IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

13 hours ago, c1982 said:

I’d like him to have better competition than Niasse and DCL... I like all 3 but I think we need a striker who is really going to make Tosun worry about his starting position and hopefully take him to another level.

Even now teams play one up front I think you need 4 centre forwards. We're weak through the whole spine of the team but at moment CF is the least of the problems compared to centre back and centre mid. I hope Brands and the scouting team are already looking at options for the next transfer window or next summer. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/08/2018 at 11:21, Romey 1878 said:

They don't even have supporters in Turkey. It's a government-backed businessman's team. (He is in the picture with Cenk. Mr. Gumusdag is also relative of Erdogan)

With the way he is being asked to play, I doubt he'll be a 20 goals a season striker BUT, if his performances keep on, he's going to prove valuable in helping the team score more.

He keeps the defenders busy and seems to either look to hold up the ball or go out wide to receive the ball...both seem to allow our other attacking players more space centrally.

Really working his arse off for the team at the moment.

47 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

With the way he is being asked to play, I doubt he'll be a 20 goals a season striker BUT, if his performances keep on, he's going to prove valuable in helping the team score more.

He keeps the defenders busy and seems to either look to hold up the ball or go out wide to receive the ball...both seem to allow our other attacking players more space centrally.

Plus he can score from more or less anywhere. He can have a queit game in terms of chances and then bang one in from an acute angle 20 yards from goal. 

1 hour ago, Newty82 said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if all three front players hit 20 this season. The way they are interchanging suggests they will all get plenty of opportunities.

Cenk's defending was brilliant yesterday too, ran his socks off for the time he was on the pitch and from closing down the Southampton back four they had to constantly pump it upfield as opposed to playing out from the back. Last season we would have sat back until they were in our final third however with Tosun running around like a pitbull, teams are having to go route one against us which will be perfect when we have Yerry Mina and/or Michael Keane and Kurt Zouma at the back. 

Also, massive thumbs up for this too. Doesn't take a lot but means everything to the fans. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, StevO said:

The man is playing brilliantly at the moment imo. 

Perfect example of how a striker can and should impact the team without relying on scoring stats to justify his place. 

The goals will come.  He is doing a role similar to firminho at Liverpool - helping the attacking mids get forward with confidence. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Holds the defender off and flicks it round the corner. He has a little look right before he does it, so I think it was meant.

I meant more how he pulled off the flick. Looks like he’s dislocated his ankle to play it with the inside of his foot on a phone screen!

6 hours ago, Matt said:

Is it the inside of his foot or the outside? Either way it was impressive, but if it was the inside of his foot, he's made of rubber

I think its the inside of his foot... I have watched it a few times to see how he did it but I am still not sure! It looks like he just takes the pace of it with his instep and the angle of his foot guides into the path of his teammate. Great vision and touch.