can’t think of any player who has never needed a break at some point. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

He will most likely play though, so won’t get any rest… just matches and jet lag! 
Got to give it to the lad, he has some engine on him.

You haven't read it properly - he'd get the rest when he has to quarantine upon returning to the UK, so would miss some of our games.

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

You haven't read it properly - he'd get the rest when he has to quarantine upon returning to the UK, so would miss some of our games.

Can’t begrudge him going for international duty but hopefully Brazil are sensible about this. Perhaps if he misses one game for them and one game for us.

Regardless I would prefer to see him stay put this international break.

3 minutes ago, Btay said:

Can’t begrudge him going for international duty but hopefully Brazil are sensible about this. Perhaps if he misses one game for them and one game for us.

Can maybe buy a new handbag in duty free:P

23 minutes ago, Btay said:

I’d have liked them to let him sit out this round of matches and have a break. Especially after him playing in both tournaments in the summer, wouldn’t be asking much. 

14 hours ago, StevO said:

I’d have liked them to let him sit out this round of matches and have a break. Especially after him playing in both tournaments in the summer, wouldn’t be asking much. 

You would hope this would have been agreed with the Brazilian FA before releasing him for the Olympics!

36 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Never got the room temp red wine, reminds me of drinking flat beer!!! 
A nice chilled fruity red is the way to go 😉

Or am I just to common haha!

I remember the first time I got asked if I’d like ice with my red and I was shocked. However, since trying it I actually don’t mind it so much!

23 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Never got the room temp red wine, reminds me of drinking flat beer!!! 
A nice chilled fruity red is the way to go 😉

Or am I just to common haha!

Don’t get me wrong, I still love a glass of room temp red - the correct way - but a chilled glass on a sunny day is spot on 👌🏼