IGNORED

Cenk Tosun

1 minute ago, Palfy said:

Could be he's made every squad bar the last two, and started five games, if he is off I'd rather a sale than a loan we've got far too many players out on loan, we need to start shifting a few to get some much needed capital back, if they all turned back up next season we wouldn't be able to afford the food bill.

If it is the case then surly someone would be coming in? We can't go the rest of the season with Richy, DCL and Niasse up front!

7 minutes ago, Aidan said:

If it is the case then surly someone would be coming in? We can't go the rest of the season with Richy, DCL and Niasse up front!

I think Silva dispelled that when he said he was tired of hearing we need a striker, and then made a reference to Richarlison and the fact we needed to strengthen other areas.

Just now, Palfy said:

I think Silva dispelled that when he said he was tired of hearing we need a striker, and then made a reference to Richarlison and the fact we needed to strengthen other areas.

Yeah that's what I thought. He may think we might not need a striker in January which is understandable - but allowing one to leave isn'tt a good move.

5 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Yeah that's what I thought. He may think we might not need a striker in January which is understandable - but allowing one to leave isn'ttt a good move.

Your right if one leaves it's a completely different outlook, but we are still in the phase of Marcel being tasked by Moshiri to trim the squad, in a trimmed squad of a figure I think I saw mentioned of about 28-30 is not 4 strikers one to many, I don't know but when you look at the 4 we haven't got one who's prolific or who you would be thinking someone is coming in for him, for a team that wants to go places I find that quite worrying when we had Lukaku like him or not you knew you were going to struggle to keep him because others wanted him.

So in away I suppose I am saying we need a proven goal scorer in and Tosun and Niasse to go.

11 hours ago, sibdane said:

Not exactly disagreeing with you, but I don't like signing players as stopgaps. And usually counter-attacks are quick and decisive. I don't think giroud fits that, however, I'll be honest and say I don't watch him too much.

In the World Cup he managed just fine on the counter attack with a load of rapid young lads around him. He won’t come here and Chelsea won’t sell him anyway. 

Im not sure why Cenk has dropped so far off the radar.

Personally I like him.  Im not sure where the obsession with pace has come from - we have lots of that elsewhere in the squad.  Hes at least as fast as Harry Kane...

He works hard, good finisher, offers an aerial threat, holds the ball up...

He's been here 5 minutes and been messed around since day 1.  Give him a chance!

10 hours ago, Haiku said:

I don't think Cenk had the chance to settle in. Keane was shit through the whole last season, but played week in week out. He's ok now. Cenk had a mixed half season and is frozen now. 

Wrong place, wrong time. Unfortunate for Cenk as he has ability in him and will score goals wherever he goes - but that place wont be here.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

I think he will get goals with the right service. If fat Sam was still here he would bag as he would have loads of long balls crosse etc he needs wingers 

We play with wingers and our stats up to Liverpool game had us as one of the top teams for getting crosses into the box, and he started 4-5 of them games. I had high hopes for him but this league is just step to high for him, we have imo a lot of Europe if not the world's better defenders playing in this league hence why so many strikers fail, and the unfortunate thing is we seem to buy them Niasse Sandro Tosun.

We play 433 now, we did under Koeman too. If you ask Ronald or Marco they will tell you the same. 

The difference is what the players are told to do with and without the ball. The formation is still the same. But now we have bollocks like 4231 being talked about. It’s eothwr 451 or 433 depending on how the game is being played. At best you could argue we play 424. 

Moyes played 451, but tried to tell us it was 442 (Cahill as a striker) to sound more attacking from time to time. All makes no difference. The difference is what you ask of the players on the pitch, not to formation. 

Even now, Gana is a defensive midfielder. He tend to play a lot of the game infront of Gomes as we want him tackling higher up the field. He’s still a defensive midfielder, we just want someone winning the ball higher up. 

Tactics 101 is over haha

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Aidan said:

The club really need to stop loaning and start selling. I know it is easier said than done but this is getting rediculouse now.

If Cenk goes and Charly and DCL have injuries what on earth are we going to do?

Bolasie. Tbf he's a step up from Niasse.