IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Think we were just that shit, desperate for a change and reeling from that manager being appointed that anything going forward under our possession was considered "positive"

True. It was during the “era” of Fat Sam, so what little good there was stood out to me. 

• 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

We can't blame him; he simply wants the club to honor its contract. 100 percent of the blame resides with Crooked Sam and a board who thought it was a good idea to appoint him as manager.

Honour…… not sure how much honour there is in what he’s doing.  Yeah I get the money side of things but ffs he has opportunity to play football but he doesn’t want to. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

Not sure I would give away a couple of million if I didn’t have to. Happy to see the guy leave,  but can see why he would stay. He’s got no loyalty to Everton, no duty of care to anyone other than his family. Don’t like it but that’s the game and I’m pretty sure any of us in that position would do the same. He’ll be gone in six months, not worth worrying about. And it’s not my money. 

It was a loan so he wouldn’t have been out of pocket.  Just doesn’t want to work for a living. Hope the prick struggles to get another deal.  Loads of players with more ability and work hard who won’t earn his cash. 

disgrace really 

5 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

It was a loan so he wouldn’t have been out of pocket.  Just doesn’t want to work for a living. Hope the prick struggles to get another deal.  Loads of players with more ability and work hard who won’t earn his cash. 

disgrace really 

He’s taking each and everyone of us for a ride again, how many moves has he turned down now, I really hope we start to put clauses into contracts that stop this happening, if they refuse two moves terminate.

47 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

Amuses me how people give grief to Tosun as if they wouldn't do the exact same in his position.

He’s not being put in a position where he would get less money…. He is basically being offered match time and an opportunity to put himself in shop window and the bum isn’t interested.

if it was a perm deal and he would lose £££ I would understand.   Absolute mercenary 

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He’s not being put in a position where he would get less money…. He is basically being offered match time and an opportunity to put himself in shop window and the bum isn’t interested.

if it was a perm deal and he would lose £££ I would understand.   Absolute mercenary 

Or maybe Hull could only afford some of his wages and he'd lose bonuses? Don't know the ins and outs of his contract so can't really know.

Purely hypothetical but... 

Maybe he gives 100% in training 

Maybe he loves the club and really wants to play for us

He did well when he first came in and maybe he's convinced he can still play with the same returns if given a lengthy run 

Maybe he sees the revolving door of managers and he's waiting for one to give him a chance

On the outside it might look like he's a mercenary because he's not moving away, but there's always the possibility of any combination of the points above, we really don't know. 

Or maybe he's laughing at a company paying him millions a year to sit on his arse... Probably seems more likely after writing this 😅

1 hour ago, Hoof_It_Nev said:

Purely hypothetical but... 

Maybe he gives 100% in training 

Maybe he loves the club and really wants to play for us

He did well when he first came in and maybe he's convinced he can still play with the same returns if given a lengthy run 

Maybe he sees the revolving door of managers and he's waiting for one to give him a chance

On the outside it might look like he's a mercenary because he's not moving away, but there's always the possibility of any combination of the points above, we really don't know. 

Or maybe he's laughing at a company paying him millions a year to sit on his arse... Probably seems more likely after writing this 😅

Also he has a wife and kids so maybe given he knows he off at the end of his contract guaranteed doesn't want to move twice for the sake of 6 months.

*I also understand he is a symbol of our diabolical situation so can understand people being pissed off.

9 hours ago, Matt said:

Or maybe Hull could only afford some of his wages and he'd lose bonuses? Don't know the ins and outs of his contract so can't really know.

Bonuses??? He’s not playing. Bonuses are linked to playing/scoring/winning.  He’s happy to pick up his £100k plus for doing fuck all. 

I hope the prick is banished from finch farm. These are the toxic types we need away from players. May not be trouble causers but turning up to train with no fire or desire to play.

I’m quite happy at the outcome of this for reasons others will see as strange, for me he is a reminder to the owner and board of what can go wrong when you make poor decisions, he’s a lesson to be learned and the longer he’s here teaching them a lesson the more they might learn, don’t go over your DoF head and employ poor managers and sign even poorer players. So fair play to Tosun the more pain inflicted the better gains for the future, so carry on Tosun and teach Moshiri and his cronies to stay out team affairs. 

11 hours ago, Hafnia said:

disgrace really 

Said it before, and no doubt will again, blame the people who gave the contract. 

11 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

He’s taking each and everyone of us for a ride again, how many moves has he turned down now, I really hope we start to put clauses into contracts that stop this happening, if they refuse two moves terminate.

Again, blame the people who gave him the contract. 

32 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Bonuses??? He’s not playing. Bonuses are linked to playing/scoring/winning.  He’s happy to pick up his £100k plus for doing fuck all. 

I hope the prick is banished from finch farm. These are the toxic types we need away from players. May not be trouble causers but turning up to train with no fire or desire to play.

That's the usual 3 but there's others like being selected for match day squad, getting on to the pitch, loyalty bonuses for time at the club etc. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer him gone too but it's not his fault we gave him stupid money 

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

He can still get team bonuses too, though not sure there will be many of them still achievable! 

7 hours ago, Shukes said:

I love playing football, even at 48 years old I still play.

Believe me, I would rather play football and accomplish something than sit on my backside.

There is more to being a football player then the 90 mins on a Saturday afternoon. 

If I was him, I would want to show what I can do for the new manager.