IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

Probably palace, they probably only offered half of what we paid 

" Tosun has fallen down the pecking order at Goodison but the Blues will only listen to offer to buy the striker. "

Sounds as if they want him on loan, but we want cash for him.

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

" Tosun has fallen down the pecking order at Goodison but the Blues will only listen to offer to buy the striker. "

Sounds as if they want him on loan, but we want cash for him.

I think we have a problem where Brands and Silva can't go forward because we haven't got the money so we have sell or we can't invest, so loans don't give you the money to buy.

59 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

i'm fine with that, the loans out need to stop we need to get rid permanently now.

47 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I think we have a problem where Brands and Silva can't go forward because we haven't got the money so we have sell or we can't invest, so loans don't give you the money to buy.

Clubs exploiting us because of this but we're refusing to sell and that's why we have so many loans out maybe?

One thing is sure we need to cut our losses on a lot of players this summer. £20m in my eyes for Tosun is a fair enough asking price.

42 minutes ago, Palfy said:

No, I think otherwise. We have spent a lot in the summer and as the season goes, we're not going to break top 6 nor we will be relegated, so it is best to wait and reassess our future in the summer. There's no need to stress our squad with more signings mid season and clearly there aren't good options available to improve our critical areas and in particular strikers. We're short in strikers so it would be ridiculous to send Tosun out on loan, but the price tag is right there if anyone is interested to sign him right away. Then we'll be in a position to use the money and replace him with another gamble, which is acceptable risk than having two misfits.

26 minutes ago, Haiku said:

No, I think otherwise. We have spent a lot in the summer and as the season goes, we're not going to break top 6 nor we will be relegated, so it is best to wait and reassess our future in the summer. There's no need to stress our squad with more signings mid season and clearly there aren't good options available to improve our critical areas and in particular strikers. We're short in strikers so it would be ridiculous to send Tosun out on loan, but the price tag is right there if anyone is interested to sign him right away. Then we'll be in a position to use the money and replace him with another gamble, which is acceptable risk than having two misfits.

I would say we have no choice on signing anyone at present due to lack of money, I think that's the reason we see no movement on Gomes and all of the transfer news surrounding us is of players leaving.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

It would be nice to see a striker, but I get why they just want to get rid of a load of players first. I think we have a few out on loan who’s contract expire in the summer, I hope so anyway. 

Yeh that's true, we cant keep adding to the squad if we have a a huge amount of other players still on the books that don't have a future. Its like a conveyor belt and at the moment we have a lot of deadwood stuck at the end who we cant get out of the club. 

Despite the negativity that came out of that game yesterday, it was really good to see Tosun get a goal. You could see how much it meant to him as the paraded his badge to the crowd, as if to let us know he's going nowhere and will fight for his spot.

I hope he starts mid-week, someone needs to drag us out of this mess and hopefully he can do a Niasse and lead by example. 

1 hour ago, Aidan said:

Despite the negativity that came out of that game yesterday, it was really good to see Tosun get a goal. You could see how much it meant to him as the paraded his badge to the crowd, as if to let us know he's going nowhere and will fight for his spot.

I hope he starts mid-week, someone needs to drag us out of this mess and hopefully he can do a Niasse and lead by example. 

He needs to play. We need players with his character. 

I think whoever does get the nod up front could just do with being played there for 5 or 6 games on the bounce instead of this merry-go-round we have at the moment.

We need people to develop partnerships and understanding more than ever and switching round every game isnt working.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

I think whoever does get the nod up front could just do with being played there for 5 or 6 games on the bounce instead of this merry-go-round we have at the moment.

We need people to develop partnerships and understanding more than ever and switching round every game isnt working.

Might as well do that now as we're not playing for anything now except mid-table.

On 25/01/2019 at 22:45, Haiku said:

:yay: 

• 1 month later...

He did it against a considerably weaker team but he scored no matter what and he played really well. Last week he created a goal and now scored a double.

Turkish National team fired Lucescu lately and hired Senol Gunes (Cenk's gaffer at Besiktas)  who changed the tactic and implemented 4-4-2. So Cenk was a piece of 2-men striking force of the last 2 games and he was looking more comfortable.

He played full-game where Turkish side closed down on the oppenent's half most of the time and he also missed a sitter but the match was 4-0 already, probably he did not care much and did try to make a more fancy move but it didn't work. 

Here is a highlights video if anyone interested: https://footy11.videostreamlet.net/player/html/4ev8MpoFbi?popup=yes&autoplay=1

• 2 months later...