IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

There was an opportunity in the first half were he tried to work a better angle rather than get the shot off and so the chance passed , wouldn’t say it was a sitter

He just didn’t really do anything at all. The number of times the ball was knocked up to him and rather than challenge for the ball he tried to roll the defender in the hope  he missed it was infuriating 

He looks very low on confidence and reminded me a lot of Jelavic in his bad days 

Jelavic?  Oh Lordy now I am worried!!

8 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I was thinking that. Wilth Henry and vlasic coming back next summer I think he will be looking to have a front four that can all score rather than just one which I agree with. Like the shite they can all interchange positionally. Was it fenerbache we got him from? Maybe they can afford him

It's Besiktas mate but I don't think any Turkish club can afford his price at Everton. As he is German-born, maybe some German clubs can be interested though.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

Good thought, klaassen is doing well there maybe Cenk will too.

Premier League is something different. Cenk is still a good player and can do a lot better than this in a more posession based team but neither Sam’s nor Silva’s tactical approach is suitable for him. It’s his bad luck that the manager who bought him was a huge joke and his replacement’s tactics doesn’t suit him. I will not be suprised anymore if he is getting sold and doing great again in another club. This league and this year’s bad form has damaged his confidence, no question. He was dominating Champions League last 2 years at Besiktas (not comparing him to Messi or Ronaldo’s goalscoring of course) and now he has just lost his place at Everton. It should be hard for him.

Still, he was the one who said “EPL is my dream and I don’t wanna miss this offer” then left Besiktas in January for Everton. We struggled after him, dropped all the way to 4th place... He gave his everything for us and just because of that we loved him and there were no bad feelings when he was leaving. As he wanted to come here that badly, he should have worked harder than this. He didn’t to be fair and deserves to be benched for a long time until he is ready (If he can ever be)

But some Everton fans are really biased and blinkered about him. He is still a good striker. If a player is not good at Everton it doesn’t mean he is shit or vice versa.

21 hours ago, Btay said:

I wouldn’t think of selling just yet. There’s been plenty times the final ball hasn’t gotten to him when it really should have. Could have 3/4 goals to his game this season in my opinion.

He should have had 3 or 4 based on the quality of the chances he has had IMO.

I wouldnt sell him either. If we are selling any striker it should be Niasse.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bailey said:

A decent keeper saves it IMO. 

It's a great finish as from that angle it's the smart option.  Keeper will save easy to the near post as his left leg is covering that.  The far post is a dive of his right foot.... the middle of his legs is a difficult cover. 

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

A decent keeper saves it IMO. 

Oh shut the fuck up will ya. If's but's and maybe's... Fact is, it was a half decent keeper and he got mugged. End of subject.... Good goal, good run, good control, good composure..... If Richarlson would be scored that right now, everybody would be creaming in their pants.