IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

5 minutes ago, Sir McGiven said:

His career at Everton turned out to be a big disappointment, isn'ttt it?

He is the one to blame. Fat Sam was interested bla bla, ok but he picked Everton, he knew what he is going to face but did nothing to improve in the game. So, it is not Everton's fault. I was very optimistic at the beginning of this season but it is not going to happen.

Why do you think it’s turned out the way it has for him, he started off with so much promise scored some well taken goals.

I still think he should be playing up front in place of Richarlison who is better on the left, where that leaves Bernard I don’t know but that’s not the issue we need to play the best players suited for the positions they excell in, so at this moment in time he’s still got a future here imo. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I could’ve sworn he was in the starting line-up last night but I don’t remember seeing him playing, so I must’ve been mistaken. 

3 hours ago, Matt said:

I think the only time the ball got near him he brought a great save out of the keeper. Otherwise he was just closing down and creating space rather than being on the ball. 

Thought these comments were on about Gylfi when I first read them. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Matt, I understand you always look for the good in everything but he was shite. He looked massively disinterested in doing anything at all. DCL got more involved in the game than he did.

This was his opportunity and he blew it.

I’m not saying i didn’t expect more but he wasn’t the worst player in my opinion 

19 hours ago, Palfy said:

Why do you think it’s turned out the way it has for him, he started off with so much promise scored some well taken goals.

I still think he should be playing up front in place of Richarlison who is better on the left, where that leaves Bernard I don’t know but that’s not the issue we need to play the best players suited for the positions they excell in, so at this moment in time he’s still got a future here imo. 

The reason is beside the obvious facts (like he is slow as a striker for EPL) he is not good at hold-up play, link-up play etc. at Everton, those were what he used to do perfectly at Besiktas. What makes him special is his finishing ability so far but that alone is not enough.

I mean DCL is a promising striker and maybe will be better than Cenk in the future but I don't think he is currently and as far as I see he is the 2nd choice striker. Well, if Cenk dropped to 3rd choice, it is not good for him. Plus, because of the current situation I think his morale is pretty low and he looks like he has lost his self-confidence already.

Can he still be a good asset for the team? I am sure he can but eventually being a 3rd choice problem will drive him to the point where he needs to make a decision.

1 hour ago, Sir McGiven said:

The reason is beside the obvious facts (like he is slow as a striker for EPL) he is not good at hold-up play, link-up play etc. at Everton, those were what he used to do perfectly at Besiktas. What makes him special is his finishing ability so far but that alone is not enough.

I mean DCL is a promising striker and maybe will be better than Cenk in the future but I don't think he is currently and as far as I see he is the 2nd choice striker. Well, if Cenk dropped to 3rd choice, it is not good for him. Plus, because of the current situation I think his morale is pretty low and he looks like he has lost his self-confidence already.

Can he still be a good asset for the team? I am sure he can but eventually being a 3rd choice problem will drive him to the point where he needs to make a decision.

He is slow granted I think he is good at linking up play I remember last season he was linking up well with Gylfi. 

Im not going to read to much into the last game there were a few who didn’t play to their ability and he didn’t have much to feed off either, he needs another two or three games before we give up on him, and playing Richarlison as CF isn’t doing us any favours. 

• 3 weeks later...

I know Silva said Tosun had a future here but he is hardly going to say he hasn't when he may have unexpectedly been asked the question.

Personally I don't think him or Schneiderlin are wanted and we are just waiting for approaches for their services, it would be nice to get a bit of money back for them but to get the wages of the wage bill is equally important to help stay with in the FFP guide lines, when we make approaches for replacements.

15 hours ago, Bailey said:

If either of them go then a replacement needs to be sought. For Schneiderlin I imagine there are plenty available at lower wages but I wouldnt be so sure with Tosun. I doubt he is on that much in comparison to a similar quality player and IMO he does still have a part to play, albeit a small one. 

I'd agree with this, but I never feel a great amount of enthusiasm when Cenk comes on a sub, or as a start the games seem to pass him by. Better option for keeping than Niasse though.

1 minute ago, sibdane said:

Definitely... but Niasse seems to score against tired defenses with his energy. Tosun is a hard-worker, but I wouldn't describe him as "energetic." 

Yeah I see where you're coming from - but Tosun does have 2 goals off the bench so far this season and Niasse seemed to create more problems for us than Brighton today haha.

Just now, Aidan said:

Yeah I see where you're coming from - but Tosun does have 2 goals off the bench so far this season and Niasse seemed to create more problems for us than Brighton today haha.

I think it just points to the fact that a striker should be our first priority in the January or off-season window. 

2 minutes ago, sibdane said:

I think it just points to the fact that a striker should be our first priority in the January or off-season window. 

I can't see us birnging one in though, unfortunatly.

I know it seems to be an unliked opinion, but if he would come Giroud would be a perfect fit.

Hold up play is spot on, links up really really well with supporting attackers, intelligent forward who is physical, aggressive and with the amount of crosses Digne and Siggy get in the box he will score headers for fun. Obviously only a short term option though.

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

I can't see us birnging one in though, unfortunatly.

I know it seems to be an unliked opinion, but if he would come Giroud would be a perfect fit.

Hold up play is spot on, links up really really well with supporting attackers, intelligent forward who is physical, aggressive and with the amount of crosses Digne and Siggy get in the box he will score headers for fun. Obviously only a short term option though.

I like Giroud, but my only issue with him is his age. He's also not going to offer much on a counter attack. I do think we need a striker in that mold though, especially if we're just going to play with one up front. 

12 minutes ago, sibdane said:

I like Giroud, but my only issue with him is his age. He's also not going to offer much on a counter attack. I do think we need a striker in that mold though, especially if we're just going to play with one up front.  

He's more than capable of bringing others into play during a counter attack.

Silva has been playing with a double Pivot - its essential we get a big lad up front.

If we were to sign him in Jan he would suffice for at least the next season and a half seasons as a starter - which gives us plenty of time to look for his replacement.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

He's more than capable of bringing others into play during a counter attack.

Silva has been playing with a double Pivot - its essential we get a big lad up front.

If we were to sign him in Jan he would suffice for at least the next season and a half seasons as a starter - which gives us plenty of time to look for his replacement.

Not exactly disagreeing with you, but I don't like signing players as stopgaps. And usually counter-attacks are quick and decisive. I don't think giroud fits that, however, I'll be honest and say I don't watch him too much.

21 minutes ago, sibdane said:

Not exactly disagreeing with you, but I don't like signing players as stopgaps. And usually counter-attacks are quick and decisive. I don't think giroud fits that, however, I'll be honest and say I don't watch him too much.

I'd rather have a stop gap than no striker at all! haha.

Just now, Aidan said:

Wonder if he has been left out of the squad because there is a move going on behind the scenes?

Could be he's made every squad bar the last two, and started five games, if he is off I'd rather a sale than a loan we've got far too many players out on loan, we need to start shifting a few to get some much needed capital back, if they all turned back up next season we wouldn't be able to afford the food bill.