IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

I really like Cenk, he gets us as a club, he clearly loves playing here and he always gives 100%.

I was not sure if his lack of form was due to confidence or ability. Having seen his goal I am convinced it is just the former.

If he can get a run of games and start scoring regularly he will be a very good target man for us.

Great goal and as Romey said he had so long he could easily over thought it, but he showed his class and scored the goal that made the game safe.

Personally I think he’s quality but I can see how he could  divide opinion

hes never going to create goals for himself like a Bernard or Richarlison.

He is a finisher and needs the right service to thrive.  Without the service he looks very ordinary but imo he knows where Tim he onion bag is

17 hours ago, hafnia said:

It's a great finish as from that angle it's the smart option.  Keeper will save easy to the near post as his left leg is covering that.  The far post is a dive of his right foot.... the middle of his legs is a difficult cover. 

17 hours ago, yamar said:

Oh shut the fuck up will ya. If's but's and maybe's... Fact is, it was a half decent keeper and he got mugged. End of subject.... Good goal, good run, good control, good composure..... If Richarlson would be scored that right now, everybody would be creaming in their pants.

Any time a keeper is beaten between his legs and at any level he will be seething. 

6 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

That will be the same keeper that saved Walcotts  effort a few minutes earlier from similar position then, so poor finish or good keeper?

Walcotts shot was crap to! Both right down the middle and will be saved more often than not.  

41 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Walcotts shot was crap to! Both right down the middle and will be saved more often than not.  

You're forgetting the golden rule on here, if you get away with it out doesn't matter... Not gone through the thread but are any of the Walcott bashers singing Tosun's praises? 

17 minutes ago, pete0 said:

You're forgetting the golden rule on here, if you get away with it out doesn't matter... Not gone through the thread but are any of the Walcott bashers singing Tosun's praises? 

difference being Cenk works for the team, walcott works for himself.  everyone wants Cenk to come good, everyone wants walcott to figure out its a team game.  completely different issues.

5 hours ago, Paddock said:

I honestly don’t get this hate for Walcott, I really don’t.

I don’t get the hate, but he was poor Sunday and I get the criticism. There’s a very talented player in there who shows himself with some consistency, but not enough consistency to avoid being a bit frustrating.

6 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

I don’t get the hate, but he was poor Sunday and I get the criticism. There’s a very talented player in there who shows himself with some consistency, but not enough consistency to avoid being a bit frustrating.

He didn’t have his best game admittedly, he was largely anonymous but he still had a chance- granted he missed it but he usually gets into at least one goalscoring position a game, his pace and running offer us an outlet and you get 100% out of him.  

14 minutes ago, Paddock said:

He didn’t have his best game admittedly, he was largely anonymous but he still had a chance- granted he missed it but he usually gets into at least one goalscoring position a game, his pace and running offer us an outlet and you get 100% out of him.  

He also started the attack in our half when surrounded by three players, battled two off the ball and managed to pass the ball forward past the other one closing him down, think it was Sigurdssen ended up on the end of the play and the keeper saved it near post. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I could’ve sworn he was in the starting line-up last night but I don’t remember seeing him playing, so I must’ve been mistaken. 

I think the only time the ball got near him he brought a great save out of the keeper. Otherwise he was just closing down and creating space rather than being on the ball. 

20 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think the only time the ball got near him he brought a great save out of the keeper. Otherwise he was just closing down and creating space rather than being on the ball. 

he did have a couple nice times with his back to goal and he was entering the box and laid it off for gylfi/richie etc to continue the attack.  something we really miss with richie up top

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Matt, I understand you always look for the good in everything but he was shite. He looked massively disinterested in doing anything at all. DCL got more involved in the game than he did.

This was his opportunity and he blew it.

His career at Everton turned out to be a big disappointment, isn'tt it?

He is the one to blame. Fat Sam was interested bla bla, ok but he picked Everton, he knew what he is going to face but did nothing to improve in the game. So, it is not Everton's fault. I was very optimistic at the beginning of this season but it is not going to happen.

2 minutes ago, Sir McGiven said:

His career at Everton turned out to be a big disappointment, isn'ttt it?

He is the one to blame. Fat Sam was interested bla bla, ok but he picked Everton, he knew what he is going to face but did nothing to improve in the game. So, it is not Everton's fault. I was very optimistic at the beginning of this season but it is not going to happen.

Very sadly agree.